CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 am
Isn't confirmation bias a wonderful thing DB10, they should all agree that they're all wrong and Dominic Cummings was both correct and incorrect to do what he did :wink:

Seriously the police need to get a grip of the protestors, i dont give a shit whether Black lives matter or not, i'm more inclined to believe that all fucking life matters right now and they are jeopardising it. Once again the police, you know the people who are supposed to ensure law and order, are sitting on their hands waiting to be told what to do for fear of being called racist..... fuck it i'm calling them racist because i tell you now if a bunch of 3000 only white people were in a park protesting something you can bet your arse they'd be dispersed or arrested :cussing:

This has been going on since lockdown started with certain minority groups flaunting the rules there were pictures of mass groups of Muslims praying together during Ramadan and celebrating Eid which the Main Stream Media carefully ignored and avoided and nothing was being done but one government advisor goes off reservation and it becomes national news and a witchunt (see above argument).

People can blame the government muppets all they want for the mistakes they have made and there have been some, although not as many as the MSM would like to make out, but there are a lot more people both professionally and personally who have been at fault during this crisis than just them but those individuals and organisations will never be called to account for various reasons.
Its impossible for that to be a factually correct statement. He either broke the rules or he didn't. And because those are rules are open to manipulation its possible for some people as clever as Cummings to invent a story that people will believe. Clearly its worked.

With regards to Muslims, where have they been openly praying en masse breaking lockdown rules? If that was the case then it would have hit papers like the Mail or Express for sure. If it was local to you, did you report it? A lot of the Eid celebrations went online. You do realise quite a lot of people broke lockdown rules before and after Cummings carried out his misdemeanours? Thats probably why the infection rate hasn't fallen as much as it should.

Your right about the protests, it's the last thing we need with the Pandemic nowhere near being eradicated. But singling out certain groups does you no favours, post the evidence if you have any.

You say you sympathise with DB10 having to moderate this shower of shit, but in the same post you give other people reasons to question what you are saying. One of my close Gooner mates mum died of COVID, could her death have been prevented with a more pro active, coherent and effective government strategy. Yes it could and that applies to thousands of others who have died of this horrible disease.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In the early days of the internet on various forums they used to have "Fire Pits" where there was a No Holds Barred Policy, so if people had disputes they could go on that thread and verbally kick seven coins of wotsit out of each other, trade insults etc etc etc

We could have a more entertaining version of that where a persons ability to be creative can be employed, so instead of just calling someone a C&*t or whatever...the more inventive the name call or implying of something - you know something with a little 'Wit' to it the better

Like Ohhh! I dunno

Ooooh! You limp sausgae you!

or

Aaaah! ya big dollop of rancid custard

or something in the Monty Python-esque mode

Just a suggestion.

Yer load of Trembling jellified Gonads. :D

AT least it might prove to be Less Borrrring than all this to'ing and fron'ing and I know more than you and you're a whatever :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: AND help LESSEN these depressing times instead of Adding to them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal 6 v Charlton Nil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1g_e77 ... adio=1&t=0

goals only.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think the government welcomed a bit of Dominic Cummings bashing because it deflected people away from the fact that this governments performance has been abysmal .
Likewise Im sure they welcome the protests getting out of hand after being hijacked by Antifa ,SWP,Anarchist,and opportunistic thieves and bored teenagers ,they have so many agent provocateurs in there too so they might have even been at the root cause of the shenanigans !This Covid is far from over they are just massaging the figures right now !
I've become a recluse I don't watch the news and cut down on unsocial meedja ,im drinking my way to cider frenzy and my nasal cavities are going to collapse any moment !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:34 pm
I think the government welcomed a bit of Dominic Cummings bashing because it deflected people away from the fact that this governments performance has been abysmal .
Likewise Im sure they welcome the protests getting out of hand after being hijacked by Antifa ,SWP,Anarchist,and opportunistic thieves and bored teenagers ,they have so many agent provocateurs in there too so they might have even been at the root cause of the shenanigans !This Covid is far from over they are just massaging the figures right now !
I've become a recluse I don't watch the news and cut down on unsocial meedja ,im drinking my way to cider frenzy and my nasal cavities are going to collapse any moment !
Herd there is no way the good old honest Joe British Politician would stoop to such underhand measures :shock:

As for the Muppets protesting half of them are clueless middle-class supposedly University educated individuals many of whom were quite happy to receive their qualifications from institutions funded by some nefarious activities over the years.

Organisations such as The Rhodes Trust and Scholarship scheme should ask for all moneys to be returned by said individuals and institutions and all honours to be returned, in fact this goes for anyone protesting who has in anyway benefited from anything to do with Slavery and Colonialism, which is pretty much everyone in the country including all BAME students where many of the prestige institutions they attend would likely not have reached the level they have and be able to provide the standards they provide without the funding they received back in the day and in some cases continue to do so from Trust funds.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-52955868

Does this mean they'll also be toppling the Bristol Colston Hall (Named after and majorly paid for by same family) - venue of many a treasured Gig! :|

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

My dad got speaking to one of his customers the other day who is a funeral director. He indulged some information about government directives on how to manage the bodies of those who have died with the coronavirus. It is frightening and disturbing to say the least. Just put it this way conventional methods of burial and cremations are simply not enough to kill the virus.
Which leads to questions of the toxicity levels and how was this virus was manufactured? It seems the incident in Salisbury might have been a test run. BTW that's totally my theory on the events.

nut flush gooner

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 am
My dad got speaking to one of his customers the other day who is a funeral director. He indulged some information about government directives on how to manage the bodies of those who have died with the coronavirus. It is frightening and disturbing to say the least. Just put it this way conventional methods of burial and cremations are simply not enough to kill the virus.
Which leads to questions of the toxicity levels and how was this virus was manufactured? It seems the incident in Salisbury might have been a test run. BTW that's totally my theory on the events.
Mate footy is back tomorrow no need to start conspiracy theories. Given the Chinese have officially lost 5,000 of their own, its a bit of a drastic way to get at the West. There was an outbreak in a Beijing fish market the other day after having been clear of infections for weeks, I would say people saying the virus was made in a lab are just peddling more propaganda to save the faces of the US and UK governments. The Chinese seriously need to look at their food practices over anything else.

Coronavirus needs living cells to multiply, once someone dies the virus begins to degrade like it does on surfaces. This isn't a biological agent.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

I think we can all agree to take the Chinese official figures with a large dose of salt

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 pm
I think we can all agree to take the Chinese official figures with a large dose of salt
Or bleach :lol:

nut flush gooner

gazzatt2 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 pm
Give them a 400% margin for error and they still have fewer deaths than we do. The reason the death rate is lower in China is that everyone wears masks and they are a totalitarian state, so if they tell you to lockdown you don't go to the beach. Lets not forget the UK figures are 20,000 short as well.

If there is doubt about the accuracy of China's death toll, look at the neighbouring countries some of which are democracies, they still put us to shame.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I don't think anyone is saying China did it deliberately however there is enough evidence to convince the 5 I's that it was released from their Wuhan lab and that is good enough for me.

China have been doing the wet markets for centuries, you dont think this or something very similar would have happened before now and be recorded in their history if that is where this had come from, that's pushing credulity to the limit :roll:

Of course what stretches credulity even further though is with the current lock down in Beijing being once again linked to a wet market, that would be twice in the space of a few months but never before in their records, kind of like local buses, wait centuries for one and then two turn up at once :rubchin:

Why people find it so hard to believe that a nation like China can fuck around with Viral agents and them get loose accidently is astonishing, especially when you look at the quality of a good deal of the Chinese manufacturing received in the West these days :banghead:

Remember this is a country that according to Amnesty International may have up to 1,000,000 Uighers in 're-education' camps, a country that appears to be deliberately stirring things up on the Indian border and in the South China sea, do you actually believe that they aren't capable of releasing a viral agent and then covering it up to save face, which incidently has smashed the Western Economies whilst having very little effect on their own.

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:01 am
I don't think anyone is saying China did it deliberately however there is enough evidence to convince the 5 I's that it was released from their Wuhan lab and that is good enough for me.

China have been doing the wet markets for centuries, you dont think this or something very similar would have happened before now and be recorded in their history if that is where this had come from, that's pushing credulity to the limit :roll:

Of course what stretches credulity even further though is with the current lock down in Beijing being once again linked to a wet market, that would be twice in the space of a few months but never before in their records, kind of like local buses, wait centuries for one and then two turn up at once :rubchin:

Why people find it so hard to believe that a nation like China can fuck around with Viral agents and them get loose accidently is astonishing, especially when you look at the quality of a good deal of the Chinese manufacturing received in the West these days :banghead:

Remember this is a country that according to Amnesty International may have up to 1,000,000 Uighers in 're-education' camps, a country that appears to be deliberately stirring things up on the Indian border and in the South China sea, do you actually believe that they aren't capable of releasing a viral agent and then covering it up to save face, which incidently has smashed the Western Economies whilst having very little effect on their own.
Have you been to China? If you have you will see how they eat absolutely everything.

I am not dismissing the likelihood of them having an accident in a lab, just based on what we know I think it's much more likely to come from a wet market. There was another outbreak in a similar market in Beijing.

We got away with SARs and MERs not becoming global pandemics or at least affecting Western Europe, not forgetting MERs originated from bats in the middle east. That is too much of a coincidence with all of these viruses being similar in the way they attack the respiratory system.

Think you need a bit of a history lesson if you think pandemics coming from Asia is a new thing.

https://www.mphonline.org/worst-pandemics-in-history/

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mate footy is back tomorrow no need to start conspiracy theories. Given the Chinese have officially lost 5,000 of their own, its a bit of a drastic way to get at the West. There was an outbreak in a Beijing fish market the other day after having been clear of infections for weeks, I would say people saying the virus was made in a lab are just peddling more propaganda to save the faces of the US and UK governments. The Chinese seriously need to look at their food practices over anything else.

Coronavirus needs living cells to multiply, once someone dies the virus begins to degrade like it does on surfaces. This isn't a biological agent.
That is the problem the virus is still living after someone dies. Unlike Arsenal's top 6 chances after last nights game.

nut flush gooner

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:43 pm
Nos89 wrote:

That is the problem the virus is still living after someone dies. Unlike Arsenal's top 6 chances after last nights game.
LOL! Can't disagree with that Arsenal analogy. But when you are 6 ft under its hard to pass on the virus.