Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Toffees (H) 23/02 @ 16:30

Post by markyp »

Shit performance against a dog shit team,lucky weve got leno as wed have been seen off,no improvement at all under arteta, everybody's seeing what they want to see blah blah blah. GET THE FK IN!! Another great win,leggy as hell but that's to be expected, more little building blocks,hope we keep heading in the same direction :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Just got back from the game, not a lot more to add to the comments apart from Eddie. My god if Auba leaves in the summer this lad has a massive opportunity to make a serious name for himself.

His workrate was amazing, and he was unlucky not to bag a second goal. What the fuck were Leeds thinking when they decided he couldn't do a job for them.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As well as VAR another thing the dickheads running the league need to address in the summer is this staggered mid season break nonsense. All clubs should be off for the same 2 weeks if there is to be a break not this half and half shit they’ve come up with to pander to the tv companies.

Today we played our third game in 7 days while Everton had 2 weeks rest and preparation to face us. How the fuck is that fair? It really told in the last 20 mins when we were out on our feet and they were full of energy.

Makes a mockery out of the integrity of the league (well it would if the blatant corruption of VAR had left the league with any fucking integrity to begin with).

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm
Just got back from the game, not a lot more to add to the comments apart from Eddie. My god if Auba leaves in the summer this lad has a massive opportunity to make a serious name for himself.

His workrate was amazing, and he was unlucky not to bag a second goal. What the fuck were Leeds thinking when they decided he couldn't do a job for them.
I thought he looked a lot leaner than i remembered.

To try that 2nd half curler showed a lot of confidence.

I was amazed that when we went 1-0 down so early that we didnt shit the bed and lose 2-0 like we have in the past to the chavs and city etc.

But credit to the players, they pulled it back with two lovely goals.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Their first should have been disallowed for dangerous play. When did they stop classifying a high foot as non-dangerous play? He kicked 6ft 2in Luiz in the head. If Luiz collapsed to the ground, like a sack of spuds, holding his head, the goal would've been disallowed.

We totally looked out of steam with 20 minutes to go. Leno made up for his mistake
Surprise Cellabos was substituted as he had a solid game and looked like he was getting stronger. Torreira lost possession more in the last 20minutes than Cellabos had for the previous 70 minutes. That really destabilised the rhythm of the team.
Auba was immense both in attack and helping the defence. The argument to cash in on him in the summer seems to be getting weaker by the game.
Fabulous first goal, great cross, great finish. A finish I'd say lacazette wouldn't have been close too. Mustafi was immense for us. Won every header and covered the absent Bellerin on more than one occasion. Actually, where was Hector for the last 15 minutes, he certainly wasn't in the RB position?
Valueable, well earned, well deserved 3 points.
Last edited by Nos89 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’m still in shock......I saw Mustafi play well!! :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Hopefully that disappointment will give him extra incentive (if needed) to work hard and push on.
Good for our squad that he can come in here and there to rest Auba if needed ( maybe Pompey as an example) to try and keep him rested.

To be fair our front players could be awesome if they click properly.
For me it’s the midfield conundrum that needs solving - we need to be more solid, to protect the back four, but also lack creativity at times.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Hopefully that disappointment will give him extra incentive (if needed) to work hard and push on.
Good for our squad that he can come in here and there to rest Auba if needed ( maybe Pompey as an example) to try and keep him rested.

To be fair our front players could be awesome if they click properly.
For me it’s the midfield conundrum that needs solving - we need to be more solid, to protect the back four, but also lack creativity at times.
Their manager is modern day 2010-17 Wanker. Living off unwarranted press which hails home as some sort of genius but who really isn't. He's lauded as a mastermind but managed to finish 3rd or whatever in the second tier last season. Emery loaned him there as he was a bit enamored with the idea of being at a more powerful club than Bielsa. It was a bit like all those shit young English managers that tried to suck up to Cape Town sex offender Ferguson by taking their loan players, but the other way round. Arteta has taken one loom at it and said bollox to that, he's playing up front for us. It's part of a power game, Aubameyang is playing, Lacazette isn't and how will he react? Is he worth keeping?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBard mate stop posting tits up here in the "on the terraces" section ffs. Even covered tits. Especially in match threads.

The owners have made it clear no NSFW threads up here. There's a whole section (cannonballs) full of threads with tits. Post them there will ya please.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As for the game. Comedy defending for both their goals. Terrible keeping by Leno too. But he made up for that later on in fairness.

The difference was the timing of Saka coming on and Kalashnikov going off. It was key that we suddenly had that direct attacking presence on the left at that time when our heads might have dropped. Saka was superb again in the first half but went to total shit when his legs went.

Ozil and Ceballos again worked well together linking up the play in the middle.

Boomerang was superb both striking and defending. MOTM by a mile.

Mustafalaugh despite his and Luiz being utter gash at set pieces was very good for most of the rest of it.

Special mention for complete fuckwit Xhakatard again. Almost every touch and every pass lost posession. The guy is fucking useless but obviously can suck start a jumbo jet through a hundred yards of garden hose. There is no other explanation.

Good to see Xhakatard's soul mate Comedy Iwobi is still complete and utter gash. Surely that Palace transfer has to be on this summer?

A good win with a couple of great goals.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh and the ref must have been on an earner ffs. Rampant cheating. Shameful. :censored:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Second half we were smashed. Lucky once again not to concede a couple more goals. Thanks to Leno. Where was Feo ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:09 am
Oh and the ref must have been on an earner ffs. Rampant cheating. Shameful. :censored:
I got to my seat about 20 mins before kick-off and was watching the officials warming up right in front of me. What a trio of prize wallies :lol: I know they have to be fit warm up properly but you'd think they were playing the way they were psyching themselves and each other up. Puffing cheeks, clapping hands etc. :roll: Refs take themselves far too seriously these days. All very professional ... but then Atwell produces a performance like that which was anything but professional :roll:

As for the game, it was great to see 3 quality goals and some desire and resilience at the end. Saka has been putting in some beautiful crosses lately and Eddie's finish was just right.

Got a bit lucky with the injury to Kolasinac and hopefully he wont hurry back . And although Everton might feel they deserved a point, fuck Everton! They had a massive advantage from this farcical 2 week break and we did enough to earn a bit of luck I think.

3 wins in 7 days and scoring a few goals now too. Not so bad :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

markyp wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:43 pm
Shit performance against a dog shit team,lucky weve got leno as wed have been seen off,no improvement at all under arteta, everybody's seeing what they want to see blah blah blah. GET THE FK IN!! Another great win,leggy as hell but that's to be expected, more little building blocks,hope we keep heading in the same direction :barscarf:
Forced Positivity. Enjoy it, wish I could be this blinded.