Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail claim Gabriel Martinelli is in line to treble his wages by the end of the season as #Arsenal look to ward off interest from Real Madrid. https://t.co/5lq2XFCh5R

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Xhaka did play a bit better when he went to CB back last night and he was doing quite a lot of the organising but equally it doesnt detract from the main issue that he is simply not good enough. However simply because we dislike him intensely, and personally I'm still disgusted with what he did before Christmas, it would be unfair and dishonest to say that he did not stand up when it was desperately needed last night.

The problem with the Xhaka issue remains when/if we get rid of him we are not going to attract a world class DM to replace him, it is pie in the sky to think that with the current situation we face that we are easily going to pull in the best quality players to replace those who we want rid of, there are just too many deficient players right now who need significant upgrades, Ozil, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac to name a few. If I'm choosing a position I think needs addressing more urgently it is CB ie Mustafi/Luiz, both of them, before Xhaka and if I'm pushed further Ozil too, he is the most mercurial of our players and right now our creativity is non-existent, even last night both goals were pretty much individual efforts.

I want rid of Xhaka for mainly personal reason for the way he disrespected the club and fans but it is a close call over whether I think he is worse than others mentioned above as a player with the exception of Ozil that is :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Forget the fact that Xhakatard is a cùnt that dissed the fans. If he was Bergkamp we'd all get over that to some degree.

The issue is he is complete shit every game. He's so shit that some of you seem to consider his temporarily stepping up a level to average as him showing huge improvement and being the reason we fought back for that draw. That is not the case. You are being swayed by his level of shitness.

He did nothing extraordinary at CB against the chav. He was one of a few players organising and pointing and talking. Nothing extraordinary there - that's a minimum requirement to play in defence ffs lads.

What many of you seem to be conveniently ignoring or forgetting is that his positioning was awful for a lot of that spell at CB. And on a couple of occasions it was Torreira stepping in and clearing after Xhakatard had got caught square on and a chav attacker had strolled past him. Xhakatard anticipated nothing and only reacted to most situations scrambling the ball away more by luck than design.

Being momentarily a bit less shit than normal means fucking nothing. He is utter shit and always will be. He has no brain, footballing or otherwise. If we play him in there on even a semi regular basis he will cost us dearly through his poor technical ability and rank stupidity.

Absolute priority has to be a system or transfer that ensures Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh never play again for us. Absolute priority.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm
The reality is Martinelli would not even have been playing had Auba not been suspended...….I said at the time, the one good thing about the red card was that Arteta would be forced to start him now.

And getting excited about Xhaka and MUstafi is going to lead to more heartbreak......even a broken clock is right twice a day. These are not youngsters slowly coming good, they are veterans who have bad games week in and week out.

I just cannot understand why we are not buying a CB in the window?
It's all If's, But's and maybe's in the end.

Anyone with an ounce of noggin can see he is Quality' and unless he suddenly becomes shyte overnight - Which I just Do Not See Happenong - He has a very VERY Bright future, I just hope it is with us.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:58 am
Forget the fact that Xhakatard is a cùnt that dissed the fans. If he was Bergkamp we'd all get over that to some degree.

The issue is he is complete shit every game. He's so shit that some of you seem to consider his temporarily stepping up a level to average as him showing huge improvement and being the reason we fought back for that draw. That is not the case. You are being swayed by his level of shitness.

He did nothing extraordinary at CB against the chav. He was one of a few players organising and pointing and talking. Nothing extraordinary there - that's a minimum requirement to play in defence ffs lads.

What many of you seem to be conveniently ignoring or forgetting is that his positioning was awful for a lot of that spell at CB. And on a couple of occasions it was Torreira stepping in and clearing after Xhakatard had got caught square on and a chav attacker had strolled past him. Xhakatard anticipated nothing and only reacted to most situations scrambling the ball away more by luck than design.

Being momentarily a bit less shit than normal means fucking nothing. He is utter shit and always will be. He has no brain, footballing or otherwise. If we play him in there on even a semi regular basis he will cost us dearly through his poor technical ability and rank stupidity.

Absolute priority has to be a system or transfer that ensures Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh never play again for us. Absolute priority.
DB you're completely missing my point, for Xhaka what he did last night IS extraordinary, it's the equivalent of Spunky scoring a hat trick from open play, that is how low my expectation of Xhaka is :wink:

We're not talking about a bog average player doing something any 10 year old should know to do, Xhaka really is normally that bad that in my eyes doing the simple things genuinely shocks me. It doesnt matter that we bought him for £35M and he should be able to do all the things you said as second nature, he just cant, christ I'd probably play some of the womens squad ahead of him.

But again in my opinion and only my opinion we have to be realistic, Xhaka is a big problem but he is not the biggest problem we have right now without replacing at least 3 or 4 of our defenders we will continue to concede goals exactly as we have for nearly a decade now whether Xhaka is there or not, I could be wrong but I dont think Xhaka has been singularly responsible for a single goal in the last 5 or 6 games where as Luiz, Mustafi, AMN, Chambers and I think Kolasinac all have.

Pragmatism or realism it doesnt matter which way you view it, this owner, this coach, this board are not going to spend £150-200M replacing all the under par players nevermind upgrading them, christ I dont even think they realise how poor some of them are. Xhaka is a shit player who if money were no object would be one of the first out the door but for me it is overhaul the defence and build from the back forwards because until we stop conceding goals from exceptionally poor individual defending mistakes no amount of coaching will vastly improve results, I hope I'm wrong but with Modern Arsenal its unlikely :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:58 am

DB you're completely missing my point, for Xhaka what he did last night IS extraordinary, it's the equivalent of Spunky scoring a hat trick from open play, that is how low my expectation of Xhaka is :wink:

We're not talking about a bog average player doing something any 10 year old should know to do, Xhaka really is normally that bad that in my eyes doing the simple things genuinely shocks me. It doesnt matter that we bought him for £35M and he should be able to do all the things you said as second nature, he just cant, christ I'd probably play some of the womens squad ahead of him.

But again in my opinion and only my opinion we have to be realistic, Xhaka is a big problem but he is not the biggest problem we have right now without replacing at least 3 or 4 of our defenders we will continue to concede goals exactly as we have for nearly a decade now whether Xhaka is there or not, I could be wrong but I dont think Xhaka has been singularly responsible for a single goal in the last 5 or 6 games where as Luiz, Mustafi, AMN, Chambers and I think Kolasinac all have.

Pragmatism or realism it doesnt matter which way you view it, this owner, this coach, this board are not going to spend £150-200M replacing all the under par players nevermind upgrading them, christ I dont even think they realise how poor some of them are. Xhaka is a shit player who if money were no object would be one of the first out the door but for me it is overhaul the defence and build from the back forwards because until we stop conceding goals from exceptionally poor individual defending mistakes no amount of coaching will vastly improve results, I hope I'm wrong but with Modern Arsenal its unlikely :rubchin:
No no Muzz I get your point and agree that "for him" it was a huge step up - he's that bad. I was aiming that post at a couple posters that were implying he was our best player and MOTM. He deffo wasn't. He just managed to for once drag his sorry ass up to bog average and achieve the absolute minimum required of a defender.

But for me (after Mustafalaugh) Xhakatard is a priority to go. He weakens our midfield terribly. 90% of the time he offers no cover to the CHs and offers nothing going forward and instills a nervousness in the players around him. Then add in his numerous brain farts, lunges, and fouls and pissing away of possession, and I'd rather start with 10 men then include him tbh.

herbert

Post by herbert »

It is all about opinions DB and in my opinion he was not the best player technicallyy on the pitch Monday but he was organising the team and he was the most vocal

A battling draw with 10 men at the chavs and he got my vote for our MOM

Coming on here after being at the bridge is like living in 2 different dimensions when it comes to the Arsenal
at the bridge we have a us v them mentallity and I came out of there pumped up and it normally lasts longer than 24hrs and that is why I was overly strong in my response to people questioning my choice

like i said its all about opinions and nobody can be proved wrong or right at the end of the day

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm
It is all about opinions DB and in my opinion he was not the best player technicallyy on the pitch Monday but he was organising the team and he was the most vocal

Coming on here after being at the bridge is like living in 2 different dimensions when it comes to the Arsenal
at the bridge we have a us v them mentallity and I came out of there pumped up and it normally lasts longer than 24hrs and that is why I was overly strong in my response to people questioning my choice

like i said its all about opinions and nobody can be proved wrong or right at the end of the day
Absolutely herbert. But this is a forum and we are here to debate, analyse, bitch and moan, and now and again celebrate! :wink:

I too was jumping for joy when we got the equaliser. It felt like a win given all that had happened on the night. 8)

But for me it changes nothing regarding the fact a few of our players are just not good enough to be at the Arsenal and especially given the money they are on.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As you've both said it's about opinions and as with many things at the club we're still divided even with Wenger gone, I totally respect what you saying DB about Xhaka and to a large extent I agree but for me the disposal priority is Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac and then Xhaka purely because I think the defence needs major rework before we can move forward. Again this is more down to the injury situation but with Chambers and Tierney out relatively long term, Holding struggling to regain previous form and Kolasinac being utter dogshit I feel that needs resolving first.

Xhaka is dogshite too dont get me wrong but I actually feel the current alternative is just as bad, Guendozi is a nightmare this season and is actually statistically worse than Xhaka with less game time and more yellow cards :shock:

As always it comes down to money and being realistic to sort the defense to a decent standard even with Saliba coming in we need at minimum 2CBs and a LB, probably a second RB too, thats even before you find a creative midfielder to replace Ozil and potentially replacement strikers :rubchin:

Its academic though because if either Laca or PEA goes in the summer most of the funds raised will be spent on an overpaid primadonna replacement rather than real positions of need :banghead:

Xhaka will be here for a testimonial in about 8 years when he retires though and will outlast another 3 or 4 Managers :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

herbert wrote:

In my opinion Mustafi was man of the match.

Just testing your theory about nobody’s opinion being proved wrong or right :wink:

herbert

Post by herbert »

wibble wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 pm
herbert wrote:

Just testing your theory about nobody’s opinion being proved wrong or right :wink:
:shock: You got me :lol:

BUT :blah: :lol: If your opinion had some reasoning for Mustafi as your mom like the way that he made that bad error in the first half but 2nd half he didnt hide played well and got a brilliant assist for Martinellis goal :lol: so I am giving it him ,would you be wrong? only in peoples opinion

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jesus Xhaka was absolutely bang average. After an anonymous 25 minutes in CM (as always against a half decent side), he did nothing remarkable positively or negatively.

The fact that it’s being heralded as one of his best displays sums up how much of an absolute skid mark he has been throughout his time with us.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've been away all week and didn't see any of the game, apart from our two goals which I've watched since

From those I've spoken to we supposedly looked better with 10 men and with our backs up against the wall, which if that's the case, then credit where credit is due because we have had a long history of totally collapsing with 10 men - can't recall the last time we were anything other than utter shite when a man down

Mustafi?? FFS. What is this joker doing anywhere near the first team. Are we serious that there isn't an academy prospect who is less error prone than this walking disaster? Any money for him is too much - just get rid of the c.unt this window.........PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bench Cam from the game against the ChavRentBoys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNNiElyHpQ

The look on Arteta's face (He Freezes and his face says WTF!!!???) when mustafi makes THAT mistake.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 pm
herbert wrote:

Had Mustafi played All game like he did in the 2nd half, maybe, But he did make that calamitous error which could have cost us a hiding, then again maybe it was a Blessing in Disguise be cause it then made the team dig in and play with a grit, determination and passion we have not seen since early wenger days.

Mustafi man of the match!? Naah.