CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by OneBardGooner »

Talking of Life, Death, God, Allah, Buddha and ............................

Denis Bergkamp :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL1L0z454-g

En-JOY! 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:47 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:21 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:37 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52558225

Basically saying neutral grounds or it will be null and void.

The integrity of the league is at stake, how can you have different rules at the start to the end ?
Home advantage can easily sway results.

If the games can not get completed normally (ie at the ground it should be played at, over 90mins, without PPE equipment needed ) then it shouldn’t be played at all. None of this points per game nonsense as you often get surprise results and teams hit form etc.
If the stadium is empty what difference does it make where the game is played? An empty home stadium could be a disadvanatge.
What are the Germans doing?

Personally I can't understand why there is a push to play the games on neutral venues - why not allow teams their home advantage ? It seems a stupid thing to potentially derail the resumption of the league :roll:

The whole thing is developing into an absolute shitfest now with some clubs pushing to return and some clubs fighting against it - personally I think that it has to resume unless the majority of clubs oppose it, but too many are causing trouble. Some Union for over 1000 athletes are saying that football shouldn't return ..... wtf has it to do with them ? The pfa are only Union relevant to this debate
One of the reasons I saw given for the use of neutral venues was that the neutral venues proposed are not in built up areas.. Emirates, London Stadium (or whatever they are calling the Olympic Stadium these days) are two mentioned, along with Wembley..That is nonsensical, the teams and officials would be transported into the actual stadium, there would be no contact with public outside. The nonsense of it is shopping centres are in built up areas and they continue to function.
Football is a physical contact sport. Forget about empty stadiums , how can players not come into contact. ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:31 am
Not disagreeing with most of what you say there buddy, but I will say that the counting system they have in place for deaths is a scandal - how can they announce a daily death toll and then say that the number includes a few deaths from a few days previously (which they have done a few times) ?
Very true. They now think we possibly had undiagnosed cases back in December.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

The integrity of the league is at stake, how can you have different rules at the start to the end ?

If the games can not get completed normally (ie at the ground it should be played at, over 90mins, without PPE equipment needed ) then it shouldn’t be played at all. None of this points per game nonsense as you often get surprise results and teams hit form etc.
If the stadium is empty what difference does it make where the game is played? An empty home stadium could be a disadvanatge.

Personally I can't understand why there is a push to play the games on neutral venues - why not allow teams their home advantage ? It seems a stupid thing to potentially derail the resumption of the league :roll:

The whole thing is developing into an absolute shitfest now with some clubs pushing to return and some clubs fighting against it - personally I think that it has to resume unless the majority of clubs oppose it, but too many are causing trouble. Some Union for over 1000 athletes are saying that football shouldn't return ..... wtf has it to do with them ? The pfa are only Union relevant to this debate
One of the reasons I saw given for the use of neutral venues was that the neutral venues proposed are not in built up areas.. Emirates, London Stadium (or whatever they are calling the Olympic Stadium these days) are two mentioned, along with Wembley..That is nonsensical, the teams and officials would be transported into the actual stadium, there would be no contact with public outside. The nonsense of it is shopping centres are in built up areas and they continue to function.
Football is a physical contact sport. Forget about empty stadiums , how can players not come into contact. ?
Exactly. What will they do at corners when the usual wrestling / jostling kicks off? :roll:

It will only take one player to catch it after resumption of games and then die to kick off a huge lawsuit and a complete shitfest.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 am
augie wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:31 am
Not disagreeing with most of what you say there buddy, but I will say that the counting system they have in place for deaths is a scandal - how can they announce a daily death toll and then say that the number includes a few deaths from a few days previously (which they have done a few times) ?
Very true. They now think we possibly had undiagnosed cases back in December.....

You sent 32 participants to the Wuhan Military games in October :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:20 am
Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

Exactly. What will they do at corners when the usual wrestling / jostling kicks off? :roll:

It will only take one player to catch it after resumption of games and then die to kick off a huge lawsuit and a complete shitfest.

I'm at the point now where I do not give a flying fcuk if they finish this season or not, but the one thing I keep asking lads who are against it resuming is "at what stage do you think that it should return ?" - none of them seem to have an answer to that. Do people actually believe that football shouldn't return until there is a vaccine ? We could be waiting 18 months or more for a vaccine, and I simply cannot accept that the world will have to remain in lockdown (for sports and pubs for example) for that long, so at what stage are we comfortable to return without a vaccine ? Is there a magic number/target we need to reach, cos we will never get down to zero cases without a vaccine.

The one last thing I will say about the resumption of English football is that they are lights years behind every other country when it comes to having some control over this virus, so they shouldn't be comparing what other countries are doing re football, when they are not at same stage of recovery

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Forget all the stuff about care home deaths, and all the rest, and spare a thought for Kyle Walker. First, he had sex party allegations splashed all over the papers when all he did was invite a mate and a couple of nice ladies round for a game of Monopoly. No harm in that?

Now he is feeling well harassed by the gutter press, having been caught out breaching lockdown again, and wonders why people aren't considering his feelings at a time like this. Well, I certainly am, it's a diabolical liberty how he's been singled out.

Collateral damage from Coronavirus? You need look no further. .

Poor fellow. Give him a break you guys.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:20 am
Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

I think ultimately that no-one will want to be the individual that signs it off as okay to go back to playing and be held accountable for the inevitable when someone catches it (not even necessarily dying - being hospitalised will be enough) and the lawsuit that follows.

I still maintain they want to play enough matches so that the Scousers win it, legitimately, before it gets cancelled.

The champions is the easiest issue to be sorted out - the more difficult / problematic issue is promotion / relegation could be the difference between clubs surviving or not.

You cannot relegate a club with 9 games still to play as we have all witnessed miracle escapes and the same goes for the promotion from the top now, means nothing, Leeds threw away a similar position last season didn’t they, ended 3rd and lost in the play offs.
Last edited by StuartL on Sat May 09, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:12 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am
Herd wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Where I see it is theres a lot of overweight people in this country that are under 50. Of all the people that have died that are young I am sure I haven't seen many featured on tv that look slim. You could argue the same for this group a lot of whom are diabetic. But yes to single out a group who have contributed down the years is just a tad harsh.
? I'm trying to figure out just wtf your on about so no change there.
Its quite simple Herd, don't single out certain groups as an example of how we can save money on healthcare, pensions etc. My point was that younger people are overweight, unhealthy and have conditions like diabetes. Morbidity isn't always linked to age, it's common knowledge working-class people in certain deprived areas have a much lower life expectancy than other parts of the country where they live to a ripe old age. So why don't you single them out or do you fall into that category yourself.
To be honest you never make any sense and I love the fact that others notice your change the goalpost ludicrous arguments I haven't followed your latest stuff much Im Just chilling here and doing way to much booze an udder tings ! Enjoy !
You're on the booze and going on about other people making ridiculous arguments when you said for how many years we weren't leaving the EU, maybe it's the vino talking old boy!

:D :D
We haven't left yet,for all his bluster Boris has done nothing yet . He tells us that we have but all that's happened is that we are bound by EU law but have no voice. I would remind you that my original argument was that we wouldn't leave or we would have a watered down exit that was in effect the same as bieng in . Nothings changed in the 4 years since I said it. I know that upsets you but that's where we stand today. No amount of Vino can change that .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I still think Boris played a blinder by actually catching the virus he was supposed to put measures in to stop the spreading to others. The only leader of a country to actually get it in the w world. Bet 27 Euro leaders were laughing their heads off.

In essence all this bullshit about a lockdown is laughable when you look how they've dealt with it in other European countries. The measures put in place in the UK are like The Arsenal defence for the last 10 years. There for no apparent reason. With Boris being the equivalent of David Luiz.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
StuartL wrote:

IMO the neutral venues should be grounds in leageue 1 and league 2. Small capacity with less requirement to have policing and security. It'll be less costly to open up and they can pay some ground rent to the club which will keep it running. The grounds used should be in the more rural areas like Plymouth, Carlisle, etc..., not in the major city's. The cost of opening them up for matchday will be considerably less than opening up Wembley.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal 3 v 2 Hull City FA Cup Final 2013/14 The full game and Extra Time. (No Ads)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImTcg3pmoCw

And

Arsenal 2 v 1 chavs FA Cup Final 2016/17 Full Game (No Ads)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImTcg3pmoCw

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 am
Talking of Life, Death, God, Allah, Buddha and ............................

Denis Bergkamp :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL1L0z454-g

En-JOY! 8)
Part of the way through it, enjoyable watch, will watch the Henry one after as well

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thought this was some excellent street artwork: (Source BBC website)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

On a more serious note, watching/listening to Boris's announcement last night, the Government really missed an opportunity to (at last) set things right and be Clear and Concise with what the public can and cannot and should and should not be doing; especially after those dickheads gathering in the large groups over the week-end. :cussing:

Around the corner from where I live there is a Retirement Community: 2 streets and a cul de sac of flats and bungalows which also has a Day Centre, all those that live there are of retirement age,

On Saturday they arranged to celebrate VE Day between each other by phone and on-line to set up the small green it has trees and benches etc) with small (union jack) flags..they all gathered for 2 - 3 hours in the sunshine but kept at least 2 metres apart. Each person brought their own chair and sandwiches, the regular day warden sorted some music (all from the 40's/ 50's - Glen Miller, Vera Lynne etc ) - They shared a few hours with their friends in a safe and sensible way...then all went home... Unlike the fuckking idiots who were not social distancing... Do these idiots not realise there are still people dying from this awful thing?
Perhaps they'll get the message :roll: :roll: :roll: when someone in their family or social circle contracts the virus and dies.

As for the government they have proved themselves to be a bunch in wishy-washy in-decisive fuckking morons. Had this been handled properly many hundreds if not thousands of lives could have been saved.

We now have the highest number of deaths from Covid 19 in Europe.

They could see what was happening in Spain and Italy and still failed to act immediately like Germany, instead they dallied about until it became far too late. Why didn't they adopt a firm and decisive hand from the beginning is a mystery. So now England, Wales & Scotland (and N.Ireland) are operating under different understandings and procedures, surely it was time to ensure that the Guidelines were/are the same for all parts of the UK. It's just a blundering and utter mess. The government are a ship of fools captained by a bloody buffoon.

The Police, NHS and Union Leaders have been calling for greater clarity and decision making, for better guidelines and still he has failed to deliver.

Typical Politicians all about appearing to do good, when they don't have a fuckin' scooby. Makes my blood boil.