Warm weather training or holiday?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Warm weather training or holiday?

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.instagram.com/granitxhaka/?hl=en

Winds me up when I see stuff like this, xhaka one of the culprits for our poor form this season, the worst in over 25 years has no shame in posting pics of him and his family in dubai over anything training related.

Quite frankly I don't want to see this, footballers moan about the stick they get on social media but they bring it on themselves.

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Warm weather training or holiday?

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bring in a winter break because the players claim they're too tired then go to the Middle East or Mediterranean to train as usual and play practice matches. Fuck off.

augie

Post by augie »

Is he with the squad ? I know there was talking of the club bringing all the players and their families on this mid season break, and if so I am ok with this. If the rest of the squad is together and he has fcuked off with the family, then that is a different story altogether and I would be pissed off over it too. People have defended arteta in recent weeks claiming that he doesn't get enough time between games to push his plans and workings effectively on to the squad, and if this is what this break is used for then shouldn't we be happy with it ? We can argue (with some justification) that a lot of our players don't deserve a sunshine break, but the reality is that the break is there now and the club needs to make the most of it

Tbh I would be more inclined to ask questions of the clubs that didn't go away for a sunshine break - the clubs and the players argued for this mid-season break to recharge batteries and protect the players, so to stay at home doing the same mundane things that they do every other day, makes no sense to me.

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:53 am
Is he with the squad ? I know there was talking of the club bringing all the players and their families on this mid season break, and if so I am ok with this. If the rest of the squad is together and he has fcuked off with the family, then that is a different story altogether and I would be pissed off over it too. People have defended arteta in recent weeks claiming that he doesn't get enough time between games to push his plans and workings effectively on to the squad, and if this is what this break is used for then shouldn't we be happy with it ? We can argue (with some justification) that a lot of our players don't deserve a sunshine break, but the reality is that the break is there now and the club needs to make the most of it

Tbh I would be more inclined to ask questions of the clubs that didn't go away for a sunshine break - the clubs and the players argued for this mid-season break to recharge batteries and protect the players, so to stay at home doing the same mundane things that they do every other day, makes no sense to me.
I got the impression he is doing his own thing with family and turning up for training. Regardless this isn't even a winter break in the season, if he wants to go on holiday hes got the whole fucking summer. Edit, ive just seen it is a winter break, pretty weird staggering it over two weekends. Regardless after the season we've had some of the players could actually show a bit of restraint when its the fans that allow them to have that lifestyle who have been suffering. If he wants family time ok, just don't plaster it over social media.

herbert

Post by herbert »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 am

Winds me up when I see stuff like this, xhaka one of the culprits for our poor form this season, the worst in over 25 years has no shame in posting pics of him and his family in dubai over anything training related.

Quite frankly I don't want to see this, footballers moan about the stick they get on social media but they bring it on themselves.
Fkin hell mate :shock: Why Xhaka? there are loads of social media shots of players with family and friends in Dubai

If a few photos on instagram of him spending some quality time with his wife and 4 month old daughter upsets you enough to start a thread about it then I would suggest you unfollow him on instagram :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs-OklCbsc

in Dubai.

Fuck wish my manager would take us for a winter break. :?

nut flush gooner

herbert wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:34 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Fkin hell mate :shock: Why Xhaka? there are loads of social media shots of players with family and friends in Dubai

If a few photos on instagram of him spending some quality time with his wife and 4 month old daughter upsets you enough to start a thread about it then I would suggest you unfollow him on instagram :lol:

I'm not following him? Why would I follow an utter piece of shit of a player like Xhaka?

The pic was doing the rounds, so I thought I would check the other players insta accounts. No one else is making it out to be a holiday over training, like he is. Look at the title.

There's nothing wrong with spending quality time with family, but why not have a private account that only his close family/friends can see. As I said players can't have it both ways. I am not into indulging overpaid footballers.

If the team were vying for a top 4 place rather than languishing in midfield, Arsenal fans might not get soo annoyed after all that has happened this season. And I am not the only one.

herbert

Post by herbert »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:57 pm
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I'm not following him? Why would I follow an utter piece of shit of a player like Xhaka?

The pic was doing the rounds, so I thought I would check the other players insta accounts. No one else is making it out to be a holiday over training, like he is. Look at the title.

There's nothing wrong with spending quality time with family, but why not have a private account that only his close family/friends can see. As I said players can't have it both ways. I am not into indulging overpaid footballers.

If the team were vying for a top 4 place rather than languishing in midfield, Arsenal fans might not get soo annoyed after all that has happened this season. And I am not the only one.

Also making it look like a holiday

AUbamayang travelling to Dubai on a private jet,Torreria sunbathing on the beach,Luiz with a tiger a dolphin and flyboarding and Pepe with about 8 of his family? sitting on a white rolls royce

The answer to your thread title is both because Arteta gave the players permission to go to Dubai early and spend a few days with family before the training camp started

nut flush gooner

herbert wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:38 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

AUbamayang travelling to Dubai on a private jet,Torreria sunbathing on the beach,Luiz with a tiger a dolphin and flyboarding and Pepe with about 8 of his family? sitting on a white rolls royce

The answer to your thread title is both because Arteta gave the players permission to go to Dubai early and spend a few days with family before the training camp started
So perhaps they should have private accounts too? It doesn't deflect from the distance footballers are from the fans, and the bubbles that some of them live in. Xhaka in particular was vitriolic on Instagram after he was withdrawn from the Arsenal squad a few months back.

Then he wants us to love his holiday snaps, fuck off.

herbert

Post by herbert »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:08 pm
herbert wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:38 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

So perhaps they should have private accounts too? It doesn't deflect from the distance footballers are from the fans, and the bubbles that some of them live in. Xhaka in particular was vitriolic on Instagram after he was withdrawn from the Arsenal squad a few months back.

Then he wants us to love his holiday snaps, fuck off.
:lol:
Just dont look :shock: I did I followed your link and ended up liking one :oops: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tbh couldn't care less about them having a break, whilst they were having about 4 games in 8 days over Christmas i managed to have myself what was effectively a 9 day holiday at home with my family, and yes we took photos on Christmas day and yes my wife posted them to her social media so it would be hypocritical of me to criticise them.

If it irks some of you that they have time off even though they're not playing well it speaks more about you than them, they may be rich footballers but they are still entitled to spend time with their families and enjoy it when given the opportunity, at least in my eyes, i guess if you all arent doing particularly well at work those of you making a big deal of this obviously go in and do unpaid overtime to make it right, i know i do :roll:

When they come back and don't play any better or give us better results then we can maybe criticise :rubchin:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Double post
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm
Tbh couldn't care less about them having a break, whilst they were having about 4 games in 8 days over Christmas i managed to have myself what was effectively a 9 day holiday at home with my family, and yes we took photos on Christmas day and yes my wife posted them to her social media so it would be hypocritical of me to criticise them.

If it irks some of you that they have time off even though they're not playing well it speaks more about you than them, they may be rich footballers but they are still entitled to spend time with their families and enjoy it when given the opportunity, at least in my eyes, i guess if you all arent doing particularly well at work those of you making a big deal of this obviously go in and do unpaid overtime to make it right, i know i do :roll:

When they come back and don't play any better or give us better results then we can maybe criticise :rubchin:
Everyone else has had a break, so it's not like we are securing an advantage.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Jeez Muzz I had no idea you are on between £100K and £350K a week. :shock: :lol:

Whilst I too don't really care what they do in their spare time it winds me up no end when people do what you just did and try compare being a PL foobler with having a regular job! :box: :wink:

There is simply no comparison mate. They live a hugely privileged life being paid a fortune for playing a hobby and all without the constant financial worry that most regular workers have.

I'm not saying they don't work hard to get to that level or that they don't sacrifice a lot of family time throughout the season but they are absolutely well and truly compensated for that. Especially modern players who now mostly retire set up for life.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:22 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Jeez Muzz I had no idea you are on between £100K and £350K a week. :shock: :lol:

Whilst I too don't really care what they do in their spare time it winds me up no end when people do what you just did and try compare being a PL foobler with having a regular job! :box: :wink:

There is simply no comparison mate. They live a hugely privileged life being paid a fortune for playing a hobby and all without the constant financial worry that most regular workers have.

I'm not saying they don't work hard to get to that level or that they don't sacrifice a lot of family time throughout the season but they are absolutely well and truly compensated for that. Especially modern players who now mostly retire set up for life.
Some of the lazy Fuckkers even retire BEFORE they've finished playing. :?