Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Citeh (A) postponed due to The End Of Days.

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 pm
Arsenal have lost Pablo Mari for rest of season with serious ankle ligament/tendon injury suffered in defeat at Man City, may need surgery. Granit Xhaka also picked up an ankle problem But may return before the season ends Rob Holding in contention for Brighton @TheAthleticUK #AFC
Jesus Christ is there no end to the doom and gloom ?

Ps welcome back Retro, hope you are keeping well

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nketiah up front on his own. Aubameyang on the wing. Xhaka and Mustafi starting, still. Martinelli sat on the bench all game.

Arteta has been dealt the shittest of hands, but fuck me is he doing a hell of a job of making it worse.

Nelson, Willock, Maitland-Niles and Nketiah will never hack it at anything like the top level.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why the feck did Mari have to get injured!? :cry: Why not sideshow bob ? :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal have lost Pablo Mari for rest of season with serious ankle ligament/tendon injury suffered in defeat at Man City, may need surgery. Granit Xhaka also picked up an ankle problem But may return before the season ends Rob Holding in contention for Brighton @TheAthleticUK #AFC
Jesus Christ is there no end to the doom and gloom ?

Ps welcome back Retro, hope you are keeping well

Hi Stuart, yes I'm fine thanks, I hope you are too. Today is my second visit here in 6 months or more, which is no reflection on the crowd on here, but symptomatic of my disenchantment with football generally and our club specifically. What a fiasco we've become. I think I preferred the 3 month hiatus with no football at all. Oh well.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Nketiah up front on his own. Aubameyang on the wing. Xhaka and Mustafi starting, still. Martinelli sat on the bench all game.

Arteta has been dealt the shittest of hands, but fuck me is he doing a hell of a job of making it worse.

Nelson, Willock, Maitland-Niles and Nketiah will never hack it at anything like the top level.
Wasn’t so long ago everyone was screaming “sack him” at a man whose selections were supposedly baffling was it? The same manager that certain people were screaming at for reinstating Xhaka as a fixture in the team before....err, he didn’t actually do that and had the balls to bomb him out

We’ve now got Everyone’s Friend pulling the strings and I’ve never been more confused as to what our best XI, system or identity actually are....even more so after that Wengeresque display last night. All that was missing was the full length body armour jacket and constant berating of the fourth official otherwise I’d have thought the senile old tool was still at the helm

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal have lost Pablo Mari for rest of season with serious ankle ligament/tendon injury suffered in defeat at Man City, may need surgery. Granit Xhaka also picked up an ankle problem but may return before campaign ends. Rob Holding in contention for Brighton @TheAthleticUK #AFC
The same fella that supposedly played 200 odd games without injury prior to joining

File under Kallstrom 😀

Banter FC returns once more - like it never went away. In some ways it’s reassuring in unprecedented times that you can still rely on our medical team and David Luiz to provide the reassurance that some things have never changed

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am
Luiz is best mates with Edu so he’s going nowhere :banghead:
Looks like we’ll finish about 7th or 8th which is about right. Mid table in a year or twos time.
Mid table next season. 15th the following. Down the season after that

Remember being told we’d never finish outside the top 4. That became top 6

We are now 1 point above Burnley and Crystal Palace with 9 games left. 42 points from the top. 13 from the relegation zone and on a total downward spiral. Everton will eventually find a manager to match their ambition. Newcastle will one day spend billions under new owners. There will be more promoted teams with the ambitions of Wolves. We will still have the worlds worst franchise owner

Don’t kid yourselves that we can’t go down. We can and we will if he remains as owner. It’s a continuation of what he started 9 years ago

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm

All true. I couldn't believe the line up last night, but given Arteta's track record, I probably shouldn't have been surprised. Nketiah isn't ready for this level yet and I have doubts that he ever will be. What's the point of Willock? Totally anonymous last night and brings nothing to the party. The one youngster who has impressed this season has been Martinelli, who for me would start out wide before any of them, including Pepe. He's had an impact in almost every game he's been involved in and is clearly a goal threat and yet, he seems to be behind Willock, Saka and even Nelson in the pecking order. It makes no sense whatsoever. Two down last night and he makes his final subs, including Nelson and leaves Martinelli on the bench!!

It's still early days for Arteta and he did indeed inherit a pile of crap, but so far he's done nothing to convince me that he can move us forward. As NB123 says, quite apart from the baffling choice of youngsters, its his adherence to the experienced duds in the team that is most damning of all and especially his obvious conviction that Xhaka is the answer in centre mid. Sorry, but I can't believe in the ability of any manager that rates Xhaka. I still maintain that he's the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal midfield.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Looks like we’ll finish about 7th or 8th which is about right. Mid table in a year or twos time.

We are now 1 point above Burnley and Crystal Palace with 9 games left. 42 points from the top. 13 from the relegation zone and on a total downward spiral. Everton will eventually find a manager to match their ambition. Newcastle will one day spend billions under new owners. There will be more promoted teams with the ambitions of Wolves. We will still have the worlds worst franchise owner

Don’t kid yourselves that we can’t go down. We can and we will if he remains as owner. It’s a continuation of what he started 9 years ago

You been reading my post on the previous page?? :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I hadn’t to be honest mate as I’ve been predicting it for a while now, but read what you’ve written and Sid’s post and I think a few of us older ones can remember a time of mid table mediocrity and hence this isn’t such a shock

Mike Ashley apart we’ve got the worst owner in the league, a wage bill that is bloated by bang average players, no prize assets with any major value and several seasons without CL football

The ship is going down !

NickF

Post by NickF »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Arsenal have lost Pablo Mari for rest of season with serious ankle ligament/tendon injury suffered in defeat at Man City, may need surgery. Granit Xhaka also picked up an ankle problem but may return before campaign ends. Rob Holding in contention for Brighton @TheAthleticUK #AFC
In the grand scheme of things is that a great loss? No idea who Mari even is and it was apparently only his 2nd game(?). Xhaka no great loss.
Luiz was impressive - at fault for two goals and sent off within 24 minutes.

2 shots in 90 minutes and Ozil mysteriously absent, business as usual. Only surprise was that sicknote Tierney didn't pick up a season ending injury...

I would love to see Nketiah do well but playing him up front against City is as ridiculous as W**ger playing Sanogo up front against Bayern.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:56 pm
Why the feck did Mari have to get injured!? :cry: Why not sideshow bob ? :banghead:

No doubt people will disagree with me on this, but I think that mari bottled it on wednesday night - one of their players just breezed past him like he wasnt even there, and his lack of pace was badly exposed and I think that he knew it and couldnt wait to get off :roll:
Ironically enough my son had only spoken about his lack of pace earlier in the day - I told him that he must have discovered that on the playstation cos it hadnt shown up in any of his previous games :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I hadn’t to be honest mate as I’ve been predicting it for a while now, but read what you’ve written and Sid’s post and I think a few of us older ones can remember a time of mid table mediocrity and hence this isn’t such a shock

Mike Ashley apart we’ve got the worst owner in the league, a wage bill that is bloated by bang average players, no prize assets with any major value and several seasons without CL football

The ship is going down !

Yep, we're in serious trouble and the biggest problem by light years, is the owner. As desperate as we all were to see the French clown gone, many of us on here realised that he had become an 'underlying health issue', rather than the deadly disease (keeping it topical here). I don't excuse Wenger's culpability for one second...his hubris was becoming a real problem before we'd even heard of Kroenke and once the American arrived, Wenger sold out and was hand in glove with the deceit, lies and ruination of our club.

However, once he got the controlling share, Kroenke was always the main issue. He was the one that could have cut the Fraud loose at any time and Wenger was only ever as good as Kroenke's support for him. By the time Wenger went, it was perfectly clear that we were finished as a major force and with the owner we had, it didn't really matter who the manager was. I've no doubt that Ancelotti would have done a better job than Arteta will do, but you could put Pep, or anyone else in the Arsenal hot seat and they'd be severely limited in how far they could take us. As long as Kroenke owns the club, we're fucked and with the structural circus we've got, we'll be in a relegation dog fight within 3 years...maybe sooner.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

The ship is going down !

Yep, we're in serious trouble and the biggest problem by light years, is the owner. As desperate as we all were to see the French clown gone, many of us on here realised that he had become an 'underlying health issue', rather than the deadly disease (keeping it topical here). I don't excuse Wenger's culpability for one second...his hubris was becoming a real problem before we'd even heard of Kroenke and once the American arrived, Wenger sold out and was hand in glove with the deceit, lies and ruination of our club.

However, once he got the controlling share, Kroenke was always the main issue. He was the one that could have cut the Fraud loose at any time and Wenger was only ever as good as Kroenke's support for him. By the time Wenger went, it was perfectly clear that we were finished as a major force and with the owner we had, it didn't really matter who the manager was. I've no doubt that Ancelotti would have done a better job than Arteta will do, but you could put Pep, or anyone else in the Arsenal hot seat and they'd be severely limited in how far they could take us. As long as Kroenke owns the club, we're fucked and with the structural circus we've got, we'll be in a relegation dog fight within 3 years...maybe sooner.

Hooray for redaction :barscarf: :bowing21: :bowing21: :censored: :censored: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Surely Luiz aka: sideshow bob cannot be kept on after his contract expires...Not after yet another major fuck-up on wednesday night .. the cu.nt is an accident that always happens :cry: