Arsenal slipping down the Financial League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Zanatos3

Re: Arsenal slipping down the Financial League

Post by Zanatos3 »

Arsenal Make a Loss for the First Time Since 2002 as Champions League Absence Bites

https://www.90min.com/posts/6566597-ars ... ence-bites

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I was warning people about Kroenke more than 10 years ago, the guy is a parasite, sadly I've had to all but give up on the club I once loved because of him, just don't see the point anymore - we're not even trying and will be stuck in midtable until I'm drawing a pension.

Bring on the losses, hopefully the useless KSE c*nts will panic and sell up.. doubt it though they will more likely just hang around like a rancid turd.

:banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Many years ago there was an official club forum but as our bunch of duplicitous board members prepared to do their sell out the posters split into groups of supporting Kroenke , hating Usmanov and wanting the status quo. Gradually as information on Kroenke and his franchises came to light the criticism aimed at Hil Wood and co became toxic and the board was closed .
It was obvious then that Kroenke was a synonym for long term mediocrity and that was the inevitable outcome. Buying out Usmanov was his cherry on the top and from that day onward the decline has accelerated.
To get over FFP rules it has been mooted that they could pay off the stadium debt and re finance at a better rate and release transfer funds but I have read but don't know if it's true that the money used to buy out Usmanov has been put on the club . If this is true then we are now even worse off.
Kroenke is not Mr Popular in Denver but seems to have the local press on his side , I have written critical letters to the Denver Post but they rarely print them although I do believe that the only way to get to him is on his own patch., over here he has the cushion of the board to protect him just as he used Wenger for all those years. Complaints and whinging over here will do little the fight has to be to discredit him in his own backyard . Just how that is done I don;t know but it needs trying .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Arsenal Make a Loss for the First Time Since 2002 as Champions League Absence Bites

https://www.90min.com/posts/6566597-ars ... ence-bites
The problem with this sort of article and many like it over the years is that it takes a simple PBT look at the figures and doesn't really look at the true costs of running the club. The guy makes reference to a £56M profit the previous year :roll: Throw a few transfers into the pot and a couple of sponsorship deals and it all sounds great. Look at the actual trading performance after tax and allow for the cost of capital involved in running the club and suddenly the figures aren't all that.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:34 am
Many years ago there was an official club forum but as our bunch of duplicitous board members prepared to do their sell out the posters split into groups of supporting Kroenke , hating Usmanov and wanting the status quo. Gradually as information on Kroenke and his franchises came to light the criticism aimed at Hil Wood and co became toxic and the board was closed .
It was obvious then that Kroenke was a synonym for long term mediocrity and that was the inevitable outcome. Buying out Usmanov was his cherry on the top and from that day onward the decline has accelerated.
To get over FFP rules it has been mooted that they could pay off the stadium debt and re finance at a better rate and release transfer funds but I have read but don't know if it's true that the money used to buy out Usmanov has been put on the club . If this is true then we are now even worse off.
Kroenke is not Mr Popular in Denver but seems to have the local press on his side , I have written critical letters to the Denver Post but they rarely print them although I do believe that the only way to get to him is on his own patch., over here he has the cushion of the board to protect him just as he used Wenger for all those years. Complaints and whinging over here will do little the fight has to be to discredit him in his own backyard . Just how that is done I don;t know but it needs trying .
I don't think anything will work with our fanbase, some of which are great, but a lot of which are JCL's and hipster AKB types, we just have too many passive types who will accept pretty much any turd the club give them, yes they might grumble or get bored but they'll still keep paying up, even United are 'putting up' to a certain extent with the Glazer's running the club down (to a lesser degree due to Utd's mega commercial status).

As others have said and I said before we're becoming a new Everton, a club that was pretty big 20-30 years ago but then became perma-midtable there after, KSE have overseen this, and the irony is we were told that moving to the corporate bowl was about competing with the best, and in actual fact all it did was attract the vultures (KSE) and made us LESS competitive than when we were at Highbury!.

Would be funny if this was Spurs or Chavs... :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Where's US Martin ??? :-P :wink: