Is it time to cash in on Aubameyang?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Is it time to cash in on Aubameyang?

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:56 pm
Lads, we are not talking about selling him by choice, and are not talking about selling him and not buying a replacement, so can we stop with "where will the goals come from" comments ? Bar the senile old French cock, I don't think that there is a manager in the world that would tolerate selling him UNLESS he was getting the money to buy a replacement striker, and I expect arteta would be no different. There is no certainties in the transfer market so we cant say for sure that whoever comes in for auba (whether that be this summer or any summer) will bag the same amount of goals, but I can say with almost 100% certainty a striker would be brought into replace auba, so maybe he will get the goals that ye are all worried about missing. Selling him in the summer is an absolute no brainer IF he refuses to sign a new contract, but if that happens the fee we will get will be a lot less than we would have got last month, and that will make me worry more about the drop off in goals next season - sell auba for £70m-£80m and use the money to buy a younger striker and you would be more confident in the quality player we sign, but if we now only have £30m-£40m to bring in a replacement ……. :worried: :worried:
I can now see why rodders had to school the living fuck out of you on Saturday augie Wenger. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 pm
augie wrote:
Lads, we are not talking about selling him by choice, and are not talking about selling him and not buying a replacement, so can we stop with "where will the goals come from" comments ? Bar the senile old French cock, I don't think that there is a manager in the world that would tolerate selling him UNLESS he was getting the money to buy a replacement striker, and I expect arteta would be no different. There is no certainties in the transfer market so we cant say for sure that whoever comes in for auba (whether that be this summer or any summer) will bag the same amount of goals, but I can say with almost 100% certainty a striker would be brought into replace auba, so maybe he will get the goals that ye are all worried about missing. Selling him in the summer is an absolute no brainer IF he refuses to sign a new contract, but if that happens the fee we will get will be a lot less than we would have got last month, and that will make me worry more about the drop off in goals next season - sell auba for £70m-£80m and use the money to buy a younger striker and you would be more confident in the quality player we sign, but if we now only have £30m-£40m to bring in a replacement ……. :worried: :worried:
I can now see why rodders had to school the living fuck out of you on Saturday augie Wenger. :lol: :wink:

All heresay - provide me with proof or else it is just (another) example of rodders talking shite :wink:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Cannot sell him if he will sign a contract at a decent rate. Arteta is trying to build a team, and you need to keep your stars to do that. Sell him for what, 40m? That doesn't even get you Pepe who is miles below Auba in terms of quality. No way. Keep him as long as he's not demanding 400k a week.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Mirror, #Arsenal are ready to try & relaunch contract negotiations with Aubameyang. There is a growing feeling now that Aubameyang can see the club is moving upwards under Mikel Arteta & they may yet be able to convince him to stay. https://t.co/aVq5rbtawC

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One step nearer to the relegation nobody thinks is possible after he goes

Down by 2023 without a shadow of doubt

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 pm
augie wrote:

All heresay - provide me with proof or else it is just (another) example of rodders talking shite :wink:
We've got Photo's - and you wearing that checked mini-skirt bent over a desk is NOT Pretty... :shock: :wink:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Watching AUBA Cry was like watching THANOS crying at Vomir...
They both knew...in that moment..
That they had to SACRIFICE...the thing that they LOVED ...
We love you 3000 Auba...we know what you have to do..to get the Career STONE.Thanks for the Memories!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Might as well sell him in the summer. Giving him a huge pay rise and a new contract is probably just as bad as letting him go for nothing when his deal expires. We'll flog him for decent money and then buy someone shit from a mid table French team or a nobody from a shit eastern European league where one team wins 25-0 every week and

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:28 pm
We love you 3000 Auba...we know what you have to do..to get the Career STONE.Thanks for the Memories!
I have no idea what your first language is, but does it have the word "gobshite" in it? :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 pm
Zanatos3 wrote:
I have no idea what your first language is, but does it have the word "gobshite" in it? :lol:
Or ringpiece :rubchin: or furburger :rubchin: or burst hedgehog :wink:

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Naff Ozil off and give his wages to Auba...obviously if he wont sign then sell him this summer but any talk of selling him and Arteta getting the fee to spend on a replacement is wishful thinking.I doubt kroenke would do that and even if he did strikers who score the amount of goals he does are very expensive and few and far between.There is no one out there available for a reasonable fee who will be happy to come to The Arsenal and is odds on to score more goals than him so break the bank to keep him i reckon

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 pm
Zanatos3 wrote:
:D very amusing!