other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Nos89 »

Went for a walk round Stanley park yesterday. It was the quietest its been since the lockdown began and despite being followed by a van full of police, who were invisible during lockdown, I actually managed to watch some live football action through a gate that had been left open at Goodison. Admittedly could only see a third of the pitch and half the goal at the Gwladys street end, but hey still got to watch some of it live. It looked shit so carried on with my walk.
The point I wanted to raise was that yesterday there was a full match day police presence around Goodison Park. What a waste of police resources. I expect the usual anti scouser rhetoric to respond, but has this happened at other matches? If so, with no supporters why play the games at the main stadiums why not play them at training grounds/ or smaller local stadiums?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I vaguely watched the scouse derby ,it was on pick ???? what made me laugh was the crowd effects which has been fairly tame in other matches but they had loud booing of the bearded jasper carrots decisions which made me hoot with laughter as well as a couple of choice Evertonian chants !
Wonder what the most racist fans in the country bar none thought of the blm shirts ¬

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 am
People were rightly worried about the lack of home advantage without fans being at the ground

It seems to be playing out that way

Since the resumption there have been 2 home wins - Manchester City and Brighton

I wonder what the link is with those 2 games :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Glad we put an end to the baffling selections and lack of identity. Apparently his meticulous preparation has started for the Southampton game, and rumour has it Martinelli's name was accidently left out of the hat for the first two games!

Lose the cup tie and you can just f.uck off. Put Freddie back in charge - he wasn't any worse than this clown

The geordies won at home yesterday Steve
Stand corrected mate - two out of three ain't bad as Meat Loaf once said :D

Good to see we contributed to two thirds of those wins still :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I see Citeh handed out a proper brownholing to boornleh tonight..5-0 in 2nd gear.It keeps us 10th.. :barscarf: top half is what it's all about these days it's the new top6 :barscarf: which was the new top4 :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Irish radio station said today that tonight's game at the New Swamp between Spuds and Wham is the first ever league meeting of two former Manchester United managers. Is that possibly true?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:34 pm
Irish radio station said today that tonight's game at the New Swamp between Spuds and Wham is the first ever league meeting of two former Manchester United managers. Is that possibly true?
Just had a think about it and it's quite likely to be true. Red face retired and therefore nobody managed against him, Van Gaal left England, big fat Ron the racist Atkinson wouldn't have managed a team against a Manure manager before he took over as I think Dave Sexton would have been working with the FA by the time racist Ron got sacked and before that, I've no fucking idea.
Thinking about us, you'd have to go back a fair way too.

OneBardGooner

Re: The Plane & Banner over Burnley V M. City game

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tony Livsey the BBC Radio Presenter and Football/Sports Commentator had a good way of seeing/saying sense with regards the White Lives Matter Burnley incident with the Plane & Banner:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08ht5t4

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Hopefully man city wont really bother tomorrow and Liverpool win it sitting on their sofa :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If city fail to win tonight, can we call the whole season off again? Its been a fucking nightmare restart. Player contract issues, empty stadiums and we've been absolutely shite. I'm sure a majority of clubs will vote for it to finish early now.

augie

Post by augie »

I would love to meet the dopey blind b.astard who scouted harvey barnes and declared him good enough to be a professional footballer - guy is a useless c.unt :? :oops: :oops:
Leicester should be beating the chavs at this stage were it not for the absolute uselessness of barnes :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

Sweet jesus dwight gayle - there goes my tiny bit of hope that the geordies could do citeeh :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Looks like those Dirrrty Cuntts leeds will be coming up for next season - It was bad enough having the scousers around, but now them as well!

:cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:08 pm
Looks like those Dirrrty Cuntts leeds will be coming up for next season - It was bad enough having the scousers around, but now them as well!

They dropped a couple of points at home to bottom of the league Luton tonight 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:08 pm

They dropped a couple of points at home to bottom of the league Luton tonight 8)
:high5:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just saw this morning that the Hammers beat Chelsea last night which made me smile.