Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

Post by SteveO 35 »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:43 pm
Headline: Mikel Arteta blames the grass after Arsenal’s draw against Burnley

LINK
https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/02/mikel-ar ... -12169613/

Dangote for 2022
Something he picked up from the Wenger era no doubt

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm
More tedious dross under Arteta - still I'm sure Cannon and co. will be along soon enough to tell me that I'm blind to the obvious improvement

25 minutes of looking good, 65 minutes of sterile shit to rival anything dished up under Wenger.

Poor decision making too - I know lets play a bloke who hasn't scored in 8 games, and has 1 goal in 20 PL away games and shove our leading scorer out wide......rendering both of them completely ineffective for the whole match. Leave Pepe on the bench and then bring Nketiah on with a whopping 1 minute left on the clock

Boring, slow paced, mediocre - still....at least he might break the record number of draws in a season

Loving the improvement - thank god we got rid of Dick....this is all so much better
Has Pepe fucked Artetas wife up the dirt box? what does he need to do to get at least 10 minutes,this is like le Fraud and podolski all over again
The big difference being that Pepe is absolutely shite!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Another decent point and this time with a clean sheet.

Remarkably only Liverpool have lost fewer games than us now in the league. We have become very hard to beat and that is a real positive from Arteta’s first month in charge.

Now for a 2 week break where Arteta can at last spend some time coaching this bunch of misfits into shape.

Then a good run of reasonable fixtures (next 3 league games are all at home). Combined with some straightforward cup matches and this is the opportunity to start putting some wins together.
A good chance of winning most of the next 10 I would say. It will be an interesting couple of months.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:12 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm
More tedious dross under Arteta - still I'm sure Cannon and co. will be along soon enough to tell me that I'm blind to the obvious improvement

25 minutes of looking good, 65 minutes of sterile shit to rival anything dished up under Wenger.

Poor decision making too - I know lets play a bloke who hasn't scored in 8 games, and has 1 goal in 20 PL away games and shove our leading scorer out wide......rendering both of them completely ineffective for the whole match. Leave Pepe on the bench and then bring Nketiah on with a whopping 1 minute left on the clock

Boring, slow paced, mediocre - still....at least he might break the record number of draws in a season

Loving the improvement - thank god we got rid of Dick....this is all so much better
Has Pepe fucked Artetas wife up the dirt box? what does he need to do to get at least 10 minutes,this is like le Fraud and podolski all over again
The big difference being that Pepe is absolutely shite!
He is a worse version of gervinho if that were even possible :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not really in Burnley’s best interests to water the pitch when their only tactic is ballooning it into the box and elbowing anything that moves while it’s in the air.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:19 pm
Another decent point and this time with a clean sheet.

Remarkably only Liverpool have lost fewer games than us now in the league. We have become very hard to beat and that is a real positive from Arteta’s first month in charge.

Now for a 2 week break where Arteta can at last spend some time coaching this bunch of misfits into shape.

Then a good run of reasonable fixtures (next 3 league games are all at home). Combined with some straightforward cup matches and this is the opportunity to start putting some wins together.
A good chance of winning most of the next 10 I would say. It will be an interesting couple of months.
he appears to have plugged the defence which is good news, now he needs to make it tick up top. having watched us be diabolical at the back for 10 years it's much welcome, build from the back and all that. and what's exciting is that the defensive transformation isn't over yet, in fact it's hardly even begun.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

2 mins 44 seconds of highlights / lowlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6gSH5ewbQ

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm
Not really in Burnley’s best interests to water the pitch when their only tactic is ballooning it into the box and elbowing anything that moves while it’s in the air.
Bunch of inbred knuckle dragging sister shagging cuntts. :evil: :box:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Seven points above the relegation zone, seven fucking points. Is there really any point in analysing the game. There's so many weaknesses in the team it would take a novel to cover them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Seven points above the relegation zone, seven fucking points. Is there really any point in analysing the game. There's so many weaknesses in the team it would take a novel to cover them.
And yet people think this owner can't get us relegated ???

A queue of more ambitious clubs in the Championship and lower half of the Prem lay in waiting to outspend and outsmart our wig wearing c.unt. Championship by 2023 and that's a promise

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Lacca no goals away for a year, Ozil without an assist away for 2 years!

These 2 need to be dropped immediately, complete passengers.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

A queue of more ambitious clubs in the Championship and lower half of the Prem lay in waiting to outspend and outsmart our wig wearing c.unt. Championship by 2023 and that's a promise
It’s very confusing at the moment.
They just had some guy on radio 5 606 who thinks Arsenal can win the league next season!

I think the biggest likelihood is that neither titles or relegation will happen for the foreseeable future.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

It’s very confusing at the moment.
They just had some guy on radio 5 606 who thinks Arsenal can win the league next season!

I think the biggest likelihood is that neither titles or relegation will happen for the foreseeable future.
If Kroenke stays the only title we will have a chance of is the Championship

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I would take a season in the Championship, if the prick got out. Might actually stand a chance of going to an away game.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I wonder how ticket sales will go next season?.

There used to be a time where an Arsenal game was the focus of my weekend (or day if midweek), now they barely register at all, I did watch the Bournemouth game in the FA cup and the previous game against Leeds, other than that I don't think I've bothered this season for league games or the 3rd rate Euro cup, I would say I was certainly a highly passionate/loyal fan for a long time, it definetly feels like I've fallen out of love now and I'm not sure how/if it will ever come back.

I am usually a stuck record on here saying Kroenke OUT etc. but recently I've not even bothered with that very much at I'm just resigned to the fact Arsenal are a non-entity now.

The club have been feeding off the back of Wenger's early successful years for about 15 years now and surely this must now be wearing very, very thin..