ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:13 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Good for them, Richarlison is a good player and if Barca attempts to get him,
Barca bought Hleb. And Song.

Both for very large amounts at the time.

Barca buy the odd turkey, like all clubs.

Barca spunked away 140 million fucking quid on Coutinho the stupid c.unts. He’s now on loan at Bayern and complete shit and the victims used the cash to buy Van Dijk and Allison :banghead:

Everton are fucking brain dead to not bite their hands off for Richarlison. 85 million quid? He’s shite!’

Have to admit rodders, I don't agree with your assessment of richarlson - I agree he isn't one of the top players in the world but I do think that he is a very good player, and lining up alongside messi will give him loads of chances to impress. In my opinion the spotlight has always been on him at everton and he has been expected to carry that very average everton team on his back - look at the everton midfield and you will struggle to find one genuine quality creative player in there that can create for him, so he has done well considering what is around him. Tbh if I was given a chance to by him for £85m or Neymar for £100m+, then I would pick him every day of the week and twice on a sunday (partially cos I think Neymar is one of the most over-rated players EVER).

Btw, if we are talking about players that barca spunked away money on, how has no-one mentioned paulinho ? My jesus he must be one of the most average/shit players to come out of brazil this century and the spunked massive money on him :shock: :shock: :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Cannon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am
Cannon wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:51 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:19 pm
Fuck me we are going spending crazy now....

Arsenal are closing in on a £5million deal for Southampton right-back Cedric Soares ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.
Perhaps someone at the club does have a brain after all - the injury prone converted winger will be out again soon enough with a twisted ponytail, leaving Maitland Niles to be an absolute walking disaster again. If this boy is capable of actually tackling and has half a defensive brain he'll be an upgrade!
AMN has actually been one of the best performers under arteta so im not sure what you've been watching.
WTAF?! :shock:

Sorry mate no he hasn't. He has been absolute rubbish. He can't take his oppo number on down the wing, he can't cross, he can't tackle, he pisses posession away cheaply, his positional sense is almost non existant, and his first touch is closer to pub footballer than it is to PL player.

He has gotten steadily worse over the last few months. Not sure what you've been watching but it ain't AM-N.
did you read what i said? i said he's been one of our best performers since arteta came in.

he was garbage under emery but has been much better under mikel.
Oh I read it mate and I still disagree. I've seen improvement in a few areas and certainly in a few players under Arteta but AM-N is not one of them by any stretch of the imagination. That's not to say he won't get better but he has shown nothing so far under any manager to suggest he definitely will unfortunately.

Midz

Post by Midz »

What an old slapper!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I have to say that i am going to be fecking disappointed in Giroud if he ends up at the filth.

Due to the apalling way the thief treated him, i have no issue with him going to the chavs but going to the vermin is unacceptable.

:cussing:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:09 am
I have to say that i am going to be fecking disappointed in Giroud if he ends up at the filth.

Due to the apalling way the thief treated him, i have no issue with him going to the chavs but going to the vermin is unacceptable.

I don't get this love for giroud. Absolute average player who's goal drought cost us a title. Ozil leaving them on a plate and still managed to fuck them up. When he managed to finally put it in the net he cups his ears towards the support!

Also laughing at us last year while flying back from the EL final.

Fuck him

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Confirmed - Arsenal sign Cedric Soares on loan from Southampton.

Edu: “Cedric is a defender with good experience of the Premier League, and of course at international level. He is another strong addition to our defensive unit who will provide our squad with quality."

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 am
clockender1 wrote:

I don't get this love for giroud. Absolute average player who's goal drought cost us a title. Ozil leaving them on a plate and still managed to fuck them up. When he managed to finally put it in the net he cups his ears towards the support!

Fuck him

100% agree with you - the media are trying to hype up the situation saying that Gooners are up in arms over him joining the scum, but honestly I could not give 2 fcuks. He was an average player when he was with us, and I know that he will have a purple patch for a while, but that will pale into significance with many shite performances before and after them

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 am
clockender1 wrote:

Fuck him

100% agree with you - the media are trying to hype up the situation saying that Gooners are up in arms over him joining the scum, but honestly I could not give 2 fcuks. He was an average player when he was with us, and I know that he will have a purple patch for a while, but that will pale into significance with many shite performances before and after them
Have to say I wholeheartedly concur with both of you.Giroud was and is shite..i couldn't stand the fucker.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Cannon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:59 am
Cannon wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:51 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:19 pm
Fuck me we are going spending crazy now....

Arsenal are closing in on a £5million deal for Southampton right-back Cedric Soares ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.
Perhaps someone at the club does have a brain after all - the injury prone converted winger will be out again soon enough with a twisted ponytail, leaving Maitland Niles to be an absolute walking disaster again. If this boy is capable of actually tackling and has half a defensive brain he'll be an upgrade!
AMN has actually been one of the best performers under arteta so im not sure what you've been watching.
Rinse your eyes out - he's a shit RB. In your imaginary world of the massive improvement, I'm sure he's the best RB in the world
i rinsed, you should try rinsing your mind of pre-conceived notions. things are slowly improving but if you're perennially unhappy and want to constantly moan then you won't see it.

i also notice you're nowhere to be seen in post match threads when we win but magically appear in post match threads when we lose. not coincidence me thinks.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Interesting Tets statement about Soares -

"I’m very pleased, he’s a player we’ve been following. He fits our structure at the moment and the needs that we have in the squad. He knows the league, he has ben competing here so he doesn’t really need to adapt so I’m very pleased.

For me it clearly says we have no money to spend but desperately needed a defender so we looked at who was going to be dead cheap and available and he was it......and he's ok, with experience. Fair enough.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:43 pm

"I’m very pleased, he’s a player we’ve been following. He fits our structure at the moment and the needs that we have in the squad. He knows the league, he has ben competing here so he doesn’t really need to adapt so I’m very pleased.

For me it clearly says we have no money to spend but desperately needed a defender so we looked at who was going to be dead cheap and available and he was it......and he's ok, with experience. Fair enough.
Yep, two more loan signings, for three reasons - ozil, xhaka and mustafi.

Until we offload them in the summer, its make do and mend. Plus weve already bought saliba and quite likely are playing luiz a very hefty whack.

I liked Giroud, when we needed a big target man to hold up the play, or act as a lone striker he did the job well and scored some vital goals for us.

I think both him and pod would have been lethal together, but the thief boight them and never played pod.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He went 16 games without a goal when we needed him most and Leicester out bantered us to the league.

Fuck that prick :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:53 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:43 pm

Yep, two more loan signings, for three reasons - ozil, xhaka and mustafi.

Until we offload them in the summer, its make do and mend. Plus weve already bought saliba and quite likely are playing luiz a very hefty whack.

I liked Giroud, when we needed a big target man to hold up the play, or act as a lone striker he did the job well and scored some vital goals for us.

I think both him and pod would have been lethal together, but the thief boight them and never played pod.
Whilst certainly not a fan of Giroud the man I agree he had some good spells for us and he scored some absolute belters too although as a striker he was PL average at best.

But I too at the time wanted to see Giroud and Pod played together in a 2 because Giroud was a decent target man and Pod was one of the most clinical finishers we ever had. So of course Wenger stuck Pod out wide!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:13 pm
He went 16 games without a goal when we needed him most and Leicester out bantered us to the league.

Fuck that prick :banghead:
His drought cost Ozil Henry's record for assists which was a pity but as you say it also more importantly helped us fuck the league away. That and some comedy defending