Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by clockender1 »

2-0 to us.

Two weeks rest and work by Tets.

Hopefully we will play a couple of closed door games and laca can get his confidence back a bit.

If not, I would start Martinelli and eddie with Auba.

We are not shipping many goals now, but we badly need a win, tho away draws at the chavs and burnley would have likely been losses in previous years.

Herd

Post by Herd »

You know what pisses me off about steve bruce ?
After all the money hes earned hes still too tight to get that nose fixed .
He broke it zi think whilst Captain at Gillingham.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm
Yeah he looks like Brenda Fricker the actress.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm
What pisses me off about him is his Dave O'Leary-Lite persona. The whole "I'm a nice guy and a true gent" thing stinks of false bullshit from both of them. :roll: :x

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:08 am
Similar here. The last 10 years of Wenger's reign, and the move to the Conglomerates Lego Bowl, and maybe even the change of crest, have all added up to make me feel more distant from the club, more disenfranchised.

I used to travel over for 10 to 12 home games and a couple of aways a season. Would also do a couple of European aways each year. Lived in London in 90-92 and went to every game in that 91 season. Spent thousands and thousands over a 30 year period travelling to games. Even have the Arsenal tattooed on both shoulders and my back.

A win used to make my week. A loss would put me in despair for days.

Maybe it's a getting older thing or the fact the game is not as enjoyable to watch anymore but now while I'm happy if we win I find I'm nowhere near as upset at a loss. I'm more just bored and sick of the tedium. Haven't been over at all this season and not sure I'll bother tbh.

Strangely even with all the success that Wenger's first decade brought us I still much more enjoyed the success under George. Maybe because I was young and free and had a good disposable income and went to a lot more games.

The one aberration to all that though was the 2014 FA Cup final. I was absolutely deliriously happy that day. 8) Probably the 9 year wait for a trophy. :wink:
Stopped going 2013 last game Soton at home and upon leaving the ground I knew it would be a long time if at all I would go again.

Like you enjoyed the Graham years as much as the first half of you know who,GG simply because as a kid becoming a young man I wondered if I would ever see us win the league,we did and maybe as I posted previously an age thing and speaking for myself have become more cynical with age and more so when it comes to Arsenal.

Like you delighted when we ended our drought,but looking back it was almost as much about shutting up the media and other teams fans banging on ad nauseam about it,

I was actually going to go last season Huddersfield at home as I was over in London but the ticket fell through.I wasn't bothered at all,more looking forward to spotting a few old faces,probably tells it's own story.

markyp

Post by markyp »

2-0 and onward and upward

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:08 am
Similar here. The last 10 years of Wenger's reign, and the move to the Conglomerates Lego Bowl, and maybe even the change of crest, have all added up to make me feel more distant from the club, more disenfranchised.

I used to travel over for 10 to 12 home games and a couple of aways a season. Would also do a couple of European aways each year. Lived in London in 90-92 and went to every game in that 91 season. Spent thousands and thousands over a 30 year period travelling to games. Even have the Arsenal tattooed on both shoulders and my back.

A win used to make my week. A loss would put me in despair for days.

Maybe it's a getting older thing or the fact the game is not as enjoyable to watch anymore but now while I'm happy if we win I find I'm nowhere near as upset at a loss. I'm more just bored and sick of the tedium. Haven't been over at all this season and not sure I'll bother tbh.

Strangely even with all the success that Wenger's first decade brought us I still much more enjoyed the success under George. Maybe because I was young and free and had a good disposable income and went to a lot more games.

The one aberration to all that though was the 2014 FA Cup final. I was absolutely deliriously happy that day. 8) Probably the 9 year wait for a trophy. :wink:
Agree with all of that but I'd add to the top paragraph that when the wig wearing c.unt became majority shareholder and appointed a bunch of fuckwits to run the club, I knew that the last bit of Arsenal had died forever. Whatever people thought about previous board members and shareholders there had always been an "Arsenal man" involved somewhere along the line - but now we have a prick who seeks his fortune from the property developments, TV rights and marketeers and couldn't give two fucks about who pays the £62+.....as long as someone does. If the owner of the club doesn't give a shit about the results on the pitch, but just those off it, then it hurts much less for me too when we lose games. Back in the day I think it used to hurt everyone - I wonder if Stan knows today whether we played Burnley at the weekend and what the score was.

Also the last few times I've stepped foot in the stadium, the atmosphere is awful and for at least half the tourist fans they are busy recording it on their phones or taking selfies, in the way an excitable teenager would do at a concert.

Awful owner, awful crowd, years of going backwards under a manager a decade past his sell by date. When all of that has been going on for years you just grow to accept it isn't changing anytime soon. In the early years of the bowl and pre-Stan I still cared. Now its hard to give a fuck

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Um, er. What a fucking weird lot they are. Either punching horses or getting the old Hampton out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... lebration/

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Um, er. What a fucking weird lot they are. Either punching horses or getting the old Hampton out.

Ffs :lol: that's fucking golden :shock: :oops: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hmm it's kind of like a penis.... only smaller.

:D :wink:

But also I'd imagine he got detention when he went into school the next morning. :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:12 am

But also I'd imagine he got detention when he went into school the next morning. :lol:
:lol: it's like a big clitted fanny :lol: :lol: its certainly not a kidney wiper that's for sure :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: it's like a big clitted fanny :lol: :lol: its certainly not a kidney wiper that's for sure :D
:lol:

He certainly ain't giving any bird the John Wayne Walk with it. :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:52 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Just picturing the geordie ringpiece getting lucky doon the big market :lol: Fat slag says " yi goddit in yet pet??" Ringpiece " fock me lass am neewrleee feenished like" :oops: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:52 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Just picturing the geordie ringpiece getting lucky doon the big market :lol: Fat slag says " yi goddit in yet pet??" Ringpiece " fock me lass am neewrleee feenished like" :oops: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Geordies. They're funny because they're northern. :lol: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

its when they start combining those two that you have to worry ! :shock: :D