Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

Post by augie »

As I expected, arteta wimped out of this whole "I will explain why ozil wasnt involved after the match" :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... kel-arteta

If it was purely tactical he would have just said so before the game and put the whole thing to bed already, but instead he suggested that there was more at play here and then revealed jack shit :roll: Anyway I think we all know that tactics might result in not starting a player in a game, but there would be no way it would result in leaving a guy out of a bigger than usual match squad

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Managed to get to see the last 20 mins. Business as usual. I apologise to paul merson who was spot on with david luiz. That was woodgate levels of ineptness.
No matter how much i dislike carraghers continual barracking of Arsenal, on the evidence of tonights performance i'm at the point where I'm beginning to agree with him. Auba is too good for this team and tonight he was brought down to the squads level. City are going to make Liverpool wait a couple of more weeks.

As for Arsenal? Standard 3-0 defeat against city. Surprised with the line up given the two friendlies. Arteta can legislate for most things but not for a player who literally sabotaged his own contract extension talks.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Pathetic. 3-0 - should have been 10. Not one of our players would make the City bench on this display. Can't see us winning any of our next 3 games. Maybe lose all of them. Not good enough. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

David Luiz has really upped his game from giving away 1 goal a game to 2 and getting sent off .
You couldn't ask for more ,but taking a knee wtf is that . Did someone play the us national anthem ,are we signing colin as quarterback??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Luiz is best mates with Edu so he’s going nowhere :banghead:
Looks like we’ll finish about 7th or 8th which is about right. Mid table in a year or twos time.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Great to have these tosspots back :banghead:

When's that second wave coming? :cussing:

Blim

Post by Blim »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:48 am
David Luiz has really upped his game from giving away 1 goal a game to 2 and getting sent off .
You couldn't ask for more ,but taking a knee wtf is that . Did someone play the us national anthem ,are we signing colin as quarterback??
..and they moaned like fook about waring a poppy, fooking joke. :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Probably the most worrying time I can remember as an Arsenal fan, for many reasons.
Arteta unable to motivate a team with a clge place still to play for, against a team who’ ve surrendered their title and had diddly squat to play for.
If we were to lose Auba and Leno in the summer? we will be bottom third at best next season.
With a seemingly incompetent backroom staff , recruitment team, disinterested owner the financial consequences of covid and no clge next season, I honestly believe there is no limit to how far we could fall.
There will be “big club” casualties from this current crisis and I would have us down as favourites!

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:14 pm
Nothing will change while we are relying on rubbish like Willock, Mustafalaugh, Xhakatard, Sideshow Bobtard, Maitland-niles etc etc to step up to PL standard. We are still where we were with Wenger in 2010.
I think we’re back to where we were with Don Howe around 83/84. A few names in the team who don’t really give a shit, some young players who have a go but just aren’t good enough and a club floating rudderlessly along without a chance of actually winning anything. Sad times ahead.
Goonertux, i think you sum it up very well.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

At least in 1983 it was cheap to get in! :barscarf: We could go back to basics & build a new team from youth, but Wiggy has now cut the coaching budget & laid off many of the scouting staff! :shock:

Glad I don't give the féckers any cash, I'd rather save the cash for aways in Europe plus Baku! :mrgreen:

There's not much of a chance of making another trip to Baku though! :cussing:

If Leno gets sold we could be soon travelling to places we've not been to for a long time, most of them are also much closer to home than our previous European trips! :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

David Luiz one word *word censored*.

If Arteta like Wenger and Emery shows blind faith in mediocre players then he will lose my support pretty quick next season. How can you say you want Luiz to stay after that shower of shit. Hes a fucking chelski plant.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

We are in freefall and I'll gladly take that if it means we get rid of the wig controlled *word censored* of an owner

Rumour has it that the wig is made from hair of 1000 spud fans

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The more I look at the club, the more i think a relegation scrap is coming in a few seasons. For most clubs as soon as they slide, they will address the issues and the owner will invest heavily to keep said club competitive. We have an absent owner who will force Arteta to slog along with average to mediocre players and insult the fans intelligence by saying the club can only afford free signings and loan deals. The fans who continue to pay in to watch(when they could) the shit the club serves up are enablers and it could take us being near the bottom of the league for those same people to wake up.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 am
Probably the most worrying time I can remember as an Arsenal fan, for many reasons.
Arteta unable to motivate a team with a clge place still to play for, against a team who’ ve surrendered their title and had diddly squat to play for.
If we were to lose Auba and Leno in the summer? we will be bottom third at best next season.
With a seemingly incompetent backroom staff , recruitment team, disinterested owner the financial consequences of covid and no clge next season, I honestly believe there is no limit to how far we could fall.
There will be “big club” casualties from this current crisis and I would have us down as favourites!
got to agree with this.
it was just the sheer lack of effort which annoyed me - this is a group of players who have had 3 MONTHS off getting paid astronomical wages, yet they turned up with a completely indifferent attitude.

the only positives I can take is that if we are to have a crap team it might as well be now when lets face it we can't even get into the ground and watch any matches anyway. this also means that none of us are wasting any money on this rubbish either.
and finally if we are to miss out on European competition next season then we really couldn't have picked a better season to do so!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Would love to know what sort of shit Ozil is up to behind the scenes.........