ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Rian1 »

Poking fun at them whilst our owner won't spend a penny more than he has to is ironic. Their owner is actually forward looking and is available to listen and splash £ (inb4 jobsworths start pointing out he is Iranian, oil money, Russian companies, fraud). They bought dodgy players and still doing so because of their incompetent Board members but the underlying problem that we have, they don't (spending, cash available window in window out).

Good for them, Richarlison is a good player and if Barca attempts to get him, the point is proven. Put Richarlison with half competent wingers/strikers and he will shine -- Everton will do just that after Ancelotti identifies the shit (Iwobi, Walcott, Sig, Kean) and the good (DCL, Gomes, Mina, Digne).

Not very wise for us to banter anyone when the state of our club is equally shit lads.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:20 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:24 pm
Not top quality I agree, but we need a right back and he is an international right back at a low cost

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... uthampton/
He's been described as being very solid defensively but not offering a great deal in attack. Very much in the Sagna mould which I'd be all for when you consider he's played in the PL and would only cost £5 million.
Agreed. As much as Mikel is trying to do Pep-esque stuff, we don't have the funds for the Mendy/Zinchenko/Walker type nor we have the ambition to go after these players. 5m and experienced PL player who is VERY decent is a yes from anyone with half a common sense.

He does the defence job perfectly fine and if he can whip some crosses and take on some opponents is all a bonus.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:38 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:16 am
Barca bid 80 million for Richarilson :shock:

GAME’S GONE MATE
BBC :

Everton have rejected an offer of 100m euros (£85m) from Barcelona for Brazil forward Richarlison,. (Sky Sports)
Everton remain adamant that Richarlison is not for sale and plan to build their team around the 22-year-old. (Liverpool Echo)

:shock:

What? Out of Fuckkin LEGO!??? :roll: :lol:
They have an ambitious billionaire owner
Yes, we know that, the owner of LEGO is a Zillionaire, I wish he would take over the ownership of Arsenal FC from the wig wearing cuntbag. :?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Great move by Arsenal give another PL team a few million quid for a player will be free in the summer.

Is this Arsenals level these days that Soares is considered a good signing. Of course the player has to join us injured, thats obligatory these days isnt it.

Not excited or inspired at all.

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am
Cannon wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:51 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:19 pm
Fuck me we are going spending crazy now....

Arsenal are closing in on a £5million deal for Southampton right-back Cedric Soares ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.
Perhaps someone at the club does have a brain after all - the injury prone converted winger will be out again soon enough with a twisted ponytail, leaving Maitland Niles to be an absolute walking disaster again. If this boy is capable of actually tackling and has half a defensive brain he'll be an upgrade!
AMN has actually been one of the best performers under arteta so im not sure what you've been watching.
WTAF?! :shock:

Sorry mate no he hasn't. He has been absolute rubbish. He can't take his oppo number on down the wing, he can't cross, he can't tackle, he pisses possession away cheaply, his positional sense is almost non existent, and his first touch is closer to pub footballer than it is to PL player.

He has gotten steadily worse over the last few months. Not sure what you've been watching but it ain't AM-N.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You on Drugs or sumfink mate? :D :wink:
I wish but nope. Maitland-Niles is total gash and has been for months.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Dries Mertens was offered to Arsenal but they turned the Belgium international down. They want young players. [@TimesSport]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc update: understand tonight Dani Ceballos has accepted he’ll spend remainder of season at Arsenal & highly unlikely to return to Spain. Arteta keen to keep him despite Ceballos not figuring recently & now needs to battle for his place. @TheAthleticUK https://t.co/joNUrBjweV

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Good for them, Richarlison is a good player and if Barca attempts to get him,
Barca bought Hleb. And Song.

Both for very large amounts at the time.

Barca buy the odd turkey, like all clubs.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Rian1 wrote:

Doesn't divert the fact that he is a very good player regardless. The fact that Barca wants him, proves a point that he is good - never said he is the next Pele.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Perhaps someone at the club does have a brain after all - the injury prone converted winger will be out again soon enough with a twisted ponytail, leaving Maitland Niles to be an absolute walking disaster again. If this boy is capable of actually tackling and has half a defensive brain he'll be an upgrade!
AMN has actually been one of the best performers under arteta so im not sure what you've been watching.

Sorry mate no he hasn't. He has been absolute rubbish. He can't take his oppo number on down the wing, he can't cross, he can't tackle, he pisses possession away cheaply, his positional sense is almost non existent, and his first touch is closer to pub footballer than it is to PL player.

He has gotten steadily worse over the last few months. Not sure what you've been watching but it ain't AM-N.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You on Drugs or sumfink mate? :D :wink:
I wish but nope. Maitland-Niles is total gash and has been for months.

That's what I mean, anyone who rates AMN MUST be on Drugs ..either that or they need to be. :? :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

GAME’S GONE MATE
BBC :

Everton have rejected an offer of 100m euros (£85m) from Barcelona for Brazil forward Richarlison,. (Sky Sports)
Everton remain adamant that Richarlison is not for sale and plan to build their team around the 22-year-old. (Liverpool Echo)

Yes, we know that, the owner of LEGO is a Zillionaire, I wish he would take over the ownership of Arsenal FC from the wig wearing cuntbag. :?
Interesting fact about Lego - they are the worlds number one producer of tyres

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Rian1 wrote:

Barca spunked away 140 million fucking quid on Coutinho the stupid c.unts. He’s now on loan at Bayern and complete shit and the victims used the cash to buy Van Dijk and Allison :banghead:

Everton are fucking brain dead to not bite their hands off for Richarlison. 85 million quid? He’s shite!’

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:03 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

GAME’S GONE MATE
BBC :

Interesting fact about Lego - they are the worlds number one producer of tyres
You and I have a different understanding of the meaning of "interesting"! :wink:

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Arsenal are closing in on a £5million deal for Southampton right-back Cedric Soares ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.

Sorry mate no he hasn't. He has been absolute rubbish. He can't take his oppo number on down the wing, he can't cross, he can't tackle, he pisses posession away cheaply, his positional sense is almost non existant, and his first touch is closer to pub footballer than it is to PL player.

did you read what i said? i said he's been one of our best performers since arteta came in.

he was garbage under emery but has been much better under mikel.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:59 am
Cannon wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Rinse your eyes out - he's a shit RB. In your imaginary world of the massive improvement, I'm sure he's the best RB in the world
i rinsed, you should try rinsing your mind of pre-conceived notions. things are slowly improving but if you're perennially unhappy and want to constantly moan then you won't see it.

i also notice you're nowhere to be seen in post match threads when we win but magically appear in post match threads when we lose. not coincidence me thinks.