Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

ANYTHING BUT Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by xisstential »

What is it with these prissy little footballers putting the ball outside of the D when taking corners? The linesmen used to stand there and regulate, move the ball back when necessary, but the corner taker would always have to have the final say by moving it so just a sliver of white chalk is touching the ball. Now the footballers, who presumably can't reach from inside the D, have got their way as linesmen turn a blind eye, obviously not wanting to appear pedantic and get the crowd on their backs......so now the whole ball gets placed on the outside of the D...…….(and players like Ozil & Pepe still can't get it further than the 6 yard box).

I hope a team gets a goal disallowed from a corner because of it, annoys the hell out of me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Clummo2019

Post by Clummo2019 »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:48 pm
What is it with these prissy little footballers putting the ball outside of the D when taking corners? The linesmen used to stand there and regulate, move the ball back when necessary, but the corner taker would always have to have the final say by moving it so just a sliver of white chalk is touching the ball. Now the footballers, who presumably can't reach from inside the D, have got their way as linesmen turn a blind eye, obviously not wanting to appear pedantic and get the crowd on their backs......so now the whole ball gets placed on the outside of the D...…….(and players like Ozil & Pepe still can't get it further than the 6 yard box).

I hope a team gets a goal disallowed from a corner because of it, annoys the hell out of me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The whole of the ball has to be outside the line for it to be an illegal kick. Any fraction of the ball overhanging the line is legal. Surprised VAR hasn't got involved with that yet! :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

What about keepers drop kicking outside their area ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clummo2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:08 pm
xisstential wrote:

The whole of the ball has to be outside the line for it to be an illegal kick. Any fraction of the ball overhanging the line is legal. Surprised VAR hasn't got involved with that yet! :lol:
Yea I do know that, the reason I brought this up because in the past 2 weeks I've seen the whole ball outside the D.....in a number of different games (Ozil was one of the players) It just boils my piss for some reason. I remember when players first started doing it, the lino used to stand there policing it, no more because the little prima donna's always had to have the last say. Now the linesman just ignore it. I would love to see a goal disallowed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not that pissed at the whole ball out of the D at cornets thing tbh.

But what does irritate me is this pc generation snowflake PR advice some cùnt has given players about covering their mouths while talking to each other. WTAF? Really? Have they all got halitosis or something?

Is anyone really concerned about some fucking bored lip reader somewhere discovering that one rich moron told another rich moron that he has "just bought that latest pair of Nike boots init and then me bird got a vajazzle done init". :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:

How about throw in's ? I am involved in management of our local senior team and have 2 sons playing schoolboy football, and every week there are players pulled up about foul throws, but yet you watch pro football from any league and no c.unt seems to know how a thrown in is meant to be taken, and no linesman or referee bothers taking action on foul throws :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the mid season break that isn't :lol:
can someone please explain to me why there will only be 1 PL gameweek spread over 2 weekends in February , whilst there has been a whole programme of PL fixtures crammed into this week thus meaning that the FA Cup AGAIN becomes an afterthought for clubs :banghead: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 am
xisstential wrote:

How about throw in's ? I am involved in management of our local senior team and have 2 sons playing schoolboy football, and every week there are players pulled up about foul throws, but yet you watch pro football from any league and no c.unt seems to know how a thrown in is meant to be taken, and no linesman or referee bothers taking action on foul throws :roll:
Noticed that over the last couple of weeks as well. And when it happens you hear a low rumble in the crowd because they pick up on it, they know It's like the officials don't want to police what they now see as the little things. The little things which make up the rules of the game.

I wonder when the players are going to start moving the ball slightly forward off the penalty spot?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:29 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 am
xisstential wrote:

Noticed that over the last couple of weeks as well. And when it happens you hear a low rumble in the crowd because they pick up on it, they know It's like the officials don't want to police what they now see as the little things. The little things which make up the rules of the game.

I wonder when the players are going to start moving the ball slightly forward off the penalty spot?
I dont know but i reckon you can bet your bollocks LiVARpool will be the only ones not punished for it. :roll:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 am

But what does irritate me is this pc generation snowflake PR advice some cùnt has given players about covering their mouths while talking to each other. WTAF? Really? Have they all got halitosis or something?

Is anyone really concerned about some fucking bored lip reader somewhere discovering that one rich moron told another rich moron that he has "just bought that latest pair of Nike boots init and then me bird got a vajazzle done init". :roll:
Absolutely bang on! They think they are so self-important that we might see something they are saying. Even happens between foreign players so most of us wouldn’t know what they are saying anyway. Wankers, the lot of ‘em!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 am

Absolutely bang on! They think they are so self-important that we might see something they are saying. Even happens between foreign players so most of us wouldn’t know what they are saying anyway. Wankers, the lot of ‘em!
But, but, but surely it is important things like tactics they are discussing and it would give away all our secrets to the opposition if they didnt :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

This repetitive whinging (and yeah I am talking very much about Klopp but not only him) about too many games and needing a break makes me sick!

Here’s a little reminder: PLAYING FOOTBALL IS WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO !!!

How much more do modern coaches etc. want the game to bend so that it works even more in their favour? What they have now is incredible and they're still not satisfied

- Training facilities and fitness knowledge is the best they’ve ever had
- Pitches are like billiard tables not mud heaps
- Balls are lightweight and kits and boots are designed for comfort
- The top divisions have been reduced in size so that there are fewer league games
- There are bigger squads to play these fewer games.
- Travelling facilities by train, coach or even by plane for domestic fixtures are luxurious
- Teams that qualify for europe get a free pass into the next round off the league cup and replays have been scrapped
- FA Cup Replays ( one of the great traditions loved by the fans) have been slowly phased out of the latter rounds and soon all rounds.
- And we have numerous international breaks in a season

And here's a thing - if you don’t want all your team disappearing for international breaks, then don’t fill your team with internationals from all over the world. Play the home-grown English players you have produced …

Oh what’s that you say? They’re all shit? Well whose fault is that then? Don’t you have scouts? Don’t you have coaches? Are you not able to spot, harness and nurture your own talent from your own well-populated city with the millions pumped into your clubs? Can you not develop your own players instead of raiding other clubs who make the effort despite having far less resources? If not why not?

If playing professional football is such a chore, why don’t you all fuck off and do something else you over-privileged, gutless fuckers !!! You can rest all you want in your mansions and luxury villas when you've retired at 35 :roll:

Fans are paying extortionate and outrageous prices to feed your grotesque lifestyles. You remember the fans dont you? Give something back you ungrateful cunnts.

Often fans are paying upfront and travelling long distances home and abroad by their means. That means they have a right to see full strength teams that are competing to win every fucking game – not some fucking half-committed pros, a reserve team or a bunch of spotty kids!

How are these multi-millionaires in the game being pandered to like this? Why is it tolerated? Tell them to deal with it or fuck off and find another profession!

Seriously they make me sick! These wankers have been given far too much power and the game needs a serious reality check! :banghead:

(sorry for the rant - it wasnt meant to be that long :oops: )

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 pm
This repetitive whinging (and yeah I am talking very much about Klopp but not only him) about too many games and needing a break makes me sick!

How much more do modern coaches etc. want the game to bend so that it works even more in their favour? What they have now is incredible and they're still not satisfied

- The top divisions have been reduced in size so that there are fewer league games
- Travelling facilities by train, coach or even by plane for domestic fixtures are luxurious
- Teams that qualify for europe get a free pass into the next round off the league cup and replays have been scrapped
- FA Cup Replays ( one of the great traditions loved by the fans) have been slowly phased out of the latter rounds and soon all rounds.

And here's a thing - if you don’t want all your team disappearing for international breaks, then don’t fill your team with internationals from all over the world. Play the home-grown English players you have produced …

Oh what’s that you say? They’re all shit? Well whose fault is that then? Don’t you have scouts? Don’t you have coaches? Are you not able to spot, harness and nurture your own talent from your own well-populated city with the millions pumped into your clubs? Can you not develop your own players instead of raiding other clubs who make the effort despite having far less resources? If not why not?

If playing professional football is such a chore, why don’t you all fuck off and do something else you over-privileged, gutless fuckers !!! You can rest all you want in your mansions and luxury villas when you've retired at 35 :roll:

Fans are paying extortionate and outrageous prices to feed your grotesque lifestyles. You remember the fans dont you? Give something back you ungrateful cunnts.

Often fans are paying upfront and travelling long distances home and abroad by their means. That means they have a right to see full strength teams that are competing to win every fucking game – not some fucking half-committed pros, a reserve team or a bunch of spotty kids!

How are these multi-millionaires in the game being pandered to like this? Why is it tolerated? Tell them to deal with it or fuck off and find another profession!

Seriously they make me sick! These wankers have been given far too much power and the game needs a serious reality check! :banghead:

Christ mate, I'm knackered just reading that :lol: Hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.

I think you could have shortened it to Klopp's a moaning cu.nt and highly representative of a sport whose elite participants are a bunch of over pampered, piss-taking wan.kers :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Fantastic post mate. Agree with every single word. 8)