CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:50 pm
Celtic crowned champions with hearts relegated.

I was thinking earlier why have clubs not chanced selling VR season tickets. :lol:

Get the match day experience in your own living room

Pre-order your halftime pint and hotdog for delivery
Being a man that could not give two half fucks about the joke Scottish league I was not aware of that. Was it mathematically possible for anyone to catch Celtic or for hearts to beat the drop? Because if not then hearts would be bat shit mental not to sue. :lol:

By all accounts it was a unanimous decision amongst all the SPFL clubs, so Hearts must have been on board with it :shock: The decision to end the season now means that the league can distribute the prize and tv money amongst the clubs straight away, and I'm guessing some clubs were in desperate need of those funds

Apparently earlier reports were wrong :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... remiership
They have a hell of a case too, to be fair.

How can you relegate (or promote teams ) on an unfinished season.... plenty of games / points to be won and lost - I’m sure we can all remember great escapes on the last day (Sunderland, Everton etc) and who could forget Goalie Jimmy Glass scoring a last minute winner to keep Carlisle in the football league many seasons ago.

There is no perfect way to do it, null and void (my preferred option) penalises those having a good season they may never repeat (Liverpool / Sheffield Utd) while saving those who have underperformed, but you cannot say how the last 8/9 matches would go, nobody can.
Shocks happen, Who had Watford to thrash Liverpool ? Norwich to beat Man City ?

Obviously those at the bottom will be thinking of self preservation, and I don’t blame them one bit, that is their job to look after their own clubs interest first and foremost.

Ally McCoist was talking about this earlier and there is real concern that a lot of teams in the lower Scottish leagues will not survive the current financial hit. Hearts may find themselves relegated to a division that ceases to exist :shock: :lol:

Mind you there have always been far too many teams in Scotland so this might just be the clearout it needs.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Six positive tests in 3 clubs after the first round of testing, could be players or staff - no information will be disclosed.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:59 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Being a man that could not give two half fucks about the joke Scottish league I was not aware of that. Was it mathematically possible for anyone to catch Celtic or for hearts to beat the drop? Because if not then hearts would be bat shit mental not to sue. :lol:

By all accounts it was a unanimous decision amongst all the SPFL clubs, so Hearts must have been on board with it :shock: The decision to end the season now means that the league can distribute the prize and tv money amongst the clubs straight away, and I'm guessing some clubs were in desperate need of those funds

Apparently earlier reports were wrong :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... remiership
They have a hell of a case too, to be fair.

How can you relegate (or promote teams ) on an unfinished season.... plenty of games / points to be won and lost - I’m sure we can all remember great escapes on the last day (Sunderland, Everton etc) and who could forget Goalie Jimmy Glass scoring a last minute winner to keep Carlisle in the football league many seasons ago.

There is no perfect way to do it, null and void (my preferred option) penalises those having a good season they may never repeat (Liverpool / Sheffield Utd) while saving those who have underperformed, but you cannot say how the last 8/9 matches would go, nobody can.
Shocks happen, Who had Watford to thrash Liverpool ? Norwich to beat Man City ?

Obviously those at the bottom will be thinking of self preservation, and I don’t blame them one bit, that is their job to look after their own clubs interest first and foremost.

Ally McCoist was talking about this earlier and there is real concern that a lot of teams in the lower Scottish leagues will not survive the current financial hit. Hearts may find themselves relegated to a division that ceases to exist :shock: :lol:

Mind you there have always been far too many teams in Scotland so this might just be the clearout it needs.
Ally mc coist is a bastard c u n t! Who on motd said that God’s goal against Newcastle was unintended ( essentially a fluke)
So never mention that bitter little cuunts name unless it’s to mock him as a second rate short arsed little fucker!
So even if he comes up with a cure for cancer, he will still be a CU NT :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Much an arsehole as Troy Deeney is - he has a good point.

If you can’t go for a haircut till July, how can it be okay for 18 players to be in close proximity and all wrestling / grappling ( I refuse to use the term jostling for fear of upsetting Rodders) at a corner or free kick ?

Anyhoo - lovely weather 🌞

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck the elephant man. Neither yourself or your hairdresser will be the subject of multiple tests per week before you rock up for a hair cut that’s the biggest difference.

Also barbers are indoors where the risk again is higher than being outside playing sport.

The risk of becoming infected while resuming the league will be minimal, where’s your cajones now you fat headed deformed C.UNT.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm

If you can’t go for a haircut till July, how can it be okay for 18 players to be in close proximity and all wrestling / grappling ( I refuse to use the term jostling for fear of upsetting Rodders) at a corner or free kick ?

This is only a ploy to get the season abandoned with his team only outside the bottom 3 on goal difference - would love to see them and the shammers relegated cos of their shameful attempts at self preservation and fake concerns :censored: :censored: :censored:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 pm
StuartL wrote:

This is only a ploy to get the season abandoned with his team only outside the bottom 3 on goal difference - would love to see them and the shammers relegated cos of their shameful attempts at self preservation and fake concerns :censored: :censored: :censored:
he has a six month old son with breathing problems and has also said if he doesn't get paid then so be it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

His missus is more likely to get it at Tesco’s than he is playing football.

Fucking prick. Hope they go down.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm
His missus is more likely to get it at Tesco’s than he is playing football.

Fucking prick. Hope they go down.
LOL WAGs don't go shopping at Tescos. I should imagine they have everything delivered, especially if they have a child that has respiratory issues.

He's a prick no doubt, but also has valid points about not wanting to play. This disease disproportionately kills Blacks and Asians. If you also factor in not just testing footballers but all the support staff at every game, then you are talking about 2500-3000 tests for every round of PL games. Given our struggles with testing in this country, there are better uses for those tests, like giving them to frontline workers.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:05 pm
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:

he has a six month old son with breathing problems and has also said if he doesn't get paid then so be it.

And for these mega wealthy players it is easy to say that cos it is small change for him

Reality is, as rodders says, that these players will be tested to the n'th degree, and are at more risk out and about their every days lives, than he would be playing football. It is an established/accepted opinion across the world, that this virus could be with us for years and that vaccinations have traditionally taken a minimum of 3-4 years to create - is football (and other aspects of life) meant to go on lockdown until that vaccine arrives ? Top doctors have said that this will be a part of our lives for years and that we need to learn to live with it.
I'm always curious how they come up with the stats that blacks and minority races are more susceptible to the virus - are they basing this purely on numbers, or are there other factors in play like the area they live in or the people that they come in contact with etc ?

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:38 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:

And for these mega wealthy players it is easy to say that cos it is small change for him

Reality is, as rodders says, that these players will be tested to the n'th degree, and are at more risk out and about their every days lives, than he would be playing football. It is an established/accepted opinion across the world, that this virus could be with us for years and that vaccinations have traditionally taken a minimum of 3-4 years to create - is football (and other aspects of life) meant to go on lockdown until that vaccine arrives ? Top doctors have said that this will be a part of our lives for years and that we need to learn to live with it.
I'm always curious how they come up with the stats that blacks and minority races are more susceptible to the virus - are they basing this purely on numbers, or are there other factors in play like the area they live in or the people that they come in contact with etc ?
Yes if it compromises our ability to save lives

With regards to the BAME death rates, it's widely accepted a lot of people of ethnic origin that migrate to northern climbs are deficient in vitamin D. This hasn't been widely reported yet, but low levels of Vitamin D don't bode well for clinical outcomes when it comes to COVID19. Add Diabetes etc into the mix and that explains a lot.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ok replace Tesco's with any other public place himself or his missus go then and the risk is still infinitely higher than him resuming playing football.

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, if people like Troy Deeney want to hunker down at home until there is zero risk from this virus then fucking let them and leave the rest of us get on with things as best we can. He's gonna be out in his back garden for quite some time though, hope he knows that. Anyway football is coming back, with or without the elephant man, so fuck him.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:

With regards to the BAME death rates, it's widely accepted a lot of people of ethnic origin that migrate to northern climbs are deficient in vitamin D. This hasn't been widely reported yet, but low levels of Vitamin D don't bode well for clinical outcomes when it comes to COVID19. Add Diabetes etc into the mix and that explains a lot.

Are you serious ?? You actually believe that ?? :shock: :shock: Life should be put on indefinite hold for a vaccine that might never come ?? That's not living buddy - with the greatest of respect to those that have died and their families, I dont think that anyone would want to live long term in a world like that. I certainly wouldnt want to live long term in a world where there is no football, where I cant fly anywhere on holidays, where I cant go out to a restaurant, and where I cant go to the pub (and I dont even drink) - I have always said that if I get seriously sick and will have no quality of life then I would want euthanasia cos life has to have some quality and enjoyment to it, but what you are proposing is bare existance. Again I dont mean to be disrespectful or flippant to anyone who has lost a loved one through this virus cos it is heartbreaking, but I also think that it should be recognised that for the vast majority of people who catch this virus, it is no worse than a bad flu, and I dont see how locking down the world for years/indefinitley can be acceptable

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 am
Ok replace Tesco's with any other public place himself or his missus go then and the risk is still infinitely higher than him resuming playing football.

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, if people like Troy Deeney want to hunker down at home until there is zero risk from this virus then fucking let them and leave the rest of us get on with things as best we can. He's gonna be out in his back garden for quite some time though, hope he knows that. Anyway football is coming back, with or without the elephant man, so fuck him.

If he, danny rose (detestable pri.ck) or any other footballer refuse to play out the remainder of this season, then they should be made stay in that isolation (without pay) for as long as it takes to come up with a workable virus - I will bet my bollox that these guys (with the exception of rose) will not want to be excluded when next season and the seasons after that start, but unless a vaccine is discoveed in miracle time, we will still be living in the same circumstances so they cant come back and play if their fears are genuine now

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
augie wrote:

Are you serious ?? You actually believe that ?? :shock: :shock: Life should be put on indefinite hold for a vaccine that might never come ?? That's not living buddy - with the greatest of respect to those that have died and their families, I dont think that anyone would want to live long term in a world like that. I certainly wouldnt want to live long term in a world where there is no football, where I cant fly anywhere on holidays, where I cant go out to a restaurant, and where I cant go to the pub (and I dont even drink) - I have always said that if I get seriously sick and will have no quality of life then I would want euthanasia cos life has to have some quality and enjoyment to it, but what you are proposing is bare existance. Again I dont mean to be disrespectful or flippant to anyone who has lost a loved one through this virus cos it is heartbreaking, but I also think that it should be recognised that for the vast majority of people who catch this virus, it is no worse than a bad flu, and I dont see how locking down the world for years/indefinitley can be acceptable
I'm not talking about everyday life I am talking about football. And I don't mean to suspend the start of football indefinitely. If it's too early for schools to open in June, as it appears the govt is finally coming round to accept its way too early for football.

500 people died in the UK yesterday. Even though the government won't admit it the true death toll is over 50,000. This is 9 weeks into lockdown/semi lockdown. Not all of those deaths were in care homes, so given it takes around 4 weeks from the start of symptoms to a fatal outcome how did those deaths happen? I would suspect it was down to people not observing social distancing.

If football compromises the NHS ability to look after people that should be getting tests, then it's a luxury that has to wait. Your last paragraph also shows a lot of contempt for the virus. It is much worse than the flu for a lot of people who are healthy get it, and survive. There are lots of reports of them suffering several weeks later.

And this is before we even get going!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52726278