ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 pm
I still think bringing back Cesc Fabregas on a two-three year deal would improve this team. The experience and leadership he would bring back to the club would be invaluable. He can still play a bit too. A player like him becomes better with age and experience. He would be able to guide the talented group of youngsters into becoming winners. I look at players of his ilk through the ages Hoddle, Gary McAlister and look at DB10 influence during his 30's, they helped teams win things and improve their standarsds. He's still an Arsenal man and a player that would fit in with Arteta's vision. I'd have in ahead of any of our current midfielders. Intelligent footballers don't get worse in their 30's, they get better.
To this day I believe had wenger picked up the phone and said he wanted him back when leaving Barcelona we would have won two more league titles. Especially, the 2015/16 tile.
Without doubt one of Wenkers biggest mistakes - Cesc was a huge part in Chelsea winning 2 titles. 2 FA Cups.
I have never seen a player control the game, dictate the play like he did. Brady, Vieira et al were great players but Cesc was like a composer, overseeing the whole game.

Was gutted when he left, but understood the draw of Barca, knew in all likelihood the would go back there but thought he would return to us for another stint - Wenker’s stubbornness put paid to that.

Too late now for me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh fuck me lads let's not put on the Fabregas blinkers huh? He is not "an Arsenal man". The little rat cùnt threatened to go on strike to get his move to the whores and then signed for the chavs ffs. :roll: :censored:

A great footballer and I agree he probably could improve this team but let's not paint this little rat as if he is an Arsenal man through and through. He ain't. Never was. Fuck him. File him under VanJudasCunt and be done with it. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 pm
Nos89 wrote:
I still think bringing back Cesc Fabregas on a two-three year deal would improve this team. The experience and leadership he would bring back to the club would be invaluable. He can still play a bit too. A player like him becomes better with age and experience. He would be able to guide the talented group of youngsters into becoming winners. I look at players of his ilk through the ages Hoddle, Gary McAlister and look at DB10 influence during his 30's, they helped teams win things and improve their standarsds. He's still an Arsenal man and a player that would fit in with Arteta's vision. I'd have in ahead of any of our current midfielders. Intelligent footballers don't get worse in their 30's, they get better.
To this day I believe had wenger picked up the phone and said he wanted him back when leaving Barcelona we would have won two more league titles. Especially, the 2015/16 tile.
Without doubt one of Wenkers biggest mistakes - Cesc was a huge part in Chelsea winning 2 titles. 2 FA Cups.
I have never seen a player control the game, dictate the play like he did. Brady, Vieira et al were great players but Cesc was like a composer, overseeing the whole game.

Was gutted when he left, but understood the draw of Barca, knew in all likelihood the would go back there but thought he would return to us for another stint - Wenker’s stubbornness put paid to that.

Too late now for me.

My immediate reaction was no but at the same time I wouldn't be totally against it as the points Nos makes are largely true. Perhaps somebody like Fabregas could get through to some of the kids and help develop their game - it might just work.

Cue DB - Fabregas, RVP, Cole etc :roll:

I'm hoping that when it finally all gets going again that Tierney might be fit.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:34 pm
Oh fuck me lads let's not put on the Fabregas blinkers huh? He is not "an Arsenal man". The little rat cùnt threatened to go on strike to get his move to the whores and then signed for the chavs ffs. :roll: :censored:

A great footballer and I agree he probably could improve this team but let's not paint this little rat as if he is an Arsenal man through and through. He ain't. Never was. Fuck him. File him under VanJudasCunt and be done with it. :roll:

Bollox, you beat me to it :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 pm
Nos89 wrote:

Too late now for me.

My immediate reaction was no but at the same time I wouldn't be totally against it as the points Nos makes are largely true. Perhaps somebody like Fabregas could get through to some of the kids and help develop their game - it might just work.

Cue DB - Fabregas, RVP, Cole etc :roll:

I'm hoping that when it finally all gets going again that Tierney might be fit.
Cue the back end of my bollocks! :lol: The 3 cùnts you named were great players. Great players. Great. But they were and are cùnts.

Like the way I went a bit Trumpy there? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ffs do try and keep up. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ffs do try and keep up. :lol:
:lol:

Sorry, think I'm on coronavirus time.....it's all a bit slow motion :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

There are strong rumours suggesting that a swap deal involving Hector Bellerin and Thomas Partey could be on the cards.

https://t.co/Cb2S2XpywF

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Absofuckinglutely. Same as Ashley Cole. Couldn't wait to get out the door when the money and chance of instant success came calling. Gave it all the big 'un about loving the club but pissing about hugging his little Barcelona mates and that shitty little back heel which gave away a tie against them summed him up. Always had one eye on the exit door and didn't really give a fuck for the last year or so. I remember back in the summer of 2008, rumours had it that he was very close to a move to Real Madrid and was more than happy to go. In fact , happy to drive it forward. It didn't work out in the end and so we got a couple more years of him using us to engineer a move to Barcelona. Never once did the little shit actually do anything to quash the speculation and spent most of the last year or so going through the motions, with one ear on the phone to his cúnt mates in Spain at all times. The fact that he chose to be a bit part player there and not captain at Arsenal summed him up. He had his few years of sitting on the bench there, doing bugger all and then started all the I love Arsenal nonsense the moment he needed a move. He chose the chavs and that's all that we need to know about him,all that needs to be said. His behaviour in matches against us after he moved to them and then during and after that UEFA cup final last year, proved he doesn't give a shit about us. Snide little fuck who was always looking after himself first whilst saying all the things he knew people wanted to hear. Fuck him, nothing more than a Mediterranean Van Persie and Ashley Cole or a European Adebayor.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Absofuckinglutely. Same as Ashley Cole. Couldn't wait to get out the door when the money and chance of instant success came calling. Gave it all the big 'un about loving the club but pissing about hugging his little Barcelona mates and that shitty little back heel which gave away a tie against them summed him up. Always had one eye on the exit door and didn't really give a fuck for the last year or so. I remember back in the summer of 2008, rumours had it that he was very close to a move to Real Madrid and was more than happy to go. In fact , happy to drive it forward. It didn't work out in the end and so we got a couple more years of him using us to engineer a move to Barcelona. Never once did the little shit actually do anything to quash the speculation and spent most of the last year or so going through the motions, with one ear on the phone to his cúnt mates in Spain at all times. The fact that he chose to be a bit part player there and not captain at Arsenal summed him up. He had his few years of sitting on the bench there, doing bugger all and then started all the I love Arsenal nonsense the moment he needed a move. He chose the chavs and that's all that we need to know about him,all that needs to be said. His behaviour in matches against us after he moved to them and then during and after that UEFA cup final last year, proved he doesn't give a shit about us. Snide little fuck who was always looking after himself first whilst saying all the things he knew people wanted to hear. Fuck him, nothing more than a Mediterranean Van Persie and Ashley Cole or a European Adebayor.
couldn't put it better myself

augie

Post by augie »

Far too late to bring him back at this stage of his career, BUT I have to say that I still dont agree with all the hate about him leaving us - he was barca boy and it was his hometown club and, lest we forget, he was joining the best team in the world at that time. Rent boy Cashley left us for the money pure and simple (and the stupid c.unt makes no effort to disguise what a money grabbing c.unt he is :roll: ), but it is nowhere near the same situation as that of cesc

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 am
Far too late to bring him back at this stage of his career, BUT I have to say that I still dont agree with all the hate about him leaving us - he was barca boy and it was his hometown club and, lest we forget, he was joining the best team in the world at that time. Rent boy Cashley left us for the money pure and simple (and the stupid c.unt makes no effort to disguise what a money grabbing c.unt he is :roll: ), but it is nowhere near the same situation as that of cesc
He wasn't too worried about his hometown club when Madrid were sniffing around

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

For me Fabregas sits in the same category as Brady. Left for a bigger club. No doubt it'll start a war amongst the Irish contributors to the forum. Brady bailed out on the club, and went to West Ham after Arsenal opened the door for him to return. How is he forgiven and Fabregas isn't?

Don't get me started on the hypocrisy towards O'Leary, the clubs record appearance holder, stayed for years when others deserted even though he was considered one of the finest CB's in Europe, throughout the 1980's.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 am
Never too late for a player of that quality.

You're right that his situation was totally different. Not only did he return to his hometown club but he'd also won the Euros and a World Cup with 7 players he grew up with. Undoubtedly, the draw of playing alongside the people you grew up with, and enjoyed greatest moments of your career would be too big an opportunity to resist. People forget he arrived at Arsenal as 15 year old in 2003.

I have a great dislike of Pepe Reina for forcing a Barca shirt on Cesc during their world cup celebrations. Clearly, cesc was wrestling against it, and was embarrassed by it. That and starting a chant with the crowd for cesc to return to Barcelona was utterly disgraceful froma professional footballer.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 pm
For me Fabregas sits in the same category as Brady. Left for a bigger club. No doubt it'll start a war amongst the Irish contributors to the forum. Brady bailed out on the club, and went to West Ham after Arsenal opened the door for him to return. How is he forgiven and Fabregas isn't?

Don't get me started on the hypocrisy towards O'Leary, the clubs record appearance holder, stayed for years when others deserted even though he was considered one of the finest CB's in Europe, throughout the 1980's.
What hypocrisy towards O'Leary? The fact he's hated for his judas carry on at Leeds against the club that made him a millionaire? Running around celebrating his team contributing hugely to us not winning the league instead of showing some restraint respect and decency?

Are you kidding Nos? He is a complete cûnt. :censored: