Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

Post by Leyton Gooner »

First of two huge cup games in the next 8 days. Come on boys lets keep it going :barscarf:

Cannon

Re: Olympiacos H Thurs 27th Feb, 8pm

Post by Cannon »

torreira and martinelli should be fresh for this.

get the victory then rest players at pompey next weekend.

im going for a 3-0 victory.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Martinelli has to start. He'll run at them and put them on the back foot.

Its vital we bag an early goal as I would not put it past our defenders to concede a couple of dodgy goals from setpieces and Olympiacos will be diving all over the shop so we will be facing free kicks aplenty.

2-1 win. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so 3 wins in a row and now the 3 easiest fixtures of the season to come!

I predicted on here before the Newcastle game that we would win 10 consecutive matches - I still go along with that view

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm

I predicted on here before the Newcastle game that we would win 10 consecutive matches - I still go along with that view
While we would all love to see that Rob, I still think there is a danger with some of our players (and a lot of our fans) that we'd then become too cocky if we did something like that.

I don't think Arteta would get too carried away to be fair as he seems hard to please - which is a good thing. But a cup win and moving a few places up the league (especially above the scum) might set us up better for next season than one of Wenger's ''everything is rosy'' type ends to the season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm

While we would all love to see that Rob, I still think there is a danger with some of our players (and a lot of our fans) that we'd then become too cocky if we did something like that.

I don't think Arteta would get too carried away to be fair as he seems hard to please - which is a good thing. But a cup win and moving a few places up the league (especially above the scum) might set us up better for next season than one of Wenger's ''everything is rosy'' type ends to the season.
Agreed with that 100%. We are still hearing the fallout of Dick's 22 game unbeaten run even though we were lucky as fuck in many of those games. As enjoyable as it was it set a false expectation.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This lot have got a goal or two in them - in the first 20 minutes of their game at the swamp, they flew out of the traps and went into a 2-0 lead....and it could have been more.

We've been so slow starting in a number of games that we can't afford to do that. Hope those over cocky days are over

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:34 pm
This lot have got a goal or two in them - in the first 20 minutes of their game at the swamp, they flew out of the traps and went into a 2-0 lead....and it could have been more.

We've been so slow starting in a number of games that we can't afford to do that. Hope those over cocky days are over
I'm not so sure they are over, especially when we are at home, there definitely seems to be more of a sluggish attitude when at home and it takes longer for us to get going, against the Barcodes they were unlucky not to score early and then Everton did :rubchin:

I'd just really like to see us settled and in control from the start for once, not 15-20 mins in :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

to be honest the way this coronavirus is now spreading I wouldn't be surprised if the Europa League/Champions League didn't get completed this season.

Inter Milan already playing their match behind closed doors this week.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm
to be honest the way this coronavirus is now spreading I wouldn't be surprised if the Europa League/Champions League didn't get completed this season.

Two of my brothers neighbours have been isolated in that hotel in Tenerife. He reckons he's burning their house down as a precaution. :shock:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:35 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Two of my brothers neighbours have been isolated in that hotel in Tenerife. He reckons he's burning their house down as a precaution. :shock:

:wink:
HOLY Fuuuuucccckkkk!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ere your Bro's name isn't Arthur is it!???

:D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

No interest in this one might go to Pompey though !

Midz

Post by Midz »

Hope he plays Martinelli for this match and hope he continues his scoring run.

Anyone hear if Tierney is fit yet?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Midz wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 pm
Hope he plays Martinelli for this match and hope he continues his scoring run.

Anyone hear if Tierney is fit yet?
Who's he ?. Never heard of him.
2-2 we go through. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Another win 3-0