Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Oh know I'm being paid £150k a week to play football a couple of times and go to training 3 or 4 half days......Its really a hard life and I feel sorry for the poor bastards and you lot are a bunch of ingrates who dont understand the PTSD these Men get from lifting their wallets :banghead:

I mean newly trained soldiers can go to war at 18 and get shot at and blown up on less than £20k a year, Nurses, Policemen and Firemen on 25k can face all sorts of traumatic incidents as soon as they finish training but those poor footballers might have to run up and down a bit once or twice extra over the course of a few weeks at Christmas :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:43 pm
Oh know I'm being paid £150k a week to play football a couple of times and go to training 3 or 4 half days......Its really a hard life and I feel sorry for the poor bastards and you lot are a bunch of ingrates who dont understand the PTSD these Men get from lifting their wallets :banghead:

I mean newly trained soldiers can go to war at 18 and get shot at and blown up on less than £20k a year, Nurses, Policemen and Firemen on 25k can face all sorts of traumatic incidents as soon as they finish training but those poor footballers might have to run up and down a bit once or twice extra over the course of a few weeks at Christmas :roll:
You make some valid points. Of course don't forget that our forces and emergency services all enjoy a nice long Christmas break too while our poor footy stars are working two or three times a week. Human slavery at it's extreme worst.

Clash

Post by Clash »

If anyone needs a brief antidote to modern football there is an old film on YouTube that was made for the centenary of the FA Cup in 1972.

Cup Glory - 1972 FA Cup Film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTllIpxSrI

As you'll know from the year, it doesn't have a happy ending :( But I still found it interesting to watch. There is some great footage and some Arsenal stuff that I have never seen before. I enjoyed the whole thing but if you don't want to watch it all then the Arsenal footage starts around 28:50.

Some of you here might even be in it if you were at Wembley in '72 :) :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:35 pm
If anyone needs a brief antidote to modern football there is an old film on YouTube that was made for the centenary of the FA Cup in 1972.

As you'll know from the year, it doesn't have a happy ending :( But I still found it interesting to watch. There is some great footage and some Arsenal stuff that I have never seen before. I enjoyed the whole thing but if you don't want to watch it all then the Arsenal footage starts around 28:50.

Some of you here might even be in it if you were at Wembley in '72 :) :barscarf:
Lads please don't spoil the ending for some of our new soccerball fans. :wink:

Also can someone explain to them what "before the premier league" means? I can't be fucked tbh. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:

Saw that film years ago..Well worth a watch...I had an ongoing argument for years with a Leeds fan that Allan Clarke put his hand on an Arsenal defender's shoulder to gain leverage to score the goal. He didn't and I knew he didn't and the Leeds fan knew he didn't but I wouldn't give in..
That was probably one of the most significant days in making me an Arsenal supporter. I felt so sorry for the Arsenal players after the game that it cemented my support for them.I loved the majesty of the red (gray on our TV) shirts and white sleeves. So as an eight year old I was hooked and as I got older it was the history and class of the club that attracted me.
I was hooked on Arsenal because they lost a Cup Final..I prepared well for a lifetime of pain.. I had an article about how I started supporting the club published in the matchday programme some years ago. The article is now on the wall in a frame with my first ever Arsenal scarf..a 1970s red silk one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:43 pm
Clash wrote:

Saw that film years ago..Well worth a watch...I had an ongoing argument for years with a Leeds fan that Allan Clarke put his hand on an Arsenal defender's shoulder to gain leverage to score the goal. He didn't and I knew he didn't and the Leeds fan knew he didn't but I wouldn't give in..
That was probably one of the most significant days in making me an Arsenal supporter. I felt so sorry for the Arsenal players after the game that it cemented my support for them.I loved the majesty of the red (gray on our TV) shirts and white sleeves. So as an eight year old I was hooked and as I got older it was the history and class of the club that attracted me.
I was hooked on Arsenal because they lost a Cup Final..I prepared well for a lifetime of pain.. I had an article about how I started supporting the club published in the matchday programme some years ago. The article is now on the wall in a frame with my first ever Arsenal scarf..a 1970s red silk one.
Nice. 8)

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Many modern footballers make me puke, including some of our own players, with their ridiculous laughable hairstyles (PEA, Guenmoptop, etc), bellend hairstyles, over-tattoed (Laca had his thighs tattooed, the twat), socks rolled up over their knees utter TWATS.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

And I fucken hate players with twat knots, like the Burnley muppet that couldn't convert from 6 yards on Sunday.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Players with socks pulled up over the knees

Subs on the bench wearing snoods, even in mild weather

Players pointing to the heavans when they score or crossing themselves when entering the pitch

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:

Yes i was there Clash :D

Wembley was a great day out :D

Preferred the previous years outcome though

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:21 am

Players pointing to the heavans when they score or crossing themselves when entering the pitch
And those wankyCUNTS who wear their socks half-way down their shins as if they are 'Tough'...Like that diving, cheating, moaning mincing arsebandit of a VADGE Grealish. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:

And those wankyCUNTS who wear their socks half-way down their shins as if they are 'Tough'...Like that diving, cheating, moaning mincing arsebandit of a VADGE Grealish. :banghead:
George best used to do that...but he was brave in the era of chopper harris and the like....trouble is they could never get near him :D

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

What the f is up with Agueros midget socks? Its like theyre deliberately designed to only go halfway up his short calves with a peek of his shin pads. Twat!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:43 pm
Clash wrote:

Nice story BWK and I’d lik to read that article of yours on here sometime if you get the chance to post it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:25 am
Clash wrote:

Yes i was there Clash :D

Wembley was a great day out :D

Preferred the previous years outcome though
Nice one mate. The 25 year period from the mid 60s was the best era for football in my opinion. Something must have happened in the early 90s to change that but I can’t think what :rubchin:

And yeah our club has an unfortunate record of losing cup finals when we were the holders and I think ‘72 was the first of those times.
(although we have managed to buck that trend and retain the FA cup twice in the last 20 years) :barscarf:
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

George best used to do that...but he was brave in the era of chopper harris and the like....trouble is they could never get near him :D
Just like Bergkamp, George Best could be a dirty fucker too - there was a BT documentary about Crystal Palace’s ‘’team of the 80s’’ on recently and one of their players got his leg broken by Best. No complaints, recriminations or bitterness though.