Season Ticket Advice (20/21)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Justinsaid

Season Ticket Advice (20/21)

Post by Justinsaid »

After a number of years on the waiting list, I have finally been offered the chance to buy 2 season tickets. The guy offering them was very firm that it is only possible have these seated in the upper tier for at least a season and then we can try to move them at the end of the season.

I would much prefer lower tier as its cheaper, I have a couple of friends already in the LT and the atmosphere is just generally better.

Does anyone know if its possible to get lower tier season tickets in your first season or if we do get upper tier for the first season, how likely it is we will be able to move down at the end of the seaon?

Block93

Re: Season Ticket Advice (20/21)

Post by Block93 »

That's interesting they have been in touch. Unless I have missed something, I have had no communication at all regarding my season ticket renewals - I know that they obviously can't make any decisions yet, but a general update on the situation would be helpful.

Therefore, perhaps they are releasing some 'match by match' tickets, to potentially generate some income?

Given that they will have to refund all outstanding games this season, and conceivably into the beginning of next (if rules on mass gatherings are maintained), and don't even know if the team will be in Europe, it is an almost impossible situation.

They must be wondering if there is any way they can avoid having to refund for this season. Not sure after the performances to date that ST holders will take the hit voluntarily.

'

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

In normal times the guy you are speaking to is talking absolute shit. When it comes to renewal after your first year you can apply to move seats but there is usually too much demand from people looking to switch from UT to LT pricing and as far as I'm aware you'd be at the back of the queue having had the ST for just one season at that point.

I can certainly understand your position from a price point of view. From an atmosphere point of view I'm afraid it doesn't really make that much difference where you sit these days. We are in the Clockend Upper and there is a decent enough atmosphere in there and a far better view of the game.....although in recent years that hasn't always been a plus.

How much did the guy say the ticket would cost and is it definitely available to purchase right now?

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:01 pm
In normal times the guy you are speaking to is talking absolute shit. When it comes to renewal after your first year you can apply to move seats but there is usually too much demand from people looking to switch from UT to LT pricing and as far as I'm aware you'd be at the back of the queue having had the ST for just one season at that point.

I can certainly understand your position from a price point of view. From an atmosphere point of view I'm afraid it doesn't really make that much difference where you sit these days. We are in the Clockend Upper and there is a decent enough atmosphere in there and a far better view of the game.....although in recent years that hasn't always been a plus.

How much did the guy say the ticket would cost and is it definitely available to purchase right now?

I cant agree with that Jock cos for me the atmosphere in the lower tier is much, much better. The two exceptions I would say though is (a) the day the cashley c.unt made his return and cesc went to do him in injury time when we were 1 up (b) the game against the scum when we scored 2 goals in quick succession (cesc waltzed by their defenders for the 2nd 8) ) on our way to beating those pikey c.unts. When cesc's goal went in that day, I swear to god the whole East Stand shook and I thought that it was gonna collapse under us

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:43 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

I cant agree with that Jock cos for me the atmosphere in the lower tier is much, much better. The two exceptions I would say though is (a) the day the cashley c.unt made his return and cesc went to do him in injury time when we were 1 up (b) the game against the scum when we scored 2 goals in quick succession (cesc waltzed by their defenders for the 2nd 8) ) on our way to beating those pikey c.unts. When cesc's goal went in that day, I swear to god the whole East Stand shook and I thought that it was gonna collapse under us

Christ Augie, how long is it since you've been over on a regular basis. The atmosphere in the place is crap all round the ground. You can't hear the NB for large parts of the game and 90% of the time it's that dreary drawn out 'Arsenal' chant that you hear. The CE is just as bad for starting that dross though in fairness. There are odd games when the whole place gets going but in recent times there has only been the scum game and AM that have had the place bouncing. We often go for a bit of a wander in the second half and have literally sat all around the ground and there is nothing particularly good about any part these days. Anyone claiming otherwise either has their redtinteds on or is talking complete and utter shite.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 pm
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Christ Augie, how long is it since you've been over on a regular basis. The atmosphere in the place is crap all round the ground. You can't hear the NB for large parts of the game and 90% of the time it's that dreary drawn out 'Arsenal' chant that you hear. The CE is just as bad for starting that dross though in fairness. There are odd games when the whole place gets going but in recent times there has only been the scum game and AM that have had the place bouncing. We often go for a bit of a wander in the second half and have literally sat all around the ground and there is nothing particularly good about any part these days. Anyone claiming otherwise either has their redtinteds on or is talking complete and utter shite.

Fair point Jock - am thinking of the better days gone by :( :(

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

Jock Gooner wrote:

He did not give me any prices, just said that i am at the front of the queue and will definitely have the opportunity to purchase one in July. He was just calling to check I was still interested.

We have exchanged a few emails and he has made it 100% clear that it is not possible to get LT season tickets in the first year and when pressed dodged the question of how long to wait before being able to move downstairs.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 pm
augie wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Fair point Jock - am thinking of the better days gone by :( :(

I did suspect that was the case when you were citing games that were from about a decade ago :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Justinsaid wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:34 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

He did not give me any prices, just said that i am at the front of the queue and will definitely have the opportunity to purchase one in July. He was just calling to check I was still interested.

We have exchanged a few emails and he has made it 100% clear that it is not possible to get LT season tickets in the first year and when pressed dodged the question of how long to wait before being able to move downstairs.

I know a couple of folk who have picked up STs in the last few years and what you describe is the standard approach from the club. One guy was told exactly what you were but said to the box office bloke that he had his credit card ready to go and the deal was done there and then - no waiting to see what would happen later. He wasn't at the front of the queue and thought he was somewhere in the 5,000 - 8,000 bracket of the ST waiting list so at the end of the day despite the list money talks. There are lots of people who fart about and won't commit to a ST and/or can't afford it when they are in a position to get one. Do you know where you are in the waiting list?

Bottom line is there is no guarantee of LT in year 2.....although if it is just you looking to move on your own you might have a better chance of picking off a single seat. If they still let you defer a year and it is just one ST for you then you could hold out and insist on LT or defer.....they are also looking to sell the more expensive ST options first if they can.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Justinsaid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I get the feeling the guy's job is to sell season tickets in the upper tier which most games this season has had large swathes of empty seats. Given the times we live in, it wouldn't be a surprise to see a lot of season ticket holders duck out of buying next years ticket especially if we are on the cusp of a second wave. Whether that means more available in the lower tier I don't know, but personally I would be playing hard to get. Arsenal have lost a lot of season ticket holders lately, I doubt the waiting list is anywhere near 10 years now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:54 pm
Justinsaid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I get the feeling the guy's job is to sell season tickets in the upper tier which most games this season has had large swathes of empty seats. Given the times we live in, it wouldn't be a surprise to see a lot of season ticket holders duck out of buying next years ticket especially if we are on the cusp of a second wave. Whether that means more available in the lower tier I don't know, but personally I would be playing hard to get. Arsenal have lost a lot of season ticket holders lately, I doubt the waiting list is anywhere near 10 years now.
This ^^. If it were me I'd play hard to get and tell him exactly what I want. We are in a buyers market right now I reckon.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Justinsaid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

This ^^. If it were me I'd play hard to get and tell him exactly what I want. We are in a buyers market right now I reckon.

One thing to bear in mind Justin just before you go into hardball negotiator mode with the box office..... we don't know how many ST holders in the LT will not renew this year but we do know that any UT who want to relocate downstairs will get first option before brand new ST applicants get the chance. In recent years it has proved difficult to get a move to the LT so if the chance arises there may well be quite an uptake.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Justinsaid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

They can’t even be sure that next season will go ahead till this one is finished, completed or abandoned.

Reckon loads may decide that £1,500 + can be put to better use in their lives, given how many will be on reduced wages or may not have a job to return to possibly.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

The thing is I do actually want the season ticket, just really want it in the lower tier.

I don't want to play hard ball too much and lose out after waiting 7 years. At the same time, I don't just want to just get one upstairs because I'm being fobbed off by the bloke just trying to sell the more expensive tickets that less people want.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Justinsaid wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 pm
The thing is I do actually want the season ticket, just really want it in the lower tier.

I don't want to play hard ball too much and lose out after waiting 7 years. At the same time, I don't just want to just get one upstairs because I'm being fobbed off by the bloke just trying to sell the more expensive tickets that less people want.

Decisions decisions eh :rubchin:

You've got plenty of time to mull it over and see how things develop. As Stuart said Football is in unknown territory for the rest of this year and the problems with allowing crowds in is not going to be solved any time soon.