Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

3-0 win. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Re: Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Theo to score a hatri… uhhmmm hold on :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Okay make it 3 - 1 and you're on :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Iwobi to carry an invisible handbag

And Ancelloti to look like a Mafia Capitano on the touch-line....The Dozer NOT to play - He might if he gets a hair cut

Saka to tear their right back a new one

Aaaaaaaaaaaand :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Ohh! Yeah Auba, Laca and Martinelli to score :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

#FUCKOFF YOOO SCOUSERS!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

If he takes Everton lightly like he took Newcastle lightly & play like we did in the first half we will lose, Carlo is not Bruce & Everton's strikers wont be as crap as Newcastle's.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 am
If he takes Everton lightly like he took Newcastle lightly & play like we did in the first half we will lose, Carlo is not Bruce & Everton's strikers wont be as crap as Newcastle's.
:rubchin: . :rubchin: . :rubchin:

I dunno Big "G" but something tells me you are Not in a good mood. :? :|

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I'm not, I can just feel Baby Wenger vibes about Arteta. :banghead: :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Maybe that's because he is one of Wenger babies? :lol:

I'm all for giving Arteta more time but when Wenger left I wanted a clean break from everything and everyone he had influenced and we do not have that with Arteta.

But if he can take the good things and ignore things Wenger got wrong it could work out. The fact that we are looking (a little bit) more solid at the back gives me a glimmer of hope but who knows at the moment ....

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I was all for getting fully onboard tbh, wont lie, did not want him as think hes too big a risk given the state of the club but hoped he would be a breath of fresh air, his team selections has sucked the enthusiasm out of me.

He's relying on Wengers frauds for the core of his team, I'm not sure the result will be different to what Wenger, Emery & Freddie had to deal with, I'm also not convinced that we are harder to beat either, other than United & Chelsea (who are no better than us) we've played teams you wouldnt expect to be beating us so it's too quick to judge that for me, hope I'm wrong but just feel hes just going to be a younger version, him making excuses for Ozil before the weekend was a massive warning sign.

Anyway, we'll see but like you, I wanted a clean break from everything to do with Wenger, feels like hes still here in one way or another.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We must take this game seriously.

Wait a minute...they have Iwobi & Walcot. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!! :D :D

markyp

Post by markyp »

I think this will be our biggest test so far ,of course if we win certain people will say 'its only Everton' and 'but artetas only won 3 games out of 10' totally ignoring the fact that since Ancelotti took over everton have amassed the second most points only second to liverpool,just like the newcastle match where they were on an impressive run and had beaten chelsea,spurs and utd but hey it was only Newcastle. Tough match this,need to hit the ground running,think everton may be snoozing after their winter break si need to hit them hard early ,2-1 to the arsenal

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Everton take as much working out as we do these days - somehow it doesn't look too bad on paper with sprinklings of genuine talent like Richarlison, Sigurdsson and Digne, a couple of good young uns like Calvert Lewin, Davis etc......but it rarely seems to all hang together for 90 minutes.

Of course, they've now got a decent manager instead of an imposter like Marco Silva and he has managed to get them better organised and performing reasonably well (barring that limpdick FA Cup surrender to the Victims)

I'll be forever grateful to them for the c. £50m for Wally and Iwobi and hope to god both of them start at the weekend

Probably another 1-1 draw but hoping for more of the second half vs Newcastle than the first.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:29 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Maybe that's because he is one of Wenger babies? :lol:

I'm all for giving Arteta more time but when Wenger left I wanted a clean break from everything and everyone he had influenced and we do not have that with Arteta.

But if he can take the good things and ignore things Wenger got wrong it could work out. The fact that we are looking (a little bit) more solid at the back gives me a glimmer of hope but who knows at the moment ....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

YO! Clash mate spill the beans - and I don't mean in a Rodders spills his in his cacks kinda way...

You mean the Old Fool actually spunked him into life or you mean he signed him? :?

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
:?

:rubchin:

Naaah! Mate, it's okay I think Arteta (aka King Tets! :wink: ) Has moore about him than wenger did at his age...

Nothing we/you/anyone can do about it anyway..So sit back and go with the flow...Yes, that could be like Colorado Rapids at high tide..Orr after a period of tootling about in a make-shift canoe - He could glide us to Glory far from the Iceberg that will sink Maureen and those cuntbags up the road :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Or as my dear old uncle Alf (Once ground keeper at Highbury btw Oooooh! :D :barscarf: ) would say
"Fink luckaay aaand youuu'll bee luckaay " :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I think this is a super massive game for us - a chance to jump past a team above us, a gauge of how far we've improved, and hopefully keep the win streak going.

Everton are a hit and miss, but we have to win.

I think 2-1 . Im not sure why, but i have a feeling he might start Martinelli this one, due to his pace and directness.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Put it this way.. If we were still under Emery we WOULD "LOSE"..Now I have hope :|

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'll echo what everyone else has said, this is a really important game and will give us a better indicator of where we're going. We cant afford a first half like Newcastle but I'd be happy with a second half like that.

Tough call but I'm going a bit more positive than most, 2-0 would really like another clean sheet :barscarf: