CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by John F »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Coromavirus free man seeks coromavirus free woman with toilet paper.

Send pictures of toilet paper!
You may want to clarify not pre-used mate !
Is the shiny hard toilet paper allowed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Interview with Mikel Arteta today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pznu4N-U8gs

A really good interview, for me the guy oozes class and humility.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well if we're going down the make it up as you go along route or the conspiracy madness then its pretty certain that this virus was here back in november or December and that millions of people here have already had it and are now immune.

Midz

Post by Midz »

John F wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:19 pm
Coromavirus free man seeks coromavirus free woman with toilet paper.

Send pictures of toilet paper!
You may want to clarify not pre-used mate !
Is the shiny hard toilet paper allowed.
There's other types?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Drug dealers are still delivering ,one arrived for the guys across the road during the 8pm clap ,fucking hilarious !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Well if we're going down the make it up as you go along route or the conspiracy madness then its pretty certain that this virus was here back in november or December and that millions of people here have already had it and are now immune.
Leftie you seriously cant be that naive, for chemical and biological accidents in communist countries I refer you to the well documented case of Vozrozhdenia in what was the Aral sea...... :roll:

Explain to me why China is able to lift its quarantine and the rest of the world is still panicking about a vaccine...... :banghead:

You always want to see the best in any situation but sometimes the worst possible case or situation is a reality, China are now in a position to corner the market on tests and vaccines, not to mention food and other essentials whilst the rest of the developed world is utterly fucked, it may be tinfoil hat time but christ its awfully convenient wouldn't you say. How can they be so certain that they've beaten this when many of the rest of the worlds scientists are saying it could be up to a year for a viable vaccine with all the proper procedures followed and implemented to be produced :rubchin:

I genuinely hope you're right and there is nothing insidious in this but it wouldn't be the first time a totalitarian state has attempted to screw over the rest of us to benefit themselves

LeftfootlegendGooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:02 pm
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Leftie you seriously cant be that naive, for chemical and biological accidents in communist countries I refer you to the well documented case of Vozrozhdenia in what was the Aral sea...... :roll:

Explain to me why China is able to lift its quarantine and the rest of the world is still panicking about a vaccine...... :banghead:

You always want to see the best in any situation but sometimes the worst possible case or situation is a reality, China are now in a position to corner the market on tests and vaccines, not to mention food and other essentials whilst the rest of the developed world is utterly fucked, it may be tinfoil hat time but christ its awfully convenient wouldn't you say. How can they be so certain that they've beaten this when many of the rest of the worlds scientists are saying it could be up to a year for a viable vaccine with all the proper procedures followed and implemented to be produced :rubchin:

I genuinely hope you're right and there is nothing insidious in this but it wouldn't be the first time a totalitarian state has attempted to screw over the rest of us to benefit themselves
Mate I understand your pessimism I really do but you cannot believe one thing that comes out of China, not one.

From what I've read and heard they did start letting people back to work but they have had flare ups again.

I dont believe at all that their scientists are as good as ours or the rest of the developed world.

The Spanish flu killed tens of millions but was overcome.

All flu vaccines take time to manufacture, when Australia etc get a flu season we then have vaccines for that strain because of winter, summer opposites, it's been like that for decades.

I have a friend who is a top chemist (he's been on tv a few times) and he does go to China giving seminars (they wouldn't invite westerners if they were more advanced surely) and he has advised me of certain flu jabs that would help against covid19, he said we will have this exact vaccine soon so if that's not from an expert I dont know what is.

We will overcome this without a doubt.

Anyhow as I've said before stay safe and I hope we all come out of this healthy.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think that China needs to be asked United Nations or where ever to explain how this happened:

How ?

Was it a leak from a Laboratory ( we all know that all the major powers have labs where they make and test Germ/nerve agents for Warfare)

Was it from one of their disgusting Open Markets where dead and live animals are kept next to one another, in some case actually on top of one another in cages)

I believe that the UK/US/French and German governments have inside knowledge and information on this but it is being kept 'secret'

This should and can serve as a "WARNING" to humanity, and how an invisible entity/life form can cripple the Human Race's way of life. The financial impact of this on the world's economy - which is run to make 'Profit' will cause much suffering to the general populace world wide.

WE as a human race - ruling species - need to change how we have been abusing the planet and all other life forms - animals - the levels of pollutions and poisons - the animal testing - the way we treat animals and rip down forests (Amazon is disappearing day by day). WE have had it all too easy for far too long - Well, time for a Wake-Up call... and this could be it, so that it becomes a kind of Blessing in Disguise, at least before something even worse wipes out everyone.

Further deaths will follow for some years to come because of the even worse / deepening poverty caused, even after the so-called Peak/s - they are saying it will come around again in UK/Europe/West in Oct - Dec of this year.

The film Contagion is a very good description for what has happened and is happening - though the film was more Dramatic in how death/s occurred.

All kinds of rumours and theories are being bandied about: Bats biting/drinking blood and then an animal being bitten/infected - then slaughtered and cooked and so then passed on to humans etc

The doctor in China who first broke the silence on this was 36yrs of age and is now dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51403795

Did he die of the disease?

Was he silenced by the Chinese Government ?

China (the Government and President ) Need to be brought to book on the world stage on this and answer some very serious questions.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It would be quite naive to accept that this virus just sprung from nowhere and to take China's word as gospel is just as bad.

LeftfootlegendGooner

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm
It would be quite naive to accept that this virus just sprung from nowhere and to take China's word as gospel is just as bad.
So where did swine flu spring from.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Just to add H1N1 or swine flu killed between 150 odd thousand to 570 odd thousand in its first year, most deaths were of people under 65.

That started in America, there was nothing like this type of lockdown then.

The age of victims that virus killed would dispel the conspiracy that these modern viruses are spread deliberately to target the old as they are seen as a strain on world economies.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm
Just to add H1N1 or swine flu killed between 150 odd thousand to 570 odd thousand in its first year, most deaths were of people under 65.

The age of victims that virus killed would dispel the conspiracy that these modern viruses are spread deliberately to target the old as they are seen as a strain on world economies.
The difference now is social medi is a dose of shite

LeftfootlegendGooner

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm

The difference now is social medi is a dose of shite
Absolutely mate

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

""Fortunately, though the infection could be severe, it was not devastating in most cases. A study published in 2013 suggested between 123,000 and 200,000 people globally may have died as a result of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. (Stat reports june 112019.)""

And yes they were mainly in the younger age group . Theory has it that H1N1had been around in various forms and the older population had ""Herd Immunity ""
The original H1N1 started in Mexico apparently but many figures seem to vary considerably Possibly getting joined on with another Flu virus doing the rounds at the time H3N2 .

I don't know your age but I enjoy your jokes but this isn't one of them at the last count it was https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ if you refresh every now and again you can see the progress . However yes social media doesn't help in many things but this is real and we ignore it at our peril.

One day the truth of it's origins will out but until proven otherwise I will always be open to the idea that it is man made.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Hi all. Plea for help. I am one of the self-employed who will not be getting any assistance from the Government because I am 'unfortunate' to have started Self-Employment in the last year. There is no reason for this. 2019/20 returns can be done in a couple of weeks to prove earnings. They are also removing the penalties and giving an extra 4 weeks to anyone who is late and couldn't be bothered to submit their 2018/19 figures in January. So they can work their figures out, no problem, but not ours!
I have started a petition on Change.org and ask you all to sign and SHARE with as many as possible. Much appreciated to anyone who helps and keep safe everyone.

Please follow the link: http://chng.it/hzx9Jj7q