Torreira broken ankle

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Torreira broken ankle

Post by falkirk goon »

Just heard on Talkshite that Torreira has a fractured ankle..nowt much wrong with that challenge said pubis :roll: ffs he of the Stoke hammer throwers :censored:

robbo10

Re: Torreira broken ankle

Post by robbo10 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:24 am
Just heard on Talkshite that Torreira has a fractured ankle..nowt much wrong with that challenge said pubis :roll: ffs he of the Stoke hammer throwers :censored:
The club and SSN confirmed this too,

What makes my piss boil is that c unt Mike Dean will send someone off for the same tackle at some point this season,does anybody know if the referee's panel backed his decision not to even award a free-kick let alone a booking or red card? I don't want tackling outlawed in the game but the scissor action in the follow through is whats done the damage,and we all know if we've played a bit that thats what the players done,he knew full well he could put one on Torriera without being penalized by Dean,

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That CU.NT Bolton 'knew' 1,000% what he was doing, did you see him do a sneaky low (high) five with his team mate when he walked away and Torreira was rolling around in agony.

Let's hope Bolton gets his Achilles "SNAPPED" and the damage is Irreparable .

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well I didn't think the tackle was a bad one and did accuse him of overreacting so I got that wrong (although he does at other times).

The tackle was hard but I thought he made good contact with the ball and the injury is just an accident that is a byproduct of the game.

I think he's off anyway next season, there's no way he can be happy not getting regular starts, saying that I dont rate him that highly.

I think a less physical league would suit him better, or womens football as it's more commonly known.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Seems somewhat appropriate that the name of the player who did this is called Bolton :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:10 pm
Well I didn't think the tackle was a bad one and did accuse him of overreacting so I got that wrong (although he does at other times).

The tackle was hard but I thought he made good contact with the ball and the injury is just an accident that is a byproduct of the game.

I think he's off anyway next season, there's no way he can be happy not getting regular starts, saying that I dont rate him that highly.

I think a less physical league would suit him better, or womens football as it's more commonly known.
Fair points Lefty. Most times that sort of tackle wouldn't cause serious injury and if Torriera had got up and played on we would probably have not made too much of it.

It was quite deliberate though and now that the sort of tackles where you deliberately leave something on your opponent have supposedly been outlawed, the lack of coverage it got was surprising. Or maybe not that surprising as it happened to an Arsenal player.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Is there ever a time.that the club enquire about *word censored* dean's blatant cheating towards us?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Clash wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:21 pm
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Fair points Lefty. Most times that sort of tackle wouldn't cause serious injury and if Torriera had got up and played on we would probably have not made too much of it.

It was quite deliberate though and now that the sort of tackles where you deliberately leave something on your opponent have supposedly been outlawed, the lack of coverage it got was surprising. Or maybe not that surprising as it happened to an Arsenal player.
I get your point but I only saw it the once so going by that,tbf I thought the tackle Jack got off the lpool player just when he was playing very well was a lot worse because it was from behind, difference then was that most on here blamed Jack for holding onto the ball too long which was a ludicrous excuse imo.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bolton deffo did him. It's not the tackle it's the scissors action in the follow through. Refs are not players and they can't spot that for what it is.

Also Lefty I don't think anyone here was excusing the mouser crunt that did Jack. I know I was saying he invited those type of injuries because he often did hold the ball too long. Not excusing or justifying the foul but rather asking why Jack had not been taught (or developed) a bit of street smarts or common sense and realise that he was inviting those type of injury causing tackles.

Jack had some magnificent technical ability but his injury prone-ness ruined his career. A real shame.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest 20 years ago (ish) I'd of been smiling like a pig in shit if I'd put a tackle in like that....nowadays not so much :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:30 pm
To be honest 20 years ago (ish) I'd of been smiling like a pig in shit if I'd put a tackle in like that....nowadays not so much :rubchin:
I don't know Muzz. We all say the game has become softer and then give out about leg breakers. I think the problem is the art of tackling is all but dead.

There were some really strong tacklers back in the days of Pearce Adams Bouldy etc but how many legs or ankles did those guys break? I'm not saying there was never an old player that didn't do someone but I think they mostly knew how to go in hard but fair and win the ball without that scissors follow through or without going in studs-up mid-shin.

I think also attackers back in the day were more aware that they had to have the weight off their feet when the odd bad tackle came in and thus were able to ride the tackle better. Kids now days are not taught that and the game is so soft that they go on the pitch assuming they won't get targeted for a leg breaker so when it comes they are caught with the weight on that planted foot and the damage is increased.

LeftfootlegendGooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Deffo, I put tons of tackles like that in.

Its foorball and had torreira put in a tackle like that on an oppo we would all be harking back to when football was a mans game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Its foorball and had torreira put in a tackle like that on an oppo we would all be harking back to when football was a mans game.
Don't agree Lefty. That follow up scissoring action is cowardly shit. Nothing wrong with a decent hard tackle (oo-er) but doing someone with that follow through has never been acceptable at any level. I don't know about the amateur game over there but over here it's called a cùnt's tackle and the guy doing it gets slapped. Or done later in the match. Can't believe you two lads were putting that exact tackle in with the scissoring action and not getting punched out..... :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:36 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Don't agree Lefty. That follow up scissoring action is cowardly shit. Nothing wrong with a decent hard tackle (oo-er) but doing someone with that follow through has never been acceptable at any level. I don't know about the amateur game over there but over here it's called a cùnt's tackle and the guy doing it gets slapped. Or done later in the match. Can't believe you two lads were putting that exact tackle in with the scissoring action and not getting punched out..... :rubchin:
I've never scissored anyone (well not on a football pitch anyway), I never saw the scissors action you guys are speaking of, I saw it once in real time and it just looked a robust tackle.

And yes having played Saturday, Sunday and then midweek for over twenty years I have had set too's on a pitch and served my 35 day suspensions, it was never my fault :wink: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:36 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I've never scissored anyone (well not on a football pitch anyway), I never saw the scissors action you guys are speaking of, I saw it once in real time and it just looked a robust tackle.

And yes having played Saturday, Sunday and then midweek for over twenty years I have had set too's on a pitch and served my 35 day suspensions, it was never my fault :wink: :lol: