Shawc**nt In England Squad

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Shawc**nt In England Squad

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 am
I know John Stones if fucking awful (hilariously falling over for no reason in yesterdays league cup final :lol: :roll: ) but am I the only one who saw this thread and thought WTF is the reformist, liberal and progressive ''Gareth'' doing now? :banghead:
To be honest if the Ingerlund centre halves get any worse mate,.....the thread might get a revival for those reasons !!

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:52 am
Clash wrote:
I know John Stones if fucking awful (hilariously falling over for no reason in yesterdays league cup final :lol: :roll: ) but am I the only one who saw this thread and thought WTF is the reformist, liberal and progressive ''Gareth'' doing now? :banghead:
To be honest if the Ingerlund centre halves get any worse mate,.....the thread might get a revival for those reasons !!
Absolutely mate :)

The drop in standards over the last decade or so is shocking. And I never thought I would see the day when a keeper as dodgy as Pickford could be England's no.1 :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:14 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:

The drop in standards over the last decade or so is shocking. And I never thought I would see the day when a keeper as dodgy as Pickford could be England's no.1 :roll:

That's a fair shout Clash. We've been spoiled for keepers over the years since the Clemence/Shilton years through to Spunky taking us into the 2000s. Thereafter we largely got away with James/Hart but Pickford just seems to have a mistake in him. Perhaps the best hope is that Henderson comes good?

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:20 pm
Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:

That's a fair shout Clash. We've been spoiled for keepers over the years since the Clemence/Shilton years through to Spunky taking us into the 2000s. Thereafter we largely got away with James/Hart but Pickford just seems to have a mistake in him. Perhaps the best hope is that Henderson comes good?

Henderson at Sheffield united ?? Did you see the fcuk up he made against the murdering scousers ? They were live on tv (on a Friday night I think) last season when they were in the championship, and he dropped a major bollock in that game too :oops: :oops:

I remember someone saying a few years ago that keepers at clubs like sheffield united always look better than they are purely cos of the number of saves they get to make in a game, but the real test of a keeper is when he doesnt have fcuk all to do but is there with a crucial save when needed.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:02 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:

Henderson at Sheffield united ?? Did you see the fcuk up he made against the murdering scousers ? They were live on tv (on a Friday night I think) last season when they were in the championship, and he dropped a major bollock in that game too :oops: :oops:

I remember someone saying a few years ago that keepers at clubs like sheffield united always look better than they are purely cos of the number of saves they get to make in a game, but the real test of a keeper is when he doesnt have fcuk all to do but is there with a crucial save when needed.
Yes he's dropped a bollock or two young players always do. He's only 22 now so any hope is pinned on him developing into a better keeper over the next 2 - 3 years which is still a way off. He might be the answer, he might not. There just isn't the depth of quality keeper that there used to be. I just don't have much trust in the reliability of Pickford in the interim and can't really think of anybody else who does.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:

what drop in standards ?

England are favourites to win Euro 2020 :barscarf: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:01 am
What is the point in dragging up an 8 year old argument? :roll:
When someone denies they were ever banned for celebrating one of our own players injuries perhaps
Fair enough.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:06 pm
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yes he's dropped a bollock or two young players always do. He's only 22 now so any hope is pinned on him developing into a better keeper over the next 2 - 3 years which is still a way off. He might be the answer, he might not. There just isn't the depth of quality keeper that there used to be. I just don't have much trust in the reliability of Pickford in the interim and can't really think of anybody else who does.

And you wont either, and as a scotsman you should be praying that he stays as England's number 1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:46 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:

And you wont either, and as a scotsman you should be praying that he stays as England's number 1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doh!! :lol: :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:22 pm
I dont agree Sid but its time to let the Ramsey remarks go now isnt it? Come on SteveO and Sid lets make up :wink: :)

ps. Shawcunt is still a *word censored* 8)
8 years later and still at each other’s throats :roll: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:22 pm
I dont agree Sid but its time to let the Ramsey remarks go now isnt it? Come on SteveO and Sid lets make up :wink: :)

ps. Shawcunt is still a *word censored* 8)
8 years later and still at each other’s throats :roll: :lol:
:D :D

Nice to have some consistency round here mate - no more Babatunde, Red Member or Monostich to make my day in their various ways. I haven't even got HighburyJD to have a scrap with these days since he sailed his 'superfan' raft off into the sunset :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stevo you left out the legend that was US Marty

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:57 am
Stevo you left out the legend that was US Marty
I blame the board for that mate :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:13 am
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Doh!! :lol: :wink:

Thank you, thank you, thank you :barscarf: :lol:

I know it's my own fault but it seemed amusing at the time - oh if only it was possible to change user name :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm English mate, a Londoner. Chose a stupid user name when I joined the OG as I was working up in Scotland at the time :oops: