CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:20 pm
Many thanks for the kind wishes lads. I now have the symptoms of coughing, sore throat, fever and shallow breathing. Not life threatening by any means just a bit unpleasant. I've had worse man flu tbh. :wink:

My GP has now organised a public health team to call to my home to test me as a "probable" case. I'm self isolated in the spare room. Moved the PS4 in there with me and a pile of good books.

My mom was supposed to be visiting us for Paddy's day and I haven't seen her in about two months due to travelling with work so I'm major fucked off now she can't visit.

I'm gonna kill that idiot cùnt in work. :censored:
Jesus mate! Hope you are okay...Yes, there are some total idiots walking around sneezing and coughing no tissue/hand over mouth stuff...Just spraying it everywhere.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:
Witnessed it a few times in the past few days.

Fucking selfish *word censored*

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Keep taking the tablets and plenty of water preferably warm .Apparently it washes the virus to your stomach acid rather than your lungs.
Stay safe

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The Director at Aston Villa is stating firmly that Liverpool must be given the title and relegation be scrapped for the season. So basically looking after his end and making sure that the worlds biggest whiners will be 100% behind his "suggestion"

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Many thanks for the kind wishes lads. I now have the symptoms of coughing, sore throat, fever and shallow breathing. Not life threatening by any means just a bit unpleasant. I've had worse man flu tbh. :wink:

My GP has now organised a public health team to call to my home to test me as a "probable" case. I'm self isolated in the spare room. Moved the PS4 in there with me and a pile of good books.

My mom was supposed to be visiting us for Paddy's day and I haven't seen her in about two months due to travelling with work so I'm major fucked off now she can't visit.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, time for some late 80s/90s Arsenal rearguard resilience.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Drives me fucking mad when I hear about idiots like your work colleague . This type of recklessness causes serious illness or worse in others. You are a fit, healthy man so can survive this, but you unknowingly could pass it to an older relative who may not survive.
We had an attention seeker in our job who went home sick last Wednesday and put on the WhatsApp group on Thursday morning that he and his family were in quarantine. This caused mayhem in work until phone calls to said attention seeker got him to finally admit it wasn't true.
DB hope you are ok and the boredom doesn't get to you , I can get lots of rugby DVDs dropped to your house to help you pass the time. A few Ed Sheeran CDs
would surely help your recovery. An autobiography of some 23 year old former girl band member where every paragraph begins with " we were like" also on the way...
Take care bud.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Drives me fucking mad when I hear about idiots like your work colleague . This type of recklessness causes serious illness or worse in others. You are a fit, healthy man so can survive this, but you unknowingly could pass it to an older relative who may not survive.
We had an attention seeker in our job who went home sick last Wednesday and put on the WhatsApp group on Thursday morning that he and his family were in quarantine. This caused mayhem in work until phone calls to said attention seeker got him to finally admit it wasn't true.
DB hope you are ok and the boredom doesn't get to you , I can get lots of rugby DVDs dropped to your house to help you pass the time. A few Ed Sheeran CDs
would surely help your recovery. An autobiography of some 23 year old former girl band member where every paragraph begins with " we were like" also on the way...
Take care bud.
:lol: :lol:

All my favourite things!! :barscarf:

If the virus doesn't kill me that collection of shite would ! :D :wink:

Again thanks for the kind wishes lads but I am fine. 8)

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Looks like Paddys Day is still going ahead in the Gooner Valley, if you have to go out for a drink or two go to a pub with a beer garden & sit outside. Weather forecast is fine.

If I see a crowd I will be walking quickly away just as I did in the local supermarkets this morning!

Before anyone starts Boris Kemal & his clown show should have already acted like other countries have over the last few weeks & months.

As for the all those Baked Bean / Bog roll hoarders / supermarket locusts, the staff still serving food & drink without any disposable gloves & the Boris Kemal clown fan club who give the government credit for failing to ban all flights to & from London airports for the last month / plus not closing down schools & or even large public gatherings of people until a few days ago. I certainly won't be taking any advice from them.

Been pub once in the last month & been staying indoors apart from rare essential journeys. So I have been limiting social interaction more than most.

Looks like the last beer before the shitestorm begins!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:35 am
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Take care bud.

Fuckin knew it, you were that attention seeker weren't you :roll: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Take care bud.

Fuckin knew it, you were that attention seeker weren't you :roll: :lol:
Hey don’t get on at him, it’s a very worrying time for him and his kind.

He’s gone from grumpy to sneezy and isn’t used to having to change costumes so quickly.

NickF

Post by NickF »

As someone who runs a micropub the government advice that people should avoid pubs just leaves the industry in limbo - dwindling customers but unable to claim on business continuity insurance. At least with a mandatory shutdown we could.

We are not in as bad a position as some as we have enough money banked to survive a few months at least.

On another note get well soon DB10!

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Take care bud.

Stop ffs :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: That man has had more injuries over the years than diaby and Darren anderthon combined :coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Take care bud.

Only catching up on this thread now and am only finding out now that you caught the virus - am glad to hear that you are keeping well, and hopefully it wont put you out of action for long. Best wishes buddy

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Boris the Butcher's incompetence is worse than the virus.

Nevertheless, a plague is spreading throughout Europe, the powerful are turning their backs on us peasents and we're one week away from painting a red X on doors.

Time to party like it's 1348! :barscarf:

nb - In all seriousness lads, I hope you all stay safe and well. DB, I wish you a quick recovery. Anyone else isolating or suffering with it, I truest wish you all the best. Up the arse'! (only when you get better though :wink: ).

You want incompetence, try looking at our government - absolutely no consistency in their instructions and they are basing their whole plan on people being responsible enough to "self isolate", and in this braindead selfish world the chances of that being adhered to is close to zero. Even last night the government c.unts made a statement saying that from Thursday flights from Ireland will be greatly restricted ……….. not one word of restricting flights coming IN to Ireland :roll: To me it seems that even if people respect and follow the everyday instructions and greatly reduce the spread of the virus at a local level, one plane could arrive in the morning carrying 10 more infected people to spread the virus again :roll: :evil:

I cannot understand how the Irish people are not making a bigger issue on restricting flights in

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Worth a gander.

Wrighty in his element - and some legendary shirts there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrBSoRX_Qp8

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

That's a pisser - sorry to hear that you've caught the lurgy mate. Realistically heaps of us are going to catch it so you're probably better off getting it now while the authorities are still just about interested in individual cases. Best to get it out of the way and hopefully build up some immunity to it for the future.

That said, I'm much more concerned for the welfare of the public health team assigned to you. I hope you don't mind but I picked up the phone to give them the heads up about all the other nasty diseases you probably have. A waste of time apparently as you were already on their hitlist :lol: