Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Burnley away Sunday 2PM Feb 2nd

Post by Ray C »

Pathetic. Lucky Arsenal. Nine more points for safety !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We still look ropey in defence but right now our biggest problem has become our serious lack of creativity and out of form strikers, if it were me i'd seriously consider dropping both Laca and PEA and play Eddie and Martinelli. I'd also seriously consider dropping Ozil for Ceballos because he cant be anywhere near as invisible.

I still get the feeling that Arteta being the weak young coach he is is being railroaded into playing Xhaka, Ozil, Mustafi and others just to try to entice buyers for them, as far as the hierarchy is concerned the season is most likely gone so they are stupidly thinking they can entice buyers to pay money for the three amigos if they are played enough :roll:

The question is, are we as fans willing to go into next season with a very young team with little experience and take the consequencies because that is the only way i can see Arteta having a chance to improve things, getting rid of the three above, PEA, Laca, Kolasinac, Luiz, and maybe even AMN, Bellarin and Sokratis?

The way i feel about most of these players is i'll be glad to see the back of them but i'm not sure most would countenance the changes being rung that are required :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Seven points above the relegation zone, seven fucking points. Is there really any point in analysing the game. There's so many weaknesses in the team it would take a novel to cover them.
And yet people think this owner can't get us relegated ???

A queue of more ambitious clubs in the Championship and lower half of the Prem lay in waiting to outspend and outsmart our wig wearing c.unt. Championship by 2023 and that's a promise
I would take a season in the Championship, if the prick got out. Might actually stand a chance of going to an away game.
Agreed - whatever it takes to get rid of the prick. The only way he'll go is when his investment is utterly fucked and dropping out of the PL is way more damaging than a couple of seasons out of the CL. Hopefully we'd get rid of half the cockwombles who go to the bowl too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:09 pm
We still look ropey in defence but right now our biggest problem has become our serious lack of creativity and out of form strikers, if it were me i'd seriously consider dropping both Laca and PEA and play Eddie and Martinelli. I'd also seriously consider dropping Ozil for Ceballos because he cant be anywhere near as invisible.

I still get the feeling that Arteta being the weak young coach he is is being railroaded into playing Xhaka, Ozil, Mustafi and others just to try to entice buyers for them, as far as the hierarchy is concerned the season is most likely gone so they are stupidly thinking they can entice buyers to pay money for the three amigos if they are played enough :roll:

The question is, are we as fans willing to go into next season with a very young team with little experience and take the consequencies because that is the only way i can see Arteta having a chance to improve things, getting rid of the three above, PEA, Laca, Kolasinac, Luiz, and maybe even AMN, Bellarin and Sokratis?

The way i feel about most of these players is i'll be glad to see the back of them but i'm not sure most would countenance the changes being rung that are required :rubchin:
I agree, and it isn't it funny how the experienced coach we had before had left those three out to rot and open to any takers. We will rue the day we didn't let this season run its course under Dick and complete the 2 year job of getting rid of some of these fucking useless, lily livered c.unts. We'd already packed off a few and those three were well on the way. Of course there was going to be a run of bad results under him - he knew which fuckwits needed to be got rid of and they didn't like it. Its a miracle what he did in the first season after a decade of dross, and Pep's Cone Man is a pup in training who won't get a better tune of this lot.

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

kroenke's LA rams stadium move was costed at £2bn but has gone up to £6bn apparently, was hoping he'd look into selling the club in order to fund that but doesn't look like it. we're his biggest cash cow and most profitable part of his portfolio (i believe), so why would he sell.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I agree, and it isn't it funny how the experienced coach we had before had left those three out to rot and open to any takers. We will rue the day we didn't let this season run its course under Dick and complete the 2 year job of getting rid of some of these fucking useless, lily livered c.unts. We'd already packed off a few and those three were well on the way. Of course there was going to be a run of bad results under him - he knew which fuckwits needed to be got rid of and they didn't like it. Its a miracle what he did in the first season after a decade of dross, and Pep's Cone Man is a pup in training who won't get a better tune of this lot.
The problem is SteveO even without those 3 we were still getting reamed because UE didn't understand pragmatism, too many times did he keep us attacking and therefore leave us wide open to counterattack which cost us and him dearly. Arteta has gone too far the other way, by trying to make us tighter as a unit he has created a massive gap in the midfield which we just dont have the players to close.

Nothing short of a complete rebuild of the team with players who can all play the way he wants will work but with the funds we are likely to get in the summer Arteta wont be able to implement whatever plan he has. I still think we need a middle ground Coach with PL experience and pragmatism but with this owner and the sycophants under him it is unlikely that will ever happen :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

The problem is SteveO even without those 3 we were still getting reamed because UE didn't understand pragmatism, too many times did he keep us attacking and therefore leave us wide open to counterattack which cost us and him dearly. Arteta has gone too far the other way, by trying to make us tighter as a unit he has created a massive gap in the midfield which we just dont have the players to close.

Nothing short of a complete rebuild of the team with players who can all play the way he wants will work but with the funds we are likely to get in the summer Arteta wont be able to implement whatever plan he has. I still think we need a middle ground Coach with PL experience and pragmatism but with this owner and the sycophants under him it is unlikely that will ever happen :rubchin:
That's the absolute truth mate and I said it at the time. Wenger and Kroenke took this club back a decade and we're the only club without a penny of owner investment, so I'd rather us stop pretending that we're going to emulate Man City, and get back to basics with a modern day George Graham. Our international snob fans wouldn't have us appointing a Wilder or a Dyche but they would get better results on a tuppence ha'penny budget than Pep's Cone Man. Nobody moaned about functional football under Graham after years of underachievement - it was only in the last 2 years when the trophies dried up that it became an issue. If Wilder can get a team who still have a hardcore of League One and Championship players having the second best defence in the league then why couldn't he do it with our money?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Money which apparently for whatever reason we don’t have. Without CL but with the overheads we have been living beyond our means .
Next season we will have to recut our suit ,so I believe the high earners will be culled and we can look forward to more journeymen aiming for returning to the Europa League.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:51 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Seven points above the relegation zone, seven fucking points. Is there really any point in analysing the game. There's so many weaknesses in the team it would take a novel to cover them.
And yet people think this owner can't get us relegated ???

A queue of more ambitious clubs in the Championship and lower half of the Prem lay in waiting to outspend and outsmart our wig wearing c.unt. Championship by 2023 and that's a promise
I would take a season in the Championship, if the prick got out. Might actually stand a chance of going to an away game.
Cos that worked out for Newcastle and getting rid of Ashley didn't it?
Go and sit with the home fans at an Arsenal away games if you're that desperate.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The draw today means it is now mathematically impossible to catch the leaders of the league. That has to be some sort of record for Arsenal.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

That was a bit like watching a turd going around a washing machine for 94 minutes.

Weve got no creative midfield central fulcrum apart from the fickle Ozil. Nullify our wingbacks and were numbnuts going forward.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 pm
The draw today means it is now mathematically impossible to catch the leaders of the league. That has to be some sort of record for Arsenal.
We're 42 behind the dippers with 13 games left so even with a win today we wouldn't have been able to mathematically catch the fuckers :oops: mathematically out of reach of the title by feb 1st :oops: fuck me :cry: Thank fuck we left Highbury for this eh :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Glad I didn't watch it .
Wont bother watching league games apart from the swamp dwellers.
Woll jump on any euro bandwagon though.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

interesting fact...

Out-of-sorts Arsenal have won just SIX Premier League games this season… the only time they had fewer victories at this stage was 1912-13, when they played in KENT and were relegated for the only time

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:05 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

That's the absolute truth mate and I said it at the time. Wenger and Kroenke took this club back a decade and we're the only club without a penny of owner investment, so I'd rather us stop pretending that we're going to emulate Man City, and get back to basics with a modern day George Graham. Our international snob fans wouldn't have us appointing a Wilder or a Dyche but they would get better results on a tuppence ha'penny budget than Pep's Cone Man. Nobody moaned about functional football under Graham after years of underachievement - it was only in the last 2 years when the trophies dried up that it became an issue. If Wilder can get a team who still have a hardcore of League One and Championship players having the second best defence in the league then why couldn't he do it with our money?
The chances are that he could do it.....the evidence is quite clear. What really pisses me off about the current regime is that with all our scouting network we are completely incapable of identifying any potential in the championship that we could buy. I was going to say mould but we need to buy the finished article as we are completely unable to advance the ability of any defender. In reality I doubt that we spend much time scouting defenders in this country at all as it's easier to bell an agent mate and see who the latest pile of shit seeking a transfer is. What a policy that is.