ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Now January window is over. Looking ahead to summer window the players that will probably leave Aubameyang, Bellerin, Torreira, Leno, Lacazette, Mustafi, Ozil. Sokratis and possibly Luiz. Not forgetting Mhkitareyan.
Given their age and the unlikelihood of us reaching champions league football it wouldn't surprise me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:54 pm
Now January window is over. Looking ahead to summer window the players that will probably leave Aubameyang, Bellerin, Torreira, Leno, Lacazette, Mustafi, Ozil. Sokratis and possibly Luiz. Not forgetting Mhkitareyan.
Given their age and the unlikelihood of us reaching champions league football it wouldn't surprise me.
There is absolutely zero chance of that many players going mate. Our "financial model" :roll: means at best maybe 4 or 5 will go and maybe 2 or 3 permanent players will come in plus a couple of loanees.

For me the priority is getting rid of Xhakatard Mustafalaugh and Ozil. Priority signings are a creator, a couple of CH's, and (depending if Torreira goes) a DM.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We’re being linked to Feyenoords young Turkish midfielder - Cockchew or something like that, will suit some of our fans! :gayflag: :gayflag: :gayflag:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail say Arsenal will aim to conclude early transfer business this summer amid concerns they could be priced out of the market during Euro 2020. Arteta's side are prioritising a box-to-box midfielder, a central defender & a creative central midfielder. https://t.co/9uOQbO1Nsv

Feyenoord midfielder Orkun Kokcu is among the players #Arsenal are monitoring. And work has already started behind the scenes on trying to strike early deals for their targets. https://t.co/sZsBRiZQXg

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Nos89 wrote:
Although I'd agree all would leave in an ideal scenario but can't see Sokratis, Luiz and Leno leaving unless we buy like-for-like replacements that will immediately bench them.

Wouldn't surprise me if I see Auba and Laca both leaving - both at some point in the season showed, rightly so, that they are tired of this shit they are in and I expect to join not only a CL but a contender club and will be more than happy for them. We are, week in and week out wasting their capabilities in one way or another.

Torreira - has been linked with a move back to Serie A and would be an ideal suit for Juve as Can joined Dortmund and Rabiot might leave for Roma/Milan leaving only Bentankour (LT's holding DM compatriot) to cover that role.

Bellering is a tricky one - doesn't seem like he would leave in a scenario where he has 'grown up' up with us and is the VC of the team but at the same time with no clear ambition apart from rebuilding it is hard to retain good quality players. He might be pull a Trippier and join La Liga or could even join Bayern as Martinez is leaving, Kimmich can push up in DM where he is quite good leaving his role for Hec to fill up.

Xhaka would ideally join Hertha in the summer so he's out of the picture unless he has Arteta's sex tape.

Ozil - my desire to be his advocate has been seen quite a lot throughout the forum but.. even I am adamant at this now. We need Buendia or Grealish to come in during the summer and I doubt Oz will play out of the bench so better for him to join another team. If Coutinho's loan doesn't become permanent, if I was Bayern, I'd take a punt with him because the league is slower and more forgiving with spacing - Ozil would be given time on the ball and he is, albeit his age, still a masterclass with distribution.

Mustafi and Mikhi = instant shippping out - I'd take 5m for each or even a fiver and a few footballs.

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Although I'd agree all would leave in an ideal scenario but can't see Sokratis, Luiz and Leno leaving unless we buy like-for-like replacements that will immediately bench them.

Wouldn't surprise me if I see Auba and Laca both leaving - both at some point in the season showed, rightly so, that they are tired of this shit they are in and I expect to join not only a CL but a contender club and will be more than happy for them. We are, week in and week out wasting their capabilities in one way or another.

Torreira - has been linked with a move back to Serie A and would be an ideal suit for Juve as Can joined Dortmund and Rabiot might leave for Roma/Milan leaving only Bentankour (LT's holding DM compatriot) to cover that role.

Bellering is a tricky one - doesn't seem like he would leave in a scenario where he has 'grown up' up with us and is the VC of the team but at the same time with no clear ambition apart from rebuilding it is hard to retain good quality players. He might be pull a Trippier and join La Liga or could even join Bayern as Martinez is leaving, Kimmich can push up in DM where he is quite good leaving his role for Hec to fill up.

Xhaka would ideally join Hertha in the summer so he's out of the picture unless he has Arteta's sex tape.

Ozil - my desire to be his advocate has been seen quite a lot throughout the forum but.. even I am adamant at this now. We need Buendia or Grealish to come in during the summer and I doubt Oz will play out of the bench so better for him to join another team. If Coutinho's loan doesn't become permanent, if I was Bayern, I'd take a punt with him because the league is slower and more forgiving with spacing - Ozil would be given time on the ball and he is, albeit his age, still a masterclass with distribution.

Mustafi and Mikhi = instant shippping out - I'd take 5m for each or even a fiver and a few footballs.

You think any german club would consider signing ozil after the fuss of the last 2 years ? In their eyes he is now 100% Turkish and their would be a fans mutiny in whatever club attempted to sign him

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rian1 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

you need to be a bit more realistic I think - it would millions to place all that lot, and we have an owner that hasnt put a penny in remember ?
we might get rid of a couple, maybe 3 but complete overhaul of the team is just not going to happen - if we did ship all this lot out then their replacements would be inferior.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:37 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You think any german club would consider signing ozil after the fuss of the last 2 years ? In their eyes he is now 100% Turkish and their would be a fans mutiny in whatever club attempted to sign him
He has always been 100% Turkish because that's his ethnicity. We all think they'll kick a fuss when that is not the case - I spoke to Hertha fans during my holidays when I watched Hertha v Dortmund and they are pissed but never the type that will cause an outrage if he went to Germany or played football there. 39 Steps (his restaurant) always has German people visiting and in off occasions that he is there he is always cool with them.

My comment about Bayern was really far-fetched of course; just a thought put out there but he will probably join Fenerbache/Besiktas or MLS.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:29 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

you need to be a bit more realistic I think - it would millions to place all that lot, and we have an owner that hasnt put a penny in remember ?
we might get rid of a couple, maybe 3 but complete overhaul of the team is just not going to happen - if we did ship all this lot out then their replacements would be inferior.
My first sentence literally says it is a very unlikely scenario.

The options I laid down was a 'worst case' scenario of who is going where. Bellerin, Leno, Torreira, Sokratis and Luiz are probably not going anywhere. Unless we pull money out of somewhere one of the two strikers are going, Xhaka will go Hertha in the summer and it's probably a mission for Arteta to get rid of Mikhi and Mustafi.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Although I hope Xhaka goes, Arteta seems to be a big fan of his and may well keep him as part of the team.
Fingers crossed he fucks off in the summer along with as much of the dross as poss.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC: Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is planning a major overhaul of his squad, with Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, France forward Alexandre Lacazette, 28 and former Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, all expected to be up for sale.

In some ways this kind of makes sense, in that Arteta knows he isn't going to get the kind of financial backing he would ideally like, also he has been giving some of the youngsters plenty of playing time perhaps as he has his eyes set on the future (2 - 3 seasons away)

So if he can off-load Ozil and sell Auba & Laca for a decent amount whilst the latter two have value before they get too old, he can use that money to bring in younger players whilst also accommodating the emerging youngsters/academy players.

"Believe in Arteta" :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:29 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

A complete squad overhaul is exactly what is needed. There is no getting away from that. Without the rose tinted glasses on when Graham overhauled the squad he did it on the cheap with lesser players that the international players he shifted out. Was Dixon better than Viv Anderson?, Winterburn better than Sansom? Groves better than Woodcock? Smith better than Nicholas? Marwood better than Rix? no they weren't. They were lower league players taking over from established international players. Add a few quality youngsters from the youth/ academy set-up and then you have a title winning team. It has happened throughout football history. Ambramivich changed it all by buying a title winning squad. However, things are swinging back to the organic affordable way things have been done for years.
Look at it this way. We have players coming through that remind me of those that came through from the youth set up in '82-'87. We're just missing the two CB's Adams and Keown. Smith-rowe, Willock, Nelson, AMN, Nkeitiah and Saka may not be the best of the best but put them together with quality additions they'll make a great team that will look after each other. Add Martinelli, Mari, Saliba, Tierney, and Bellerin just leaves us looking for a decent keeper. The french lad on loan at leeds who playe against us in the cup looks like he'll be a top quality keeper.

augie

Post by augie »

I see that there are a few papers now linking us to Lallana whose contract expires in the summer :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

I laugh cos I assume that it is b.ullshit, but if it is true :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:46 am
I see that there are a few papers now linking us to Lallana whose contract expires in the summer :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

I laugh cos I assume that it is b.ullshit, but if it is true :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What a perfect Kroenke signing - free, not good enough for a rival club, and likely to play about 3 games a year before keeping the physio and doctors company for the remainder of the season

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

People need to remember we're not only 'skint' but also mid table now, for those intimating it is unlikely we'd lose so many of our best players as posted above, exactly what is going to keep them here if they are determined to go.....Arteta? The Clubs famous name? Prospect of getting in ECL? Buying improved players around them? Honouring their contracts?

Reality may actually begin to bite this summer and open more eyes to exactly how bad things have become at the club in the last 5 years. A complete reboot may be what is needed but will it be successful under Kroenke? Fucking unlikely! A reboot without major investment is likely to see us remain midtable at best for the foreseeable future because as has been seen money mostly rules these days.

In my opinion the idea that you can build a competitive team to challenge for the league and ECL from youngsters or Championship level players is a naive pipedream, even Leicester had a few semi decent players when they did it, and they benefited hugely from the top teams including us having a woeful season, if any of the richer teams had got their shit together they would never have won it.

Kroenke has killed any chance of the Arsenal rising back to the top any time soon because whilst other teams are investing trying to move forward we are treading water to save money under him and that will never change. I'd go so far as to say any money raised in the summer from player sales will not all be reinvested into the squad but will be set aside to mitigate the losses we've sustained through the loss of ECL football over the last few seasons, that is the reality of the self sustaining model which our club loves :cussing: