RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: RIP Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:14 am
StuartL wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Dave Bacuzzi - former Arsenal player ( must admit I’ve never heard of him :oops: :oops: )

May be better known to our Irish contingent as he had links to Home Farm &. Cork Hibernians.

Write up from .com

https://www.arsenal.com/news/dave-bacuzzi
Bacuzzi ended up in the travel business in Ireland I think..I remember him managing the now defunct Cork Hibernian and Home Farm..Guy I work with played under him for Home Farm , said Bacuzzi had the strongest legs he ever saw In football.
Read an article about him the other say after his death was announced. Apparently when Cork Hibernian wanted him they contacted his agent (I presume) who in turn telegraphed Bacuzzi. However a typo on the telegraph said Cork Island instead of Cork Ireland and Bacuzzi thought he was off to somewhere exotic.
:lol: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Trevor Cherry passed away April 29th - aged 72, that’s 2 in a week for ex Leeds players.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Dave Greenfield, the Stranglers keyboard player has passed away after contracting covid 19.
R.I.P. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:02 pm
RIP Theo Foley :( :(

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/news/t ... d=msedgntp
Sad :cry: he was an integral part of our success under George, was loved by the crowd nearly as much as the players - he even had his name chanted during warm ups etc.

Top man Theo :barscarf: thank you for all you done to put AFC back on top :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP Ennio Morricone. Genius.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:23 am
RIP Ennio Morricone. Genius.
+1
his music enhanced so many films

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Big Jack Charlton RIP

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP Big Jack.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

RIP Peter Green , guitarist supreme , co founder of Fleetwood Mac . Aged 73 . Used to see him on the North London circuit with John Mayall and Eric Clapton . Used to play Albatross at bedtime . Just purely relaxing and restful .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

R.I.P Peter.

A "Genius" on Guitar and song writer.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

John Hume RIP

Herd

Post by Herd »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:26 am
John Hume RIP
Indeed not sure about the |Irish contingent on here think but for me he was one of the few men of real peaceful intent and integrity during the troubles !

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:00 pm
goonersid wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:26 am
John Hume RIP
Indeed not sure about the |Irish contingent on here think but for me he was one of the few men of real peaceful intent and integrity during the troubles !
Undoubtedly!
Statesman, Ambassador, Peacemaker, The greatest Derry man to have ever lived and arguably one of the greatest Irishmen!
In the darkest days of the troubles, with Republican and Unionist terrorists, the RUC and the British Army, murdering thousands of people, uncondemned and indeed supported by many of the main political parties, John Hume and his party, never yielded from their stance on violence.
He was threatened and subjected to disgraceful and untrue accusations about his family life, from Republican sources!
He always rose above it and is the reason, Derry never became a Sinn Fein stronghold!
He suffered from dimentia for many years and sadly never really got to enjoy and appreciate not only the peace, but the transformation of the Derry that he loved and represented with such dignity.

Herd

Post by Herd »

It was very difficult to glean the truth in those times. I didn't have any northern irish contacts .The British press towed the Government line for too many years until the links between the RUC British government and the unionist murder squads couldn't be ignored anymore.