CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Herd »

On the subject of fruit picking its very hard work,I did it as a child to earn pocket money in Kent the garden of England a lot of pickers were Gypsys ,romany mainly and the whole family picked , hard working lovely people , I made a life long friend of one which turned out to be very useful living in Chatham at the time .
I don't understand why courts don't make young offenders do it as an alternative to prison ,6 weeks on a fruit pick will teach em a great deal about life !
In the meantime Hospitals are continuing to send patients into care homes unchecked ,its like chucking a hand grenade into waiting room !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:36 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:27 am
Originally posted this in the Basement but I think it fits here better maybe..... :wink:

Not only should Satan's Whore Hilarious Clinton commit suicide in shame but the entire Democratic party should do so as penance for handing the Presidency to a spoiled moronic manchild by nominating the singularly most hated woman in America to run against him. They could have put up a convicted peadeophile as a candidate and had a better chance of beating Trumptard, the fucking idiots.   :censored:
She easily won the popular vote by 2.9million over Trump, it was the undemocratic electoral college that voted him in afterwards. I don't like Killary Clinton either & reckon possibly she would have already started a war with Iran by now. :evil:

But Trump is even worse, :twisted: he's best mates with the medival Saudi regime whilst letting Israel rob more of West Jerusalem & the West Bank. So much for keeping out of trouble in the middle east as was his election pledge.

Sultan Boris Kemal or Tango man Trump, both terrible Barnets & a deadly danger to there own populations. :censored: :banghead:
2 things there: Firstly 2.9million is a drop in the ocean not a resounding endorsement. Second the Democrats knew the system they were working under. Them whining about the electoral colleges after the fact is not acceptable. Again, if they had put up almost anyone against the bald orange cùnt they would have had a landslide victory. Ffs there were lifelong Democrats that either didn't vote or in some cases voted FOR Trumptard because the other option was advocate of mass murder Satan's Whore Clinton!

This seems to be something of a trait with the left in both the UK and US. All they have to do is find a half sensible candidate to put up as their leader and they might just win. As you say in the US virtually any palatable liberal minded, hand wringing, soft as shite democrat would have beaten Trump so guess what they put up Hillary instead :lol: :lol: It speaks volumes that the bitch thought she could win when if she really wanted a democrat to win the presidency she could have done the decent thing and stepped aside. Then you end up with the likes of Bernie doing the rounds too :lol: :lol:

Over here the Blair creature showed how simple it is to be a leftie and win an election but then the morons took over and Ed rocks up with his bacon sarnie ensuring that the membership is comprised of nutty lefties who brought us Corbyn. You've gotta love 'em they just can't help themselves - you've got to doubt how serious they are about winning 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Didn't realise you were a Kent boy Herd? I was just down the road. Always a bit shit in Chatham, walk into a pub and it was like 'American Werewolf in London'......they all stopped and stared at you, often kicked off, not exactly a welcoming place back in the day!

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Great suggestion by Herd. :barscarf:

Prisoners all currently all locked up most of the day bored out of their heads trying to avoid the virus. Send 'em out fruit picking for a few months, pay 'em £5.00 p/h, & save half of their wages for when they leave prison. If they finish the job take time off their sentences as a bonus. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile don't forget we're all in this together! :blah:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... FGeCnCp-bI

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

15k up 7k in care homes why do I get the feeling with the exception of Piers Morgan, no one is holding the government to account.

Sky keep repeating a new documentary about the lockdown in Lombardo, yet they don't seem to be having the same hysterics closer to home.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:07 pm
15k up 7k in care homes why do I get the feeling with the exception of Piers Morgan, no one is holding the government to account.

Sky keep repeating a new documentary about the lockdown in Lombardo, yet they don't seem to be having the same hysterics closer to home.

Piers Morgan has always been about Piers Morgan and the man is without doubt a cu.nt of the highest order.

The care home situation is extremely sad and there is plenty of intelligent conversation on the subject without that big headed twat shoving his oar in. I have no problem with healthcare professionals and experts calling out the government and the more the merrier imo but Morgan needs to give it a rest.

Herd

Post by Herd »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:11 am
Didn't realise you were a Kent boy Herd? I was just down the road. Always a bit shit in Chatham, walk into a pub and it was like 'American Werewolf in London'......they all stopped and stared at you, often kicked off, not exactly a welcoming place back in the day!
I've lived all over this world ,Born UCH first residence 54 Drayton Park left for Chatham aged 5 ,lived there till 16 ,then back to London lived in the stow Camden harley street ,,new York and south woodford, back to new York,westport ct ,then several places in islington,singapore twice and currently in Hampstead.
Chatham was the hardest place ive ever lived in had 2 army regiments ,the navy, gypsy families and the dockers,as kids we would watch all the fights down the high street on a Saturday night and pick up the change they dropped whilst they got carted off by the ambulance, police,military police !
We drank in pubs aged abt 14 there were so many of them that the shittiest of them would let under aged boys drink light n mild .
I don't go back there very often !

shu

Post by shu »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:38 pm
There are good things to come out of this dreadful time!
Im enjoying late mornings, breakfast together with my family, gardening, even cutting the grass!
Most of all, my little 9 year old Donal, who has Downs Syndrome and is who is ensuring we will be exhausted but never bored!!
And a beer every nite :wink:
I hope you’re all managing well and staying healthy!!
Take care!!
Same mate, me and my two eldest have spent the last five days lifting the back lawn and we're about halfway through, we're spending 3 or 4 hours a day on it, it went to ratshit over the winter and was basically weeds and tree roots with no grass, never tried something like this before so its a steep learning curve but we're sort of enjoying it and it is surprisingly good exercise, i reckon i've lost a few kilos already... :rubchin:

Any gardiners on here with advice on how to level it properly without a roller :wink:
Gardening is very therapeutic, especially weeding as an hour will go by in what seems 20 mins!
On your lawn? heres my amateur but experienced advice!
If you’re re-laying your old lawn or laying new lawn, try to rake your soil to a fine tilth (like a crumble) then gently stamp it down to remove pockets under the soil, then rake again, repeat another couple of times, rake again until surface looks like a crumble, then lay your grass!
If sewing new grass , it’s basically the same process, just sprinkle seeds and rake them in, keep them watered, but late summet / autumn better for sewing new seed!
Good luck!
Ffs what has the world come too :D :idea:

shu

Post by shu »

Has anyone heard from Bard in the last few days ??? Hope he is ok

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Piers Morgan has always been about Piers Morgan and the man is without doubt a cu.nt of the highest order.

The care home situation is extremely sad and there is plenty of intelligent conversation on the subject without that big headed twat shoving his oar in. I have no problem with healthcare professionals and experts calling out the government and the more the merrier imo but Morgan needs to give it a rest.
Normally I would agree with you about Piers, but if you watch his interviews he is quite literally the only journalist that puts politicians to the sword. Don't think you can knock that.

In other news Arsenal players have agreed a 12.5% pay cut pending qualification for the CL or Europa League. Fair enough given its a cut rather than a wage deferral.

nut flush gooner

shu wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:51 pm
Has anyone heard from Bard in the last few days ??? Hope he is ok
+1 Would be great to hear he is ok.

augie

Post by augie »

Shocking to hear that boris Johnson didn't bother going to first 5 meetings on how to deal with the virus :roll: If anyone ever needs to ask why it got out of hand in the uk, just look to the arrogant cock who was dismissive about the virus until it was too late

NickF

Post by NickF »

I was reading over the weekend that they are actually having anti-lockdown protests in the US. This is the country with the largest number of cases and deaths.

Seems to me that some just won't understand this until their friends and family start dropping dead...

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And then :-
Coronavirus: Government rejects Sunday Times claims in unusual 2,000-word rebuttal
In an unusual move, Number 10 picked apart the allegations one by one - describing elements as "plainly untrue" and "ridiculous".

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:32 am
I was reading over the weekend that they are actually having anti-lockdown protests in the US. This is the country with the largest number of cases and deaths.

Seems to me that some just won't understand this until their friends and family start dropping dead...

Apparently it is the first time in American history where a sitting president has encouraged civil disobedience :roll: :oops: :oops:

Honestly I was in total agreement with DB10 when he blamed the democrats for allowing trump to be elected by choosing hilary clinton to run against him, but honestly there will be no excuse WHEN the americans vote trump back in for a second term :oops: :oops: He is the most egotistical c.unt ever allowed into politics anywhere, and the total disrespect that he shows journo's who dare question him, is an absolute disgrace. Do not be one bit surprised if he tries to fight the legislation banning any president serving no more than 2 terms in power - he is trying to rewrite laws all over the place, and I am half expecting him to challenge the rights of the constitution banning a person a 3rd term