ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:32 am
The athletic and the Mail are both saying we are a realistic option for Lingaard if he leaves Man Utd in the summer. If we sign this c.unt then I am done with Arsenal forever!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I think that will be it for me too - he is another c.unt that is all about his image but my issue with signing him would be the fact that he is utter dogshite :roll: Zero goals and zero assists in over a year for an attacking midfielder is scandalous, and he would make some of our previous shit players like the armenian pussy and lard arse iwobi seem like messi in comparison :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:32 am
The athletic and the Mail are both saying we are a realistic option for Lingaard if he leaves Man Utd in the summer. If we sign this c.unt then I am done with Arsenal forever!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I think that will be it for me too - he is another c.unt that is all about his image but my issue with signing him would be the fact that he is utter dogshite :roll: Zero goals and zero assists in over a year for an attacking midfielder is scandalous, and he would make some of our previous shit players like the armenian pussy and lard arse iwobi seem like messi in comparison :oops: :oops:
I cannot believe we are being linked with this snide rat faced useless diving bitch. :shock: :censored:

What the fuck is it with us picking up and overpaying other clubs' cast off shite ffs? :oops: :roll: :x

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Doesn't Kroenke sponsor Bargain Hunters. ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just a quick break from all things Coronavirus - original article in the Athletic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... sktop_news

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol: :oops: :lol:

Gilberto living up to his image as the shambling drunken wreck he looked like in his last season with us.

The new Vieira? EL Numpty wasn't even the new Hillier ffs. :roll: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/22/david-lu ... -12596738/

Good, go soon please.

I have to admit that when he first signed I thought he'd be a good signing but I didn't realise how error-prone he was.
He's ok but can make the stupidest mistakes that cost you a match so if he wants to go back to Benfica they should encourage it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am
https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/22/david-lu ... -12596738/

Good, go soon please.

I have to admit that when he first signed I thought he'd be a good signing but I didn't realise how error-prone he was.
He's ok but can make the stupidest mistakes that cost you a match so if he wants to go back to Benfica they should encourage it.
I was against his signing even when it was a rumour. Not only is he very error prone he is as thick as shite and does some completely braindead stuff like reaching out and pulling an oppo player's jersey in the box right under the refs nose. And often when there is no need and under no pressure. He's a clown. Fuck him. Good riddance.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Must admit, I’m getting a little worried that saka is entering the final year of his contract :|

Not even a 2 month break from football has managed to get the lad signed up Long term. :?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:36 am
Must admit, I’m getting a little worried that saka is entering the final year of his contract :|

Not even a 2 month break from football has managed to get the lad signed up Long term. :?
This Is harsh on a young lad but if he doesn't sign then leave him to rot in the reserves for the final year.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:36 am

This Is harsh on a young lad but if he doesn't sign then leave him to rot in the reserves for the final year.

He is one of the few positives in our side so we are going to have to pay him what he is worth if we are to keep him. I see the papers have him currently on £3k per week with the club looking at a new contract of £30k per week. In the current era that is maybe selling him a bit short but we'll see, hopefully he will sign. It would have been prudent of the club to offer him a raise when he started to do a job for us as a bit of a sweetener pending the new deal. Would it have hurt to stick him on £10k per week for a few months as a reward for doing as well as he had done.

When you look at that useless piece of work Kolasinac pulling down £120k per week for just being shit and KT is on £75k per week then if I was Saka's agent I'm not sure if I'd be advising him to sign for £30k per week especially if any of the reports about the allegedly interested clubs are genuine. I wouldn't stick him in the reserves to rot as if the club low ball him on the new deal then given the fact that we are going nowhere over the next 3, 5, 10 years (pick a number!) then put in that position he is quite entitled to tell the club to do one.

The obvious lead on from that is Martinelli who is also reputedly on £10k per week and has already seen interest from Spain. If we are cheapskates with our future prospects then we will lose them.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ronavirus/

Well there you go. the article could or could not be BS however it's probably true so don't anyone get excited about building a stronger squad because we'll be stuck with most of the same shit we've had for years. We might even lose a few. Enjoy mid table glory.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Midz wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:31 pm
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ronavirus/

Well there you go. the article could or could not be BS however it's probably true so don't anyone get excited about building a stronger squad because we'll be stuck with most of the same shit we've had for years. We might even lose a few. Enjoy mid table glory.
Ticket prices should reflect that decision so

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I still think bringing back Cesc Fabregas on a two-three year deal would improve this team. The experience and leadership he would bring back to the club would be invaluable. He can still play a bit too. A player like him becomes better with age and experience. He would be able to guide the talented group of youngsters into becoming winners. I look at players of his ilk through the ages Hoddle, Gary McAlister and look at DB10 influence during his 30's, they helped teams win things and improve their standarsds. He's still an Arsenal man and a player that would fit in with Arteta's vision. I'd have in ahead of any of our current midfielders. Intelligent footballers don't get worse in their 30's, they get better.
To this day I believe had wenger picked up the phone and said he wanted him back when leaving Barcelona we would have won two more league titles. Especially, the 2015/16 tile.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That was never going to happen
Hell hath no fury like a Wenger scorned.

He is only 33 , talented and a natural captain . Only 18 months older than Ozil I would be up to it.