CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Nos89 »

I work in retail and it has been nucking futs for the last 4 days. There has been verbal and physical abuse from customers towards staff because shelves are emptying out. It isn't the staff fault if there is no bog roll on the shelf. Some people's behaviour has been diabolical towards staff members.
The company has issued guidelines for staff that want or need to self isolate otherwise it is business as usual. Still got recruitment deadlines to meet and interviewing continues, as will inductions. We haven't been told otherwise. Also, no sign of lockdown for the food retailers.

I have not seen a shop this empty for nearly 20 years. It is a large supermarket.
For some reason no one seems to be buying bacon or lamb??? Yet beef, chicken, pork are all gone. Strange one

The local colleges and schools are now closing, so guess where the kids are going to start hanging out? Yep outside local supermarkets.
Hope everyone is staying safe and well, it's going to be a rocky few weeks.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 pm
Total lockdown here for the next 15 days. Need to print off an ‘Attestation’ from a govt. site if we want to leave the house and you can only do a bit of shopping or go to Docs etc. If police stop you and you don’t have an attestation it can be a €135 fine! No ‘fun’ outside the house! Totally understand it though, too many people ignoring advice and mixing in big groups!
So if you don’t have a printer you starve to death ?
I initially laughed at that but seriously what do people do if they can’t access the form online and/or print it off?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

:lol: They generously let you write it out by hand!! It’s not like we have anything better to do :lol: :lol:

Our business is selling online and 80% of our stuff goes to the USA but as we’re not classed as an essential business or workers we can’t take packages to the post office so we can’t earn a living.
Hopefully we’ll qualify for a government payout as a small business who is suffering!! :?

God knows what the old folk do who don’t have a computer or internet!!?? :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 pm
I work in retail and it has been nucking futs for the last 4 days. There has been verbal and physical abuse from customers towards staff because shelves are emptying out. It isn't the staff fault if there is no bog roll on the shelf. Some people's behaviour has been diabolical towards staff members.
The company has issued guidelines for staff that want or need to self isolate otherwise it is business as usual. Still got recruitment deadlines to meet and interviewing continues, as will inductions. We haven't been told otherwise. Also, no sign of lockdown for the food retailers.

I have not seen a shop this empty for nearly 20 years. It is a large supermarket.
For some reason no one seems to be buying bacon or lamb??? Yet beef, chicken, pork are all gone. Strange one

The local colleges and schools are now closing, so guess where the kids are going to start hanging out? Yep outside local supermarkets.
I work in a large supermarket too and am experiencing the same as you. It's absolutely crazy!! I've seen 2 bouts of fighting over toilet rolls and everyone is buying up the shit as fast as we can put it on the shelves. It's not as if these people are self isolating either, they're just buying because everyone else is.

I hope everyone who posts on here can survive this crisis without too much suffering in any shape or form.
Good luck all. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:

I work in a large supermarket too and am experiencing the same as you. It's absolutely crazy!! I've seen 2 bouts of fighting over toilet rolls and everyone is buying up the shit as fast as we can put it on the shelves. It's not as if these people are self isolating either, they're just buying because everyone else is.

I hope everyone who posts on here can survive this crisis without too much suffering in any shape or form.
Good luck all. :barscarf:
Can only see it getting worse as schools shut and we enter potential lockdown stage.

Stay safe and healthy everybody

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 People sent home from my office today.. :shock: :cry:

Fucckkk :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thing is we are on the very front line - if we close - it affects 100's :?

Seriously worried. :cry:

Good luck to you all, stay safe and get well soon.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:58 pm

And good luck yo you mate, where do you work and what do you do.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Don’t tell him onebard - he’s after your bog roll

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Damn, busted :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:36 pm
Best wishes to DB10 and Nut flush
Told to self isolate today for 12 weeks as I’m in high risk group
I work in a garage and see a lot of people so far I think I’m ok
Will be able to work from home to some extent
Take it easy mate, same situation as me. I am not over 60/70 but have to take immunosuppressants every day.

Coronavirus would not sit well with me if I caught it. Still stocking up on booze for a long summer ahead. BBQ in the garden for 2 methinks. Good your employer is being responsible about this.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Son and daughter both temporarily laid off their jobs yesterday..Thankfully both now living at home so no worries over rent etc. A lot of people in far worse situations.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:36 pm
Best wishes to DB10 and Nut flush
Told to self isolate today for 12 weeks as I’m in high risk group
I work in a garage and see a lot of people so far I think I’m ok
Will be able to work from home to some extent
Take it easy mate, same situation as me. I am not over 60/70 but have to take immunosuppressants every day.

Coronavirus would not sit well with me if I caught it. Still stocking up on booze for a long summer ahead. BBQ in the garden for 2 methinks. Good your employer is being responsible about this.
I'm 58 but have a condition thats affected my lungs have lost 25% capacity
and take tablets that weaken the immune system the virus would not be good for me
one director was very much its all hype don't know anyone who knows someone thats got it will only pay the SSP
not sure how that would work regarding whats in the contract of employment
the other director by chance is a friend of my hospital consultant the consultant contacted him Tuesday to send me home and to isolate for 12 weeks
I run the workshop and parts department doing a lot of the admin from home but that will drop off as future bookings are slowing already
will give me a chance to tinker with my motorbikes !

to everyone on here stay safe and take care

Gazza

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I run the workshop and parts department

Bikes or cars , just curious as I have a garage with stock from the small wholesale company that I ran before retirement.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good one.

Part of the Homeless Dept ( regular NTQ's & Evictions etc- to landlord/tenant disputes to Human Trafficking and Illegal Immigrants etc - so we deal with all ongoing, new and immediate street homelessness and released prisoners ... we are drowning not waving in normal times, now we are REALLY up against it... :?

Thing is 95% of the people we are in contact with day to day are high risk (Addicts/Alcoholics - with all the health issues those things bring)

another member of staff has phoned in with the symptoms ...it's getting desperate :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:

I was in a Tesco super Store on the way home from work last night and saw that.. this fucckCuntmoron shouting at this woman assistant on the till - he was trying to buy 12 of something and they are limited to 3 per person and he was going right off...I saw the plod arrive before I left - hopefully he was arrested for something AND given a Good Kickin' in the back of the van.

Something tells me it's going to be 'Months'

:?