CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by goonertux »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:29 am
A11M11 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 am
I have a 6 year old granddaughter and if the needs be , I would have driven to Wales and back if neccessary. As probably would any right minded person . This is the politics of people looking to cause Cummings and by association Johnson as much embarrasment as possible .Pure and simple .
I disagree, you are just putting out what you would do in this situation.

Not everyone in the country is the same. When people don't go to their loved ones funerals because they have to self isolate and follow the rules, versus a man who was COVID positive drove 260 miles. There is a huge difference.

Conveniently the severe symptoms kicked in the day after he drove up there. Then he decides with dodgy eyesight to do a test drive to Barnard Castle to see if he is fit to drive back to London. I know having spent a decade driving to and from Sunderland which is just up the road from Durham that Barnard Castle is anything but en route in the journey back to London. The direct route is to pick up the A1(M) and head south. Why didn't he start driving down the A1(M) then decide if he was fit to do the whole journey? That's not factoring in that he wasn't fit and proper to drive a vehicle if his sight was impaired. That was the flakiest part of his explanation, it wouldn't surprise me if he just wanted to take his child out for the day somewhere he thought would be quiet and he got caught out.

Cummings makes a big thing about pushing back against the elite in this country when he is firmly entrenched within their ranks and has shown he thinks he can do what he likes.

Political allegiances are irrelevant, MPs from all sides of the house are pushing back at him. When you are such a controversial figurehead advising the govt, you are naturally going to make enemies but to me when a member of the ERG has openly said he should go, that exactly what he should do. His own Brexiteer stable are turning against him.

Don't forget this is not over, the infections will drop now over the next few months but I wouldn't be surprised to see a nasty second wave in the autumn, especially if we don't have our eyes on the ball like the first time. So when the Govt want people to observe a new set of rules, how many people are gonna say fuck it if Cummings can do what he likes so will we?
Bang on Nut Flush. It isn’t about Left or Right, Brexiteer or Remainer. It’s purely about personal responsibility and the well being of the nation as a whole. Some people have made huge sacrifices because they observed the rules, whereas Cummings just raised a finger and did what he pleased. End of.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 am
Where's DB10 when you need him?

:lol:

Sorry was in a coma from reading all this politics bollotics. :roll: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:26 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am
goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 am
goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 am
Tory ministers starting to resign. At least it shows some of them have principles and a conscience. First of many hopefully as they wake up to the reality of this morally corrupt government and it’s shadowy advisor. Lies are beginning to snowball now.

Oh behave yourself tux. The 37 year old kiddie MP for Forres / very junior Scottish minister who no bugger outside of Forres has ever heard of has resigned - so what! I bet he was nowhere to be seen when the local Forres neds were meeting up for a chat and a few bottles of Bucky!

This is not about public health, this is purely politics with DC. I love hearing outraged people bleating on about there's one rule for one :blah: No you idiots, the course that DC took is there for everybody to use but you're too stupid to realise that you could have done the same IF you had needed to. If I didn't know that this whole sham is politically driven, I'd have to conclude that a lot of the British public are thick.
Jock, don’t really see what his age has to do with it? He is a Tory MP who has resigned on political grounds. And as I said, hopefully the first of many. The whole thing is about morals and integrity, both of which are severely lacking in the current Government. There are so many lies and bullshit in Cumming’s statement, I can’t believe anyone with half a brain can’t see through them?

Because, as with an awful lot of MPs, he has no real life work experience. I can't be arsed with anybody who leaves uni and goes straight into politics. They are all a bunch of work-shy arseholes imo. He's a kiddie MP who nobody has ever heard of. Trust me some of the Scots are a confused lot when it comes to politics. You have the SNP / left who are clear about where they stand and fair play to them, then the rest are often conservative (small c) in nature but can't vote that way because of 'the English'. Some of them then end up voting SNP just to 'fuck with the English' and effectively waste their vote. I know I digress slightly there but have that knowledge first hand.

Anyway he is an irrelevance, I think you need to wait for 'a name' to resign before you can claim any kind of victory on that front. Tbh you have to question the sanity of those chasing after a non-elected adviser and the way in which it is being conducted isn't exactly classy either! A lot of those drooling at the prospect of slicing up DC would also claim to be educated and morally good people but then again actions often speak louder than words!

On a different subject - if I may correct myself. I stated to Nutflush a couple of days ago that Sweden had gone above our death rate but I must have picked that up wrong as they are in fact still below us and quite considerably so at 399 per million to our 542 (we are the same as Italy) and Spain at 615. Belgium are probably still top of the tree. I still await the economic forecasts with interest.
“Because, as with an awful lot of MPs, he has no real life work experience.”
Same goes for the f*cking Prime Minister! Straight from the playgrounds of Eton and the Bullingdon Club. Don’t see a lot of ‘real life experience’ following that route? And that’s where the problem lies. Complete contempt for us ‘common’ people.

I'm not saying that Boris is any better qualified than the jock kid but he certainly got a lot further up the greasy pole!

"And that’s where the problem lies. Complete contempt for us ‘common’ people."

So don't listen to them, I certainly don't. I would do whatever I felt in the best interests of my family at any given moment in time irrespective of what any politician tries to tell me I should do. I have had the pleasure at work of investigating the goings on of certain government depts and the shit pulled by secs of state, under ministers, perm secs and senior management of both parties is ridiculous. I just vote for the lot that suit me economically, the rest is all noise.

Nothing to say on the conduct of those losing their shit trying to ensure that DC is hanged before the week is out? My sister in law had the virus and was completely incapable of looking after herself for over a week. Fortunately she doesn't have kids so she didn't need to worry about who to give them to but any sensible parent would take necessary steps to safeguard children if they thought they were getting the virus.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 am
Where's DB10 when you need him?

Sorry was in a coma from reading all this politics bollotics. :roll: :wink:

:high5:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

D Cummings in his statement said he was never tested for covid 19
so no one knows he has had it or not
Last edited by gazzatt2 on Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm
D Cummings in his statement said he was never tested for covis

That's neither here nor there mate, he is DC, he is the anti-Christ, he must be killed, stake through the heart is the only option :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm
D Cummings in his statement said he was never tested for covis

That's neither here nor there mate, he is DC, he is the anti-Christ, he must be killed, stake through the heart is the only option :roll:
well best thing to do is to do what Boris advised yesterday and to decide amongst ourselves whether what he did was acceptable or not.
although i consider what he did was unacceptable I respect your view to think differently.

I do think you should at least question his actions though.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Dominic Cummings is amazing.

Not only did he have the cheek to try and defend the indefensible, yesterday he was referring to blog posts where he in the past had warned about global pandemics including coronavirus. Well, it turns out that his original blog posts made no reference to Coronavirus but broadly talked about Global Pandemics caused by an error in a biosecure laboratory. On the 14th April, he changed this blog to specifically mention Coronavirus making it seem like he had the hindsight to see something like this coming.

I smell a rat, why make the amendment on 14th April. Perhaps this was the start of him covering his tracks when he realised that the shit was going to hit the fan. Seems like a few people think this now. If he was soo versed in the threat of the Coronavirus to the wider population, why didn't he quickly put in place a series of recommendations for the Government to minimise deaths?

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-te ... oronavirus

There's too much coincidence here for me and people are still prepared to give him leeway. He's a very clever bullshitter IMO.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Not only did he have the cheek to try and defend the indefensible, yesterday he was referring to blog posts where he in the past had warned about global pandemics including coronavirus. Well, it turns out that his original blog posts made no reference to Coronavirus but broadly talked about Global Pandemics caused by an error in a biosecure laboratory. On the 14th April, he changed this blog to specifically mention Coronavirus making it seem like he had the hindsight to see something like this coming.

I smell a rat, why make the amendment on 14th April. Perhaps this was the start of him covering his tracks when he realised that the shit was going to hit the fan. Seems like a few people think this now. If he was soo versed in the threat of the Coronavirus to the wider population, why didn't he quickly put in place a series of recommendations for the Government to minimise deaths?

There's too much coincidence here for me and people are still prepared to give him leeway. He's a very clever bullshitter IMO.

The New Statesman.........."of the left, for the left" :roll:

I don't remember him specifically referring to "blog" posts when he made a couple of references to previous warnings about pandemics. He may well have been talking about internal memos / policy docs. I hope you've watched it all back to make sure you're right or have read the entire transcript. I take it the NS have decided it's all about blogs now as presumably they can throw more shit at DC if they take it in that direction. I didn't take those remarks as part of his explanation for what he did or of any relevance to the matter at hand tbh.

I really hope that you and tux are good law abiding citizens to take such umbrage at the actions of a man who had the good sense to try and protect his family.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Absolutely law abiding (apart from getting nicked at the 98 Cup Final for a bit of argie-bargie with the Old Bill). However, this isn’t just about abiding by the law, it’s also about having a conscience and a civic responsibility to the general public during a pandemic.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 pm

The New Statesman.........."of the left, for the left" :roll:

I don't remember him specifically referring to "blog" posts when he made a couple of references to previous warnings about pandemics. He may well have been talking about internal memos / policy docs. I hope you've watched it all back to make sure you're right or have read the entire transcript. I take it the NS have decided it's all about blogs now as presumably they can throw more shit at DC if they take it in that direction. I didn't take those remarks as part of his explanation for what he did or of any relevance to the matter at hand tbh.

I really hope that you and tux are good law abiding citizens to take such umbrage at the actions of a man who had the good sense to try and protect his family.
Denying he opposed lockdown measures at yesterday’s conference, he said: ‘Last year I wrote about the possible threat of coronaviruses and the urgent need for planning.’

No mention of internal memos, he has his own personal blog.

The new statesman didn't amend his blog on April 14th to add the word "Coronavirus" did they?

https://fullfact.org/health/cummings-blog-coronavirus/

Ok, so this lot are left-wing as well, are they? Having a default of anyone or any reference to wanting Cummings to resign/be sacked is a raging lefty is so far off the mark. There are thousands of Tories that wan't him gone from grassroots right up to cabinet level.

Sorry Jock, you are defending the indefensible. I watched the whole press briefing did you?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:16 pm
Absolutely law abiding (apart from getting nicked at the 98 Cup Final for a bit of argie-bargie with the Old Bill). However, this isn’t just about abiding by the law, it’s also about having a conscience and a civic responsibility to the general public during a pandemic.

Fights with police and subsequently was arrested yet considers himself law abiding..........interesting.

How many driving offences have you got. I bet you've had points over the years as well.

I'm not sure if you're a fit and proper person to be judging others :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:34 pm
goonertux wrote:

Fights with police and subsequently was arrested yet considers himself law abiding..........interesting.

How many driving offences have you got. I bet you've had points over the years as well.

If you have supported Arsenal for any length of time, I defy you to find anyone who hasn't seen a bit of trouble especially back in the 80s/90s maybe even got dragged into some stuff they regret today.

Bit presumptive to assume someone has points on their license as a result too!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

I’ll cast the line out and you can bite the maggot Jock! Just knew you’d do anything to score a point! Actually fought the case and found not guilty. Usual case of strong arm tactics by the Old Bill against football supporters! Not fighting as you seem to somehow claim without knowing anything about it. And to then bring up driving offences? Really?? Is that all you’ve got? Still perfectly able to judge Scummings for what he did with my conscience clear.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:54 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonertux wrote:

I’ll cast the line out and you can bite the maggot Jock! Just knew you’d do anything to score a point! Actually fought the case and found not guilty. Usual case of strong arm tactics by the Old Bill against football supporters! Not fighting as you seem to somehow claim without knowing anything about it. And to then bring up driving offences? Really?? Is that all you’ve got? Still perfectly able to judge Scummings for what he did with my conscience clear.

That's the problem with you lefties......let's drop the bs prentence that your not eh. Always the victim....you remind me of the scousers - same principle isn't it always somebody elses fault and never your own. Fighting with police at a footy match who were just doing their job and then giving it the old sob story to some dozey old leftie judge to let you off. Reeks of class that does.

Clearly you have driving offences too as you have ducked the question. I didn't want to ask if you had any other criminal convictions just in case. You keep calling DC "scummings" while trying to maintain the moral high ground.....again a typical leftie stunt. I bet you were up in Leicester Square for the poll tax riots too.

The bottom line is like everybody else you had made up your mind that DC was guilty before you heard the facts. So busy shouting about his guilt that you ended up looking daft when the truth came out. But you don't like the truth so you just cast around aspersions that suit your point of view. That would make you no better than any police officer telling porkies about you in court but then we know they were telling the truth and that you managed to get off on a technicality no doubt.