Happy Invincibles Day!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Happy Invincibles Day!

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 am
Rob Admin wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:51 pm
Seeing Kompany in action tonight reminded me of just how shambolic are back four is and has been for about 10 years. A great game of football with a very pleasing result.
I thought he was solid as can be.......the "he should have been sent off" tackle was an added bonus. To think they paid 6m for him. Bought a lump of coal who became a diamond. Something Wenger always tried to do, except every "lump of coal" he bought on the cheap remained a lump of coal. Or turned to shit.

And afterwards when sky interviewed him in the tunnel and asked him about the tackle, he smiled and said "I thought that it was a good tackle" :lol:
As a defender myself, I have always liked the players who will cut you in half but make no big deal about it, as opposed to a lot of modern players who want the world to know that they had done it and in the process bring attention of every referee in the country :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Maybe not yet...There is a Twitter campaign to have their "disallowed goal" by Goalline Technology reviewed as it clearly crossed the line.
FAI CEO John Delaney is advising this campaign..He suggest that City get three points for the win but Liverpool get one for the draw and if City win the title then Liverpool will be declared joint winners. He is basing his advice on his own 33rd team in a World Cup campaign.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:44 am
xisstential wrote:
Rob Admin wrote:
Seeing Kompany in action tonight reminded me of just how shambolic are back four is and has been for about 10 years. A great game of football with a very pleasing result.
I thought he was solid as can be.......the "he should have been sent off" tackle was an added bonus. To think they paid 6m for him. Bought a lump of coal who became a diamond. Something Wenger always tried to do, except every "lump of coal" he bought on the cheap remained a lump of coal. Or turned to shit.

And afterwards when sky interviewed him in the tunnel and asked him about the tackle, he smiled and said "I thought that it was a good tackle" :lol:
As a defender myself, I have always liked the players who will cut you in half but make no big deal about it, as opposed to a lot of modern players who want the world to know that they had done it and in the process bring attention of every referee in the country :roll:
Apparently he also called Salah a "pussy " when he was on the ground. ..That even makes it better.

Leigh on Sea Gooner

Post by Leigh on Sea Gooner »

Happy St Invincibles Day to all fellow Gooners for yesterday .

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:43 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:44 am
xisstential wrote:
Rob Admin wrote:

Apparently he also called Salah a "pussy " when he was on the ground. ..That even makes it better.
Was a clumsy tackle to say the least (I remember him getting sent off against United in the cup a few years back for exactly the same sort of tackle) but Salah banging the ground in fake agony was embarrassing.

The guy is a massive cheat.

You are my sunshine

Post by You are my sunshine »

I wouldn’t say Salah is massive.....he is a cheat though...

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Should be a moratorium on "Invincibles" drivel in the press until it gets remotely serious, around late March or so. Lovren coming out and claiming Liverpool could do it and then getting spun by Aguero for the first was delightful.

A convenient amnesia for the victims around that semi-rugby tackle from Robertson on Sterling. Saw somewhere today that Liverpool were both complaining about the thickness of the painted lines at the Ethiad and the thickness of the grass. Can never be their fault, can it?

Allison is better with the ball at his feet than Henderson.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

gp543 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 am
Should be a moratorium on "Invincibles" drivel in the press until it gets remotely serious, around late March or so. Lovren coming out and claiming Liverpool could do it and then getting spun by Aguero for the first was delightful.

A convenient amnesia for the victims around that semi-rugby tackle from Robertson on Sterling. Saw somewhere today that Liverpool were both complaining about the thickness of the painted lines at the Ethiad and the thickness of the grass. Can never be their fault, can it?

I’d be more concerned about the thickness of their fans to be honest

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

greengooner wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:43 am
gp543 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 am

I’d be more concerned about the thickness of their fans to be honest
GG the thickness of the lines and the grass may be debatable, the Victims fans on the other hand......... :lol:

A belated happy invincibles day to all :barscarf: :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

The Invincibles live on for yet :mrgreen: another season! :barscarf:

Happy Invincibles Day!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Good lads Watford :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

No VAR today to rescue the dippers :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Thank. fucking. God.

:barscarf:

Unbelievable.

I dont mind so much if they win it now.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

They can win it but it will never be gold!

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Get in there Watford! So relieved.