CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gazzatt2

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by gazzatt2 »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 am
I run the workshop and parts department

Bikes or cars , just curious as I have a garage with stock from the small wholesale company that I ran before retirement.
its a 3 franchise car garage

if your garage is full up with 70's and 80's two stroke motorbikes and spares I'm your man :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:17 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:36 pm
Best wishes to DB10 and Nut flush
Told to self isolate today for 12 weeks as I’m in high risk group
I work in a garage and see a lot of people so far I think I’m ok
Will be able to work from home to some extent
Take it easy mate, same situation as me. I am not over 60/70 but have to take immunosuppressants every day.

Coronavirus would not sit well with me if I caught it. Still stocking up on booze for a long summer ahead. BBQ in the garden for 2 methinks. Good your employer is being responsible about this.
I'm 58 but have a condition thats affected my lungs have lost 25% capacity
and take tablets that weaken the immune system the virus would not be good for me
one director was very much its all hype don't know anyone who knows someone thats got it will only pay the SSP
not sure how that would work regarding whats in the contract of employment
the other director by chance is a friend of my hospital consultant the consultant contacted him Tuesday to send me home and to isolate for 12 weeks
I run the workshop and parts department doing a lot of the admin from home but that will drop off as future bookings are slowing already
will give me a chance to tinker with my motorbikes !

to everyone on here stay safe and take care

Gazza
It depends on what your companies sick pay policy is. I used to advise employers on Income Protection which sits hand in hand with SSP and other state benefits. I assume from what you say your employer doesn't offer such a scheme.

You need to check your employment contract, some employers will put you on full pay for a period of time before they place you on SSP. Others will just put you on SSP after 4 days.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:27 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
Take it easy mate, same situation as me. I am not over 60/70 but have to take immunosuppressants every day.

Coronavirus would not sit well with me if I caught it. Still stocking up on booze for a long summer ahead. BBQ in the garden for 2 methinks. Good your employer is being responsible about this.
and take tablets that weaken the immune system the virus would not be good for me
one director was very much its all hype don't know anyone who knows someone thats got it will only pay the SSP
the other director by chance is a friend of my hospital consultant the consultant contacted him Tuesday to send me home and to isolate for 12 weeks
I run the workshop and parts department doing a lot of the admin from home but that will drop off as future bookings are slowing already

Gazza
It depends on what your companies sick pay policy is. I used to advise employers on Income Protection which sits hand in hand with SSP and other state benefits. I assume from what you say your employer doesn't offer such a scheme.

You need to check your employment contract, some employers will put you on full pay for a period of time before they place you on SSP. Others will just put you on SSP after 4 days.
as im working from home I'm being paid at the moment

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:45 pm
Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.
Hope all okay DB10, sending big man hugs to help you feel better my friend.

3 of my friends have separately gone on holidays, which I think given the current climate is stupidity bordering on criminal negligence.

1 - you are going to be in a plane with 200 odd people, all breathing in and out the same air. A sure fire way to get infected.
2 - you have no idea what situation you are going to find at your holiday resort / hotel / airport - one has already posted they are confined to the hotel and only allowed to go to the supermarket ( some fucking holiday that is ) :roll:
3- - no guarantee that you will be able to get home - airlines going bust / countries closing borders & travel.

I fully expect these people to scream loudly and want the government to do something to repatriate them if they get stuck

Mindless, stupid, ignorance at its best. If the whole of Italy was on lockdown a week or so ago, you just know elsewhere will follow sooner rather than later.

As per my previous post, 1 of the aforesaid 3 is posting on Facebook about their flight home being cancelled and they may be stuck.

Wow, who would have thought it - rink stupidity but as a Chelsea fan, that’s taken as standard.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Anyballs I'm in self isolation because a fucking idiot on my project team was in Madrid on hols last week and came into work with symptoms.

The health service here is a confused mess. My GP cannot test me because I am not allowed go to the surgery. And there are not enough public health teams to test everyone at home that needs testing and as I am a healthy man I'm not in the high risk category. But I'm also not allowed to go back to work.

For how long am I to be isolated? They don't know. Maybe 5 days. Maybe 14 days. Complete mess.

3 of my friends have separately gone on holidays, which I think given the current climate is stupidity bordering on criminal negligence.

1 - you are going to be in a plane with 200 odd people, all breathing in and out the same air. A sure fire way to get infected.
2 - you have no idea what situation you are going to find at your holiday resort / hotel / airport - one has already posted they are confined to the hotel and only allowed to go to the supermarket ( some fucking holiday that is ) :roll:
3- - no guarantee that you will be able to get home - airlines going bust / countries closing borders & travel.

I fully expect these people to scream loudly and want the government to do something to repatriate them if they get stuck

Mindless, stupid, ignorance at its best. If the whole of Italy was on lockdown a week or so ago, you just know elsewhere will follow sooner rather than later.

As per my previous post, 1 of the aforesaid 3 is posting on Facebook about their flight home being cancelled and they may be stuck.

Wow, who would have thought it - rink stupidity but as a Chelsea fan, that’s taken as standard.

I work in an Irish Post Office and every day we are getting an updated list of countries where mail will not be delivered to - it is staggering to see all these countries (and there are loads of them) that have closed their borders, and yet we are at the mercy of people being responsible enough to travel cos our government wont close airports :roll: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Was watching sky news at lunchtime and could not believe that a uk government spokesman announced that there is zero chance of transport into and around London being closed :shock: :shock: I would have expected that the tube would have been closed long ago :shock: The uk government are looking even more blaise about this than we are, and this is coming from a guy who thinks that some of the steps we have taken are a bit too far

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I work in an Irish Post Office and every day we are getting an updated list of countries where mail will not be delivered to - it is staggering to see all these countries (and there are loads of them) that have closed their borders, and yet we are at the mercy of people being responsible enough to travel cos our government wont close airports :roll: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Was watching sky news at lunchtime and could not believe that a uk government spokesman announced that there is zero chance of transport into and around London being closed :shock: :shock: I would have expected that the tube would have been closed long ago :shock: The uk government are looking even more blaise about this than we are, and this is coming from a guy who thinks that some of the steps we have taken are a bit too far
They close the tube and loads of people aren't getting to work including front line staff many of whom have no parking availability at their work. If it comes to the tube being closed then we really are in the shit.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:27 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:

Gazza

as im working from home I'm being paid at the moment
Well thats the best outcome for you then.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

His Facebook post word for word

Fukcing chaos here! Seems Spanish government are set to pass a vote to close down all hotels from the 27th and it now is set to include self contained apartments like the ones we are staying in - although they are perfect isolation units!!

They are telling all Brits to get home before then but there are NO FLIGHTS!! Not sure what they are going to do! Make us homeless?

Need our government to support an airline to fly empty planes over here to repatriate British nationals. Anyone got any ideas that we might not have covered please message or comment. Please share. Thank you.

I’m sure the government can’t wait to jump to the rescue of selfish, irresponsible, idiots who carried on with their holidays, regardless of what was obviously going to happen elsewhere after Italy.

Is having no sympathy a bit harsh ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm
His Facebook post word for word

Fukcing chaos here! Seems Spanish government are set to pass a vote to close down all hotels from the 27th and it now is set to include self contained apartments like the ones we are staying in - although they are perfect isolation units!!

They are telling all Brits to get home before then but there are NO FLIGHTS!! Not sure what they are going to do! Make us homeless?

Need our government to support an airline to fly empty planes over here to repatriate British nationals. Anyone got any ideas that we might not have covered please message or comment. Please share. Thank you.

I’m sure the government can’t wait to jump to the rescue of selfish, irresponsible, idiots who carried on with their holidays, regardless of what was obviously going to happen elsewhere after Italy.

Is having no sympathy a bit harsh ?

I was just speaking to a mate whose cousin went out to Tenerife 10 days ago and is now wondering why they are stuck out there and can't get home.

These are the kind of idiots that we have to contend with as we try and get through this.......some people are just plain thick.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Hope everyone over there manages to get through this OK. I may be living in one of the safest places in Australia, Tasmania. A small Island of less than 600 thousand & at least the government have now closed the airports to overseas & most interstate travelers. If your returning you have to self isolate for 14 days. Only 10 have tested for the virus & 3 of those have recovered. All had arrived from overseas !.
Once again stay safe fellow gooners. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I don't work so it's not maki ng much difference to me so far , I e got a sainsburys delivery weekly for the next month and my kid goes to a special school so hes in there next week but mrs herd has been laid off so il have to put up with her moping round the house.
But I've seen uncle Wenger's fifa video and seen the queens message I'm overwhelmed and i' m so glad they care for us in these difficult times.
Good to see the community spirit come out ,all mucking In helping out ,next door neighbours from Belfast and recommended that if the army patrols come round here during lock down we should all rush out and bang our dustbin lids on the pavement to warn others.
I had to remind him we live in flats and noone has a dustbin,but it's the thought that counts.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Herds got Nordies living next door, that's almost as bad as Northerners LOL! :barscarf: :mrgreen:

Seriously stay safe everyone & make sure you check up & look after those who need a bit of help 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well I spoke too fecking soon ,I get a email at 0800 today telling me that 36 out of 53 items ordered are not coming . I have now been instructed by she who will be obeyed that I must scavenge the local shops for food . Sainsburys you cants.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You can't just blame Sainsbury's though , where I live people are pillaging the stillages as soon as the staff bring the stuff out to stack the shelves. Corner shops are using major supermarkets as warehouses buying the stuff and then doubling up prices .

augie

Post by augie »

My youngest lad's football manager has sent out text message that was sent out to all the big clubs in Dublin by Beaumount Hospital (one of biggest hospitals in Dublin) telling us that the virus is spreading fast via handles on petrol and diesel pumps, and the hospital has advised people to use gloves or paper towels when filling up your cars