Torreira broken ankle

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Torreira broken ankle

Post by SteveO 35 »

We're not living in 1979 anymore. As soon as the tackle was made - and sitting in the front row on that side of the pitch I could see it and hear it clearly - he was determined to use "excessive force" as they call it these days and clear the player out.....which he did much to the glee of the local chavs and nonce-chops Dean. When it happened I turned to the bloke next to me and said "Excessive force?" and he just said "Yep....its Mike Dean" and so it seemed to be widely accepted. I can only imagine the calls for a 10 match ban if that had happened to the window licking England captain or another luvvie of the media......instead it was a south American Jonny Foreigner "same old Arsenal always cheating" type, so just smile and brush it off

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Sorry but this all seems small time by Arsenal supporters, I dont think for one second he deliberately tried to injure torry.

Take into account how many tackles are made per year in pro football, then tackles by whatever his name is and see how many broken bones there are.

You're all just sounding like conspiracy theorists.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal don't like it when you kick them.....The boy (who fouled) is not that type of lad....Those words rekindle memories of the bad old days. Not sure if Bolton(the player) foul fits into the category, but for Mike Dean not to even give a free was beyond belief.
Crossed my mind reading this thread that we may never see Torriera in an Arsenal shirt again.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 am
Arsenal don't like it when you kick them.....The boy (who fouled) is not that type of lad....Those words rekindle memories of the bad old days. Not sure if Bolton(the player) foul fits into the category, but for Mike Dean not to even give a free was beyond belief.
Crossed my mind reading this thread that we may never see Torriera in an Arsenal shirt again.
I’m not sure where I saw it but apparently the leg breaking tackles on Wilshere, Digby and 1 other as well as Torreira were all conducted in matches reffed by Mike what a c unt Dean, with only a single yellow card issued by him.

On top of his Spud goal celebration v us should be plenty enough evidence to stop him reffing our matches, but no, we are The Arsenal, we just take all the shit dished our way and put up with it.