Players on loan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
corkbarry

Players on loan

Post by corkbarry »

Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?

augie

Re: Players on loan

Post by augie »

corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?

And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm
corkbarry wrote:

And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?
At 21,if he is nowhere near the squad for even league cup matches then he has no future here.
Maybe he is just seeing out the season to get matches before he is released in the summer ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Reports from Huddersfield are that Smith Rowe has had two decent games.

At least they are starting him unlike Leeds with Eddie. I have no sympathy for them in their recent collapse, they had a striker that could have helped them push away from the pack but instead they relied on Bamford who will never be a goalscorer.

Good idea for a loan thread.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
corkbarry wrote:

At 21,if he is nowhere near the squad for even league cup matches then he has no future here.
Maybe he is just seeing out the season to get matches before he is released in the summer ?
I read that he is a regular on the under 23 team so he must be decent. Cork City would be delighted to take Mustafi and Ozil :D

augie

Post by augie »

corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:07 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
corkbarry wrote:

I read that he is a regular on the under 23 team so he must be decent. Cork City would be delighted to take Mustafi and Ozil :D

Seeing as they lost at home tonight, I don't think ozil and mustafi are the right type of characters needed to turn around a losing streak :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When a player goes out on loan, they go there not just to play and sometimes remove a small amount from the wages bill, they also have to report back on any up and coming talent, and any new systems : tactics, coaching , systems etc that a club may be using or trying out.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm
When a player goes out on loan, they go there not just to play and sometimes remove a small amount from the wages bill, they also have to report back on any up and coming talent, and any new systems : tactics, coaching , systems etc that a club may be using or trying out.
Well in that case our outgoing loanees have been failing the club badly for the last 10 years :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! Much like the manager who stayed 10 years past his sell-by-date. :?