Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

DB10GOONER

Re: Spuds or Victims

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am
I too roll my eyes when Liverpool as a football club preach on about Hillsborough. Certainly those who experienced it have every right too express anger, however too many Liverpool fans who didnt experience Hillsborough personally wrap themselves in the tragedy whilst ignoring Heysel. Its not 9/11 or the sinking of the Titanic. They really do need to get over it just like Juventus fans have with Heysel.

But if we cant win it, it has to be Liverpool or Man United.

If I could pick one club to do the double over, I would single out Chelsea.

iI
Wow really - scum every day of the week, no question, without a doubt.
^^ This ^^ - and twice on a Sunday.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

My most hated teams

1. Spurs
2, Chelsea
3. United
4. Liverpool

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 pm
My most hated teams

1. Spurs
2, Chelsea
3. United
4. Liverpool
1.Spuds/ Victims
2. Man Ure
3. Leeds Utd
4. Any club associated with Neil Warnock.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:28 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
I too roll my eyes when Liverpool as a football club preach on about Hillsborough. Certainly those who experienced it have every right too express anger, however too many Liverpool fans who didnt experience Hillsborough personally wrap themselves in the tragedy whilst ignoring Heysel. Its not 9/11 or the sinking of the Titanic. They really do need to get over it just like Juventus fans have with Heysel.

iI
I have to ask mate. When did you start supporting Arsenal? Genuine question.

1995, when I was 5 years old. My dad is an Arsenal fan who migrated to Australia in the early 1980'.s Still remember watching them in the early hours of the morning on public broadcasting.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

iI

1995, when I was 5 years old. My dad is an Arsenal fan who migrated to Australia in the early 1980'.s Still remember watching them in the early hours of the morning on public broadcasting.
How are the media towards Liverpool down There?

My younger brother was born in 89 and he absolutely hates the thought of Liverpool winning the league. That can be put down to the media loving them and being surrounded by their fans.

Just wondering is a location thing

John F

Post by John F »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 pm
My most hated teams

1. Spurs
2, Chelsea
3. United
4. Liverpool
No room for Stoke ?

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:54 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

iI

How are the media towards Liverpool down There?

My younger brother was born in 89 and he absolutely hates the thought of Liverpool winning the league. That can be put down to the media loving them and being surrounded by their fans.

Just wondering is a location thing

Liverpool are the most popular team in Australia by a long way. Man United are also very popular. Not too many Arsenal fans. When Robbie Fowler signed for Gold Coast United every time they would play in Sydney or Melbourne the grounds would sell out. No one went to the homes games though because the Gold Coast is a tourist town. Liverpool also managed to fill out the MCG a few years back which has a capacity of 100,000. Arsenal did a down under tour a few years back and it didnt generate anywhere near the attention. I didnt even go and see them, because friendly football matches silly. Im also not a celebrity whore who would get a kick out of seeing professional footballers in the flesh. Its been almost 5 years since I was at the Emirates. I would like to go back, but the way the team plays at present makes it really easy to pass up every time I get leave from work. I would rather watch an Ashes Test at Lords to be honest. At least I know my team will win that:)

Clash

Post by Clash »

My most hated teams:

1980s
Spurs
Liverpool
Luton
QPR

1990s
Spurs
Liverpool
Man Utd
Leeds Utd
Luton

2000s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Bolton
Leeds Utd
Luton

2010s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Stoke
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
PSG
Luton
Arsene FC 8)
MK Dons

2020s
Everyone

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:43 am
My most hated teams:

1980s
Spurs
Liverpool
Luton
QPR

1990s
Spurs
Liverpool
Man Utd
Leeds Utd
Luton

2000s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Bolton
Leeds Utd
Luton

2010s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Stoke
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
PSG
Luton
Arsene FC 8)
MK Dons

2020s
Everyone
No mention of the east end barrow boys mate. I fuc.king hate them. They were a complete bunch of cu.nts in the late 70s and 80s and I'm sure the older lads on here will have horrible memories of them from before that.

Like the inclusion of Luton and QPR, as they were annoying fu.ckers that we dropped points against on a frequent basis and that cup final in 1988 I have virtually erased from memory despite going to it. That said they were both easy to get to away fixtures and defying the Luton away fans ban was a laugh.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:43 am
My most hated teams:

1980s
Spurs
Liverpool
Luton
QPR

1990s
Spurs
Liverpool
Man Utd
Leeds Utd
Luton

2000s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Bolton
Leeds Utd
Luton

2010s
Spurs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Stoke
Man Utd
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
PSG
Luton
Arsene FC 8)
MK Dons

2020s
Everyone

Ha ha, like how you list gets longer and longer as you get older and grumpier mate :lol:

Like the fact Luton get a mention, they are on my list too

I take great pleasure in seeing the demise of clubs like Wrexham, Luton, and Bolton , who f*cked us over and deserve karma getting them in the end

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:54 am

No mention of the east end barrow boys mate. I fuc.king hate them. They were a complete bunch of cu.nts in the late 70s and 80s and I'm sure the older lads on here will have horrible memories of them from before that.

Like the inclusion of Luton and QPR, as they were annoying fu.ckers that we dropped points against on a frequent basis and that cup final in 1988 I have virtually erased from memory despite going to it. That said they were both easy to get to away fixtures and defying the Luton away fans ban was a laugh.
Fuck! :banghead: Great shout Jock. I definitely should have included West Ham - from the 80s onwards. My dad really hates them and lot of my friends and family support Millwall so I won't be showing this list to any of them any time soon :oops: :oops:

As Stuart noticed though, it was intended to start as a small list that grew and grew as I myself grew from and innocent(ish) boy into a cynical, grumpy old man 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:21 am

Ha ha, like how you list gets longer and longer as you get older and grumpier mate :lol:

Like the fact Luton get a mention, they are on my list too

I take great pleasure in seeing the demise of clubs like Wrexham, Luton, and Bolton , who f*cked us over and deserve karma getting them in the end
Absolutely right mate :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal fans of a certain vintage, well probably most fans of a certain vintage have a soft spot for Luton

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:14 pm
Arsenal fans of a certain vintage, well probably most fans of a certain vintage have a soft spot for Luton
Wtf

Pleat, 88 league cup final ( on my birthday) :evil: plastic pitch, away fan ban - any plenty good reasons to hate Luton.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:11 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:14 pm
Wtf

Pleat, 88 league cup final ( on my birthday) :evil: plastic pitch, away fan ban - any plenty good reasons to hate Luton.
Was trying sarcasm there...Everyone hated Luton Town for the reasons you mention and I will add in Steve Foster as even more justification for hating them.