Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Arsenal players pay cut / club financial losses? Merged thread.

Post by Jock Gooner »

Good on Ozil. He hasn't said no he has simply questioned why it's a pay cut and not a pay deferral which he is perfectly entitled to do.

Surely the club could have offered a deferral option until such times as things become a bit clearer instead of proposing an option based on european qualification etc.

As for Piers Morgan sticking his nose in, well he has always been a cu.nt. He was a cu.nt when he was in newspapers. He is a cu.nt on tv. He was no doubt that kid at school that nobody liked because he was a cu.nt then too. From birth to death the man is a cu.nt. I find it eternally embarrassing that he is an Arsenal fan.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:28 pm
Good on Ozil. He hasn't said no he has simply questioned why it's a pay cut and not a pay deferral which he is perfectly entitled to do.

Surely the club could have offered a deferral option until such times as things become a bit clearer instead of proposing an option based on european qualification etc.

As for Piers Morgan sticking his nose in, well he has always been a cu.nt. He was a cu.nt when he was in newspapers. He is a cu.nt on tv. He was no doubt that kid at school that nobody liked because he was a cu.nt then too. From birth to death the man is a cu.nt. I find it eternally embarrassing that he is an Arsenal fan.
I have it on very good authority that when Morgan was born the midwife jumped back in alarm and when a doctor asked what was wrong she replied "sorry doctor I thought for a moment this woman had a double vagina".

Midz

Post by Midz »

Jock Gooner wrote:

It's unlikely he'll be getting an invite to your BBQ then?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:40 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

I have it on very good authority that when Morgan was born the midwife jumped back in alarm and when a doctor asked what was wrong she replied "sorry doctor I thought for a moment this woman had a double vagina".

:lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

It's unlikely he'll be getting an invite to your BBQ then?

He'll be going on the bbq after I've kicked the cu.nt round the garden a few times 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

No matter what you think about Piers, he's right about pulling politicians up no one else is. And he's right about Ozil as well.

The prick DT from AFTV tried to justify Ozils salary saying he paid 45% tax so he actually contributes about £8m into the treasuries coffers. Does he fuck, he's using image rights just like every other footballer to mitigate his tax liability.

For me, two wrongs don't make a right. He's overpaid as it is, nearly all of his teammates took the cut and didn't complain and he comes out as saying he wants to look at Arsenals finances. When have you ever seen an employee of any company want to see their financials before they take a salary cut? Most people would be out the door.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Out of interest have season ticket holders been offered their money back yet for the remaining fixtures? Would seem a touch hypocritical of the club to expect players to take a pay cut for not playing or whatever bullshit reason they are saying but then not give the ticket money back for the remaining fixtures when fans can use the exactly the same reason for the refund :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:18 am
No matter what you think about Piers, he's right about pulling politicians up no one else is. And he's right about Ozil as well.

The prick DT from AFTV tried to justify Ozils salary saying he paid 45% tax so he actually contributes about £8m into the treasuries coffers. Does he fuck, he's using image rights just like every other footballer to mitigate his tax liability.

For me, two wrongs don't make a right. He's overpaid as it is, nearly all of his teammates took the cut and didn't complain and he comes out as saying he wants to look at Arsenals finances. When have you ever seen an employee of any company want to see their financials before they take a salary cut? Most people would be out the door.
1. I think Piers is a cu.nt - just for the sake of clarity.

2. If I was being asked to take a pay cut by an organisation with cash reserves in excess of £100M, based on an unknown period (but possibly 3 month) suspension of work, then I would have a bit of a think about my reply. I would want to look at a deferral option first especially if the season does get going again in May/June. We all know he's a waste of money but that isn't the point and doesn't mean he's got to immediately fall in line with a quick money saving scheme from the club. This is not the same deal as an employee taking a salary cut / being shown the door at the end of the day.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 am
Out of interest have season ticket holders been offered their money back yet for the remaining fixtures? Would seem a touch hypocritical of the club to expect players to take a pay cut for not playing or whatever bullshit reason they are saying but then not give the ticket money back for the remaining fixtures when fans can use the exactly the same reason for the refund :rubchin:
:coffeespit:

Do you need 3 guesses mate ?? :lol:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:17 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

2. If I was being asked to take a pay cut by an organisation with cash reserves in excess of £100M, based on an unknown period (but possibly 3 month) suspension of work, then I would have a bit of a think about my reply. I would want to look at a deferral option first especially if the season does get going again in May/June. We all know he's a waste of money but that isn't the point and doesn't mean he's got to immediately fall in line with a quick money saving scheme from the club. This is not the same deal as an employee taking a salary cut / being shown the door at the end of the day.
There's a difference between having money in the bank and being a profitable entity. Its inevitable Arsenal will post a heavy loss this accounting year with coronavirus being one reason and our league standing another. Just because wiggy has his fingers in many pies with great wealth that doesn't give Ozil the right to veto a pay cut. Everyone in this country will suffer financially as a result of the incoming recession, so footballers shouldn't be financially immune. I'm not particularly interested in what other clubs do tbh.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:59 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

There's a difference between having money in the bank and being a profitable entity. Its inevitable Arsenal will post a heavy loss this accounting year with coronavirus being one reason and our league standing another. Just because wiggy has his fingers in many pies with great wealth that doesn't give Ozil the right to veto a pay cut. Everyone in this country will suffer financially as a result of the incoming recession, so footballers shouldn't be financially immune. I'm not particularly interested in what other clubs do tbh.
No income from season tickets at this time of year is going to be crucial to most clubs and we are no exception.
The transfer window will be pretty much dead - the £ will be needed to keep the whole club alive not splash our on a dandy, who wears bright pink boots.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

There is a huge difference between 'normal' businesses and top tier PL clubs and ultimately the club's profitability is not really Ozil's concern. The money in the bank, built up over the better years, is now being used to cover future payments due and to offset trading losses not to invest in the future. The club has run a trading loss for a number of years but then transfer income favourably adjusts the position to an apparent profit. Who knows....by the time the league is concluded and we sell Auba, buying a replacement for half his value, the books may not look quite as bad. However, if they do then we will simply continue in the direction that wiggy has taken us and his investment devalues.

Trading is over a full financial year so until we have a better handle on how much Covid-19 is going to affect the club's finances I don't have a problem with Ozil holding off a decision. He is contracted to the club so of course he has a legal right to veto a pay cut that's just a fact. Strange how the other players who didn't immediately agree to the "voluntary" 12.5% pay cut haven't been publicly named too. As far as I'm aware Ozil hasn't outright turned down the club's "offer" so it maybe a bit premature to judge his actions which is why I take take the view that I do.

As far as the actions of other clubs go, I would suggest that they are likely to provide a better benchmark than the current bunch of fuckwits in charge of our club. The bottom line is that it was Matt Hancock who decided to politicize footballers wages so if I was Herr Ozil I would be tempted to tell him to keep his big fucking nose out of things which don't concern him and to get on with his own job of putting NHS workers lives at risk through a lack of PPE.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

There is a huge difference between 'normal' businesses and top tier PL clubs and ultimately the club's profitability is not really Ozil's concern. The money in the bank, built up over the better years, is now being used to cover future payments due and to offset trading losses not to invest in the future. The club has run a trading loss for a number of years but then transfer income favourably adjusts the position to an apparent profit. Who knows....by the time the league is concluded and we sell Auba, buying a replacement for half his value, the books may not look quite as bad. However, if they do then we will simply continue in the direction that wiggy has taken us and his investment devalues.

Trading is over a full financial year so until we have a better handle on how much Covid-19 is going to affect the club's finances I don't have a problem with Ozil holding off a decision. He is contracted to the club so of course he has a legal right to veto a pay cut that's just a fact. Strange how the other players who didn't immediately agree to the "voluntary" 12.5% pay cut haven't been publicly named too. As far as I'm aware Ozil hasn't outright turned down the club's "offer" so it maybe a bit premature to judge his actions which is why I take take the view that I do.

As far as the actions of other clubs go, I would suggest that they are likely to provide a better benchmark than the current bunch of fuckwits in charge of our club. The bottom line is that it was Matt Hancock who decided to politicize footballers wages so if I was Herr Ozil I would be tempted to tell him to keep his big fucking nose out of things which don't concern him and to get on with his own job of putting NHS workers lives at risk through a lack of PPE.
Arsenal only has "cash balances" because of the way they conduct their transfer business, I do agree with that. But don't forget we are paying instalments for the likes of Pepe, so that can create an illusion that we are more flush than we really are.

From the last accounts its £167m, which for a big club really isn't that much maybe 2 marquee signings. The club lost £32 million last year. I can't see them doing anything but posting another loss, possibly more based on our current league position. Ozil's salary represents more than £1 in £10 that Arsenal has in the bank, sorry there's no way I am allowing someone like Ozil to hold the club to ransom. In all honesty, if it pisses him off so much that he fucks off to another club, so be it.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Arsenal only has "cash balances" because of the way they conduct their transfer business, I do agree with that. But don't forget we are paying instalments for the likes of Pepe, so that can create an illusion that we are more flush than we really are.

From the last accounts its £167m, which for a big club really isn't that much maybe 2 marquee signings. The club lost £32 million last year. I can't see them doing anything but posting another loss, possibly more based on our current league position. Ozil's salary represents more than £1 in £10 that Arsenal has in the bank, sorry there's no way I am allowing someone like Ozil to hold the club to ransom. In all honesty, if it pisses him off so much that he fucks off to another club, so be it.

Apparently after you factor in player transfers / payments we are down to below the £100M figure for cash reserves. Like it or not Ozil is looking at that, the unused £50M bank facility, throw in one more season of silly money, no chance of a new contract and he thought fuck it Stan can afford it.

However, I admire your refusal to allow Ozil to hold the club to ransom and in that case very much look forward to seeing you on the news sometime soon. Just remember to watch out for Kolasinac when you make your move :lol:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Apparently after you factor in player transfers / payments we are down to below the £100M figure for cash reserves. Like it or not Ozil is looking at that, the unused £50M bank facility, throw in one more season of silly money, no chance of a new contract and he thought fuck it Stan can afford it.

However, I admire your refusal to allow Ozil to hold the club to ransom and in that case very much look forward to seeing you on the news sometime soon. Just remember to watch out for Kolasinac when you make your move :lol:
Stan's other business interests have nothing to do with Ozil do they? Walmart aren't responsible for paying his wages because they are the biggest supermarket in the world. You can't look at the man at the helm of multiple businesses over the club that employs him. If Ozil is looking at cash in the bank he has no understanding about how businesses work. That cash in the bank is being depleted every day just to allow the club to carry on with everyday business.