Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

Bradywasking

Re: Spuds or Victims

Post by Bradywasking »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:02 am
I really dont understand the animosity to Liverpool. The only three teams I really dislike and enjoy seeing lose are Tottenham, Chelsea and City. Im pretty indifferent to Man United and Liverpool.

Im also certain Liverpool fans do not posses a intense dislike to Arsenal.

Arsenal-Liverpool relations have always been fine in recent history, with the exception of when Wenger took the piss with the Suarez plus 1 pound bid which really set the scouse tits on fire.
With all due respect Wilson try living with or working with them..The media love for them, the authorities bias towards them, the airbrushing of Heysel while milking Hillsborough, the arrogant sense of entitlement matched by the never ending grievance if said entitlement isn't met. The free pass their fans get from the media like the Manchester City team bus attack that was under reported and under condemned compared to similar incidents at Upton Park.
Apart from that they are fine.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

wilson2.0 wrote:
I really dont understand the animosity to Liverpool. The only three teams I really dislike and enjoy seeing lose are Tottenham, Chelsea and City. Im pretty indifferent to Man United and Liverpool.

Arsenal-Liverpool relations have always been fine in recent history, with the exception of when Wenger took the piss with the Suarez plus 1 pound bid which really set the scouse tits on fire.
Each to their own but I despise them.Citeh pipping them to the title last season have me immense joy :barscarf: Madrid pumping them the year previous gave me immense joy :barscarf: Stevie Mee slipping and blowing the title gave me immense joy :barscarf: I was born in 72 so can remember the last time they dominated and it wasn't pleasant..I would have Citeh and even the chavs over them any day.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

Each to their own but I despise them.Citeh pipping them to the title last season gave me immense joy :barscarf: Madrid pumping them the year previous gave me immense joy :barscarf: Stevie Mee slipping and blowing the title gave me immense joy :barscarf: I was born in 72 so can remember the last time they dominated and it wasn't pleasant..I would have Citeh and even the chavs over them any day.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:

You are embarrassing Aussies everywhere - even us half-Aussies. :oops: :lol: :wink:

Mate you've obviously never been to a game against them. Their fans are mostly vermin.

Not content with murdering 39 innocent Italians they mug their own fans for tickets at every final they get to. They bring a huge chunk of fans to every final with no tickets who, if they cannot find a fellow fan to mug, then proceed to storm the turnstiles en masse - the very same carry on that contributed to the tragic deaths of 96 of their own fans at Hillsborough.

The rank hypocrisy of them still doing that whilst continuously ramming Hillsborough down everyone's throats is sickening.

At the CL final in Athens the mouser scum were mugging women and children for tickets ffs. The head of UEFA said they were like animals, the worst he's ever seen.

I'd take ANY team winning any trophy over them with the exception of the scum from N17 and the murdering wet sham filth. :x

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:14 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:

You are embarrassing Aussies everywhere - even us half-Aussies. :oops: :lol: :wink:

Mate you've obviously never been to a game against them. Their fans are mostly vermin.

Not content with murdering 39 innocent Italians they mug their own fans for tickets at every final they get to. They bring a huge chunk of fans to every final with no tickets who, if they cannot find a fellow fan to mug, then proceed to storm the turnstiles en masse - the very same carry on that contributed to the tragic deaths of 96 of their own fans at Hillsborough.

The rank hypocrisy of them still doing that whilst continuously ramming Hillsborough down everyone's throats is sickening.

At the CL final in Athens the mouser scum were mugging women and children for tickets ffs. The head of UEFA said they were like animals, the worst he's ever seen.

I'd take ANY team winning any trophy over them with the exception of the scum from N17 and the murdering wet sham filth. :x
This :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

Each to their own but I despise them.Citeh pipping them to the title last season have me immense joy :barscarf: Madrid pumping them the year previous gave me immense joy :barscarf: Stevie Mee slipping and blowing the title gave me immense joy :barscarf: I was born in 72 so can remember the last time they dominated and it wasn't pleasant..I would have Citeh and even the chavs over them any day.

I don't know Wilson's age so would maybe cut him a little slack if he's a youngster but anyone born before the mid 70s will have a deep deep hatred of the murdering thieving scouse wankstains.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wilson2.0 wrote:

Maybe it’s an age thing Wilson.

When I was young and lived in SW London, in the mid seventies, most of my school friends were Liverpool fans, move away to Essex late 70’s and guess what there is shit loads of the there too.

I now live In Suffolk and there are shitloads here too - most having never been anywhere near Anfield(89)

As a club, I respect their achievements, European record is quite remarkable, but they still havent got over Anfield 89 (good) and that is the players, fans, tea lady, etc, etc.

Add the European ban on top, Arsenal and Everton in particular suffered with decent genuine chances of going all the way and their lack of admitting any blame let alone remorse for their actions and you will have the reason older fans (in their 40’s and 50’s) dislike them.

I have no grudge against City - I know nobody who supports them, I don’t dislike their players, or fans and would rather they than Liverpoo L or Chelsea won trophies, if we aren’t going to.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

older fans (in their 40’s and 50’s) dislike them.

Don't ignore those of us in their 60's and 70's . We have longer memories going back to them being in the second division.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:

Maybe it’s an age thing Wilson.

When I was young and lived in SW London, in the mid seventies, most of my school friends were Liverpool fans, move away to Essex late 70’s and guess what there is shit loads of the there too.

I now live In Suffolk and there are shitloads here too - most having never been anywhere near Anfield(89)

As a club, I respect their achievements, European record is quite remarkable, but they still havent got over Anfield 89 (good) and that is the players, fans, tea lady, etc, etc.

Add the European ban on top, Arsenal and Everton in particular suffered with decent genuine chances of going all the way and their lack of admitting any blame let alone remorse for their actions and you will have the reason older fans (in their 40’s and 50’s) dislike them.

I have no grudge against City - I know nobody who supports them, I don’t dislike their players, or fans and would rather they than LiVARpool or Chelsea won trophies, if we aren’t going to.
Top Post Mate :hail: :hail: :hail:

The scouse scum are referred to as the VICTIMS because at any opportunity given or otherwise, they start going on (and on and on and on and on and on and on ad-finitum about Hillsborough - Which WAS a genuine Tragedy, but bring up the subject of Hesyel Stadium and how 39 Juventus Fans were "Killed" because of the scousers fans actions and they wave it away as if it Never Happened.

Scousers feel entitled to always be the centre of attention.

For Everyone to feel sorry for them forever because of a tragedy that happened in April (15th) 1989 - I remember it well and need no scouse cuntbags to keep reminding me and the world.

As someone (rightly) said the other day: LiVARpool fans are Bad Losers (aren't we all) BUT They are Worse Losers.

So FUCKK liVARpool fans.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Some great responses to Wilson.

I think its definitely an age thing and also a location thing. Anyone of a certain age (born before mid 70s as Jock says) and grew up in the UK or Ireland must surely have a deep-rooted hatred of Liverpool ... if they didnt get sucked into supporting them.

I too respect their achievements and their history pre-1990 is fascinating stuff. A mixture of drama, excitement and tragedy ... but also denial and disgrace.

And its the denial and disgrace part that you wouldn't believe existed if you didn't live through it or witness it first hand because the way that club is portrayed in the mainstream media is fucking laughable compared to the reality.

The facts are that Liverpool fans got our clubs banned from Europe and us fans banned from standing on terracing. Their actions cost both Arsenal and Everton a serious chance of emulating what they had done many times in europe and in Everton's case they have an element that even celebrate that fact (i.e the Bucharest '86 flag on the Kop).

I am not blaming them solely for those things as hooliganism was widespread and there were numerous incidents of dangerously packed terraces before they it ended in deaths. But they have washed their hands of one incident and played the victim card 100% in the other without acknowledging the crucial part their own fans played in it.

And not only is their fans reputation in the media unblemished when it should be notorious .... its even been enhanced in the Sky TV years with all this YNWA / European nights at Anfield shite.

(I have a little bit of sympathy for people that have lived in those sort of cities (particularly up to the 70s or 80s) because I do think governments neglect certain places and they deliberately dumb a large number of people down on purpose so that they have what's called factory fodder. For instance who would work in the factories or in the shipyards if we were all really well educated? But that is a different discussion).

The bottom line is that Liverpool FC are a nauseating, hypocritical football club that get away with murder (literally) because the media have their backs.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:01 pm
Some great responses to Wilson.

I think its definitely an age thing and also a location thing. Anyone of a certain age (born before mid 70s as Jock says) and grew up in the UK or Ireland must surely have a deep-rooted hatred of Liverpool ... if they didnt get sucked into supporting them.

I too respect their achievements and their history pre-1990 is fascinating stuff. A mixture of drama, excitement and tragedy ... but also denial and disgrace.

And its the denial and disgrace part that you wouldn't believe existed if you didn't live through it or witness it first hand because the way that club is portrayed in the mainstream media is fucking laughable compared to the reality.

The facts are that Liverpool fans got our clubs banned from Europe and us fans banned from standing on terracing. Their actions cost both Arsenal and Everton a serious chance of emulating what they had done many times in europe and in Everton's case they have an element that even celebrate that fact (i.e the Bucharest '86 flag on the Kop).

I am not blaming them solely for those things as hooliganism was widespread and there were numerous incidents of dangerously packed terraces before they it ended in deaths. But they have washed their hands of one incident and played the victim card 100% in the other without acknowledging the crucial part their own fans played in it.

And not only is their fans reputation in the media unblemished when it should be notorious .... its even been enhanced in the Sky TV years with all this YNWA / European nights at Anfield shite.

(I have a little bit of sympathy for people that have lived in those sort of cities (particularly up to the 70s or 80s) because I do think governments neglect certain places and they deliberately dumb a large number of people down on purpose so that they have what's called factory fodder. For instance who would work in the factories or in the shipyards if we were all really well educated? But that is a different discussion).

The bottom line is that Liverpool FC are a nauseating, hypocritical football club that get away with murder (literally) because the media have their backs.
In the words of Martin Tyler "that sums it all up"

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am
older fans (in their 40’s and 50’s) dislike them.

Don't ignore those of us in their 60's and 70's . We have longer memories going back to them being in the second division.

Wouldn't dream of forgetting about our more senior citizens on here - long memories are important to any discussion. For example, Red remembers when Shankly first took charge of the victims and also when Liverpool was still part of Greenland before tectonic plate movement lumbered us with them :lol: :box:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I too roll my eyes when Liverpool as a football club preach on about Hillsborough. Certainly those who experienced it have every right too express anger, however too many Liverpool fans who didnt experience Hillsborough personally wrap themselves in the tragedy whilst ignoring Heysel. Its not 9/11 or the sinking of the Titanic. They really do need to get over it just like Juventus fans have with Heysel.

But if we cant win it, it has to be Liverpool or Man United.

If I could pick one club to do the double over, I would single out Chelsea.

iI

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am
I too roll my eyes when Liverpool as a football club preach on about Hillsborough. Certainly those who experienced it have every right too express anger, however too many Liverpool fans who didnt experience Hillsborough personally wrap themselves in the tragedy whilst ignoring Heysel. Its not 9/11 or the sinking of the Titanic. They really do need to get over it just like Juventus fans have with Heysel.

iI
I have to ask mate. When did you start supporting Arsenal? Genuine question.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am

iI
Wow really - scum every day of the week, no question, without a doubt.