Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
44%

Total votes: 100

markyp

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure?

Post by markyp »

I really dont see who the club could have brought in to turn around the fortunes ,I wanted ancelotti but he got out thought by Arteta and spanked by Frank,his cv is looking a little tarnished now and bearing in mind he took over an everton side who had become very bouyant under big duncs,could ancelotti really get anymore from our squad than arteta has? rodgers was muted too as an emery replacement, well leicester have been bang average since january!theyve won 3 games out of 12 apparently! Mourinho was another mentioned,looks like the jose love in is over already at spurs, look how many theyve lost .I put it to you arteta outers who do you think should be our manager right now and where do you think the club should be right now??it ok slating Arteta but it seems like you are expecting us to be playing like Barcelona with Allegri in charge having come from looking like the players had never met before let alone played together under emery

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:50 pm
I really dont see who the club could have brought in to turn around the fortunes ,I wanted ancelotti but he got out thought by Arteta and spanked by Frank,his cv is looking a little tarnished now and bearing in mind he took over an everton side who had become very bouyant under big duncs,could ancelotti really get anymore from our squad than arteta has? rodgers was muted too as an emery replacement, well leicester have been bang average since january!theyve won 3 games out of 12 apparently! Mourinho was another mentioned,looks like the jose love in is over already at spurs, look how many theyve lost .I put it to you arteta outers who do you think should be our manager right now and where do you think the club should be right now??it ok slating Arteta but it seems like you are expecting us to be playing like Barcelona with Allegri in charge having come from looking like the players had never met before let alone played together under emery
One thing we are absolutely aligned on - where are all the folk who were sucking Brenda's cock a few months back? A collapse that would make Wenger blush !!

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:

I'm sorry, but what ??? How the fcuk was he out thought by arteta ? We barely beat them and have (on paper) BY FAR the better players, so how the fcuk can you attribute that success as arteta schooling Ancelotti ?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm
markyp wrote:

I'm sorry, but what ??? How the fcuk was he out thought by arteta ? We barely beat them and have (on paper) BY FAR the better players, so how the fcuk can you attribute that success as arteta schooling Ancelotti ?
Agree with Augie on this one. Given Everton were 18th when he took over, and managed to overtake us three weeks ago, had we gained the same amount of points in the same time we'd be 4th. Everton have a squad that include walcott and iwobi. Two players not good enough for us. Everton were shocking at Chavski, that was the same team that should've beaten us two weeks ago. Simply, the Arsenal board didn't have the courage to pay a world class manager to do a job. I like what Arteta is doing but Ancellotti would have had us in the top 4 by now, and possibly still in Europe. There is not a single player in the everton squad I would want at Arsenal. Ancellotti as manager, with Arteta as head coach, is really what we should have in place.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Ornstein, a long time ago Maitland-Niles expressed a desire to not play at right-back as he favours a central midfield position. Arteta isnt receptive to players indicating where they want to play, they would play where they are told to play for the good of the team. https://t.co/coC3NqXnCw

Ornstein also says that Maitland-Niles has been late for a couple of training sessions & certainly Arteta wouldn’t like that given the discipline & behaviour & respect culture is so important to him. And some people around #Arsenal feel that he could be 'done for' at the club. https://t.co/bPwLYeCe8w

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:59 am
According to Ornstein, a long time ago Maitland-Niles expressed a desire to not play at right-back as he favours a central midfield position. Arteta isnt receptive to players indicating where they want to play, they would play where they are told to play for the good of the team. https://t.co/coC3NqXnCw

Ornstein also says that Maitland-Niles has been late for a couple of training sessions & certainly Arteta wouldn’t like that given the discipline & behaviour & respect culture is so important to him. And some people around #Arsenal feel that he could be 'done for' at the club. https://t.co/bPwLYeCe8w
"For the good of the team"

Can he please explain why he picks the Swiss turd for every game so

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

It translates into "I will be the big tough b.astard when it comes to being the hard line boss with the younger players, but my balls and dick will disappear when it comes to making tough decisions with the older experienced players" :roll: :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:58 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

It translates into "I will be the big tough b.astard when it comes to being the hard line boss with the younger players, but my balls and dick will disappear when it comes to making tough decisions with the older experienced players" :roll: :oops: :oops:
Hence Guendouzi and AMN out of favour (not that I give two shits about the latter), and Xhaka, Ozil, Lacazette and Mustafi all now leading lights of the team. I also read that he says Mkhitaryan still has a future when he returns......fuck me do we need another 180k per week waster on the books clogging up the squad

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm
markyp wrote:

We had played 3 times that week,were blowing out of our arses whilst everton had had a week off yet peps come man still beat Ancelotti, had that been the other way around youd have been calling for artetas head!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta has tested positive for Covid-19

shu

Post by shu »

That deserves a new topic post , blimey surely we won't have a team for two weeks

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Arsenal announce manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for the coronavirus https://t.co/yydjcmwYZR

Arsenal's full first-team squad and coaching staff will now self-isolate for two weeks.

Club concede they will not be able to fulfil certain fixtures.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

As I say it's getting farcical now and there is no way the season can finish

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 pm
BREAKING: Arsenal announce manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for the coronavirus https://t.co/yydjcmwYZR

Arsenal's full first-team squad and coaching staff will now self-isolate for two weeks.

Club concede they will not be able to fulfil certain fixtures.
Where does this leave us in terms of Saturday? If we have no manager and no first team squad, are we going to be allowed to call the game off or are we expected to field whoever we can find? Surely the FA and Premier League won't be as stupid as to force us to play or dock us three points if we cancel, like Middlesbrough did 20-odd years ago?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Breaking: Premier League will convene an emergency club meeting tomorrow morning regarding future fixtures after Mikel Arteta's positive #coronavirus test