CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by StuartL »

:oops:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

John F wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:15 am
What is the feeling over in Ireland about one part of the island having stricter restrictions then the North?.People must be crossing over on a daily basis.
It seems ludicrous on face value. There is division in Northern Ireland between the deputy First Minister and First Minister over the action to take..Seemingly Arlene Foster was taken by surprise by Varadakar's sweeping measures announcement. Maybe a coordinated approach cross border would have been better.
The point was made that two schools a few miles apart but divided by the border are in complete opposite to each other and commonsense says that is crazy.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuofficia ... c3NjA2MjU/

Makes sense.

Link not working but it’s a demonstration using a bucket of water explaining things quite well.

John F

Post by John F »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:37 am
John F wrote:
What is the feeling over in Ireland about one part of the island having stricter restrictions then the North?.People must be crossing over on a daily basis.
It seems ludicrous on face value. There is division in Northern Ireland between the deputy First Minister and First Minister over the action to take..Seemingly Arlene Foster was taken by surprise by Varadakar's sweeping measures announcement. Maybe a coordinated approach cross border would have been better.
The point was made that two schools a few miles apart but divided by the border are in complete opposite to each other and commonsense says that is crazy.
It does seem crazy .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm
I'd rather lpool win the pl than having a world changing event happen with thousands of deaths ffs
A lone voice of sanity....all a big joke until you or your family gets it

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

I'm not being funny but arlene foster needs to make up her mind cos she cant have it both ways (with a face like hers I doubt if she gets it any way :wink: ) - she was adamant all along the Brexit debate that that she wanted the north to stay a part of the uk and not be cut loose, so therefore she was surely going to be led by braindead boris rather than anything we were gonna do down in the south ?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 pm
Was supposed to be going to see Horslips tonite!! :banghead: Fucking postponed til December!
As in Barry Devlin's Horselips ? Blast from the past there.
The very same!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

I'm not being funny but arlene foster needs to make up her mind cos she cant have it both ways (with a face like hers I doubt if she gets it any way :wink: ) - she was adamant all along the Brexit debate that that she wanted the north to stay a part of the uk and not be cut loose, so therefore she was surely going to be led by braindead boris rather than anything we were gonna do down in the south ?
I live less than a mile from the border, the whole thing is ridiculous, loads of kids from the republic go to school in the north, so you’ve potentially got kids from the same family where some are off school and some aren’t!
Also loads of factories and businesses employ people from both sides of the border!
But I’m still trying to look on the positives of the corona virus! ie The mousers crlebrations being ruined no matter what the eventual outcome!
And the missus getting 4 months off work when the schools eventually close in the north :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:26 pm
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

I live less than a mile from the border, the whole thing is ridiculous, loads of kids from the republic go to school in the north, so you’ve potentially got kids from the same family where some are off school and some aren’t!
Also loads of factories and businesses employ people from both sides of the border!
But I’m still trying to look on the positives of the corona virus! ie The mousers crlebrations being ruined no matter what the eventual outcome!
And the missus getting 4 months off work when the schools eventually close in the north :barscarf:
Most of my work is in Belfast but I've told them I'm not coming up and keeping my head low for a while.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
John F wrote:

Most of my work is in Belfast but I've told them I'm not coming up and keeping my head low for a while.
I think a few of the big sites in Dublin have stopped us Nordys and anyone from other countries from working on them!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:36 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

I think a few of the big sites in Dublin have stopped us Nordys and anyone from other countries from working on them!
That's just because we hate Nordies! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:45 pm
Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.

Tonight the second in command to our beloved leader ( :roll: ) announced that Irish people on holidays in spain dont need to rush home tomorrow, but should look to get home by thursday - it's nice that he is giving them another 2 or 3 days to catch a virus that is rampant in spain right now :roll: This is a country (spain) that are shutting down their airspace to stop people coming into their country, and we are encouraging our people to stay for a few days longer :evil: :censored: All the pubs and hotels are closed from midnight tonight while these c.unts running our country are allowing selfish prix to go on hols to badly infected area's of the world and bring the virus back with them - hope every c.unt in our government gets absolutely riddled with the virus :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Well I hope you're ok mate and dont have it, or if you do, recover quickly.

I cancelled my night out on the town last night but have seen that my local pub was busy when I drove by.

I work for myself, fuck knows what I will do, I have cancelled jobs at large commercial properties in London.

Wishing you and your family all the best mate.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Well I hope you're ok mate and dont have it, or if you do, recover quickly.

I cancelled my night out on the town last night but have seen that my local pub was busy when I drove by.

I work for myself, fuck knows what I will do, I have cancelled jobs at large commercial properties in London.

Wishing you and your family all the best mate.
The uncertainty of it all is the worst part of it .Wish you all well...God knows when and in whatever shape we come out of this .