Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brighton (A) postponed due to The Apocalypse.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:31 pm
That was as frustrating as hell. This team hasn't got a fighter in the squad at all. No one stood up and dragged this team to victory which, I believe they deserved. They got cocky. Adams, Vieira, DB10, Fabregas, Van Persie would have stood up and be counted. None of the that team can. They go down when challenged not stand up.

Don't praise Guendouzi for doing maupay after the whistle. He came across as a petulant prick, not a tough guy.

A game we should've won. I'm not criticising Arteta as he does he shows the desire to win. This team is not his. Why are people complaining about his team selection? Saying picking the same old players. Who the fuck else is he going to pick?

This team rolled over and were too afraid to go in and win the game. Players with no character at all.
Were you saying the same when Emery was picking Wenger's players......or did you expect him to be able to replace all 25 of them in 2 transfer windows?

Since you ask, most people are baffled as to why Martinelli isn't playing - you know, the one bright spark who was actually doing something this season.

Arteta hasn't been dealt a great hand, granted. But perhaps he could make his mind up if its Nketiah, Lacazette, or Martinelli. Even when all the centre halves were fit, he fucked about with the partnership every time. One minute Ozil is flavour of the month, then he's out. Saka - is he a left sided player, right sided player or now a central player?

So, if you won't criticise any of the above, are you saying he's got a completely free pass to fuck about every single week without consequence?

Yes.
This season is over. He has to fuck about to establish who he can trust with those he will be allowed to keep. Martinelli, I agree is a bright spark, so is Saka. Has he been by told by the club they have received an offer for Martinelli they cannot refuse? There is absolutely no guarantee Martinelli will be at the club next season.
If they flog Martinelli I do not give a fuckk for how much even if it was squillions etc - That would show the exact and true face of our club...if that happened I would walk away for good.

He IS a huge talent, the kind of young talent we need and to sell him at this early stage; regardless for how much would show the true intent of the clubs owners - which we all know is to make a profit over anything and everything else, but it would show they are not above grabbing a few more million to add to their annual profits.

Regardless - Kroenke is a wig wearingCUNT. His son is a smiling cancer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I earn more than you ever will. Guendouzi's tasteless taunt to Brighton players. Sources claim, Guendouzi who earns 40k per week, spent the game taunting Brighton player's about the financial disparity between the squads. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:13 am
If they flog Martinelli I do not give a fuckk for how much even if it was squillions etc - That would show the exact and true face of our club...if that happened I would walk away for good.

He IS a huge talent, the kind of young talent we need.
That is all he is at the moment, a talent. There is no guarantee he is going to make it. Obviously I would love to see doing well for the Arsenal, but against some of the better sides like City and the Victims, I would no sooner put him up front than I would Nketiah. Neither are at that level yet IMO.

Be interesting to see if he gets a run out now given that most of our games are meaningless now.

John F

Post by John F »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:43 pm
I earn more than you ever will. Guendouzi's tasteless taunt to Brighton players. Sources claim, Guendouzi who earns 40k per week, spent the game taunting Brighton player's about the financial disparity between the squads. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]
What a twat he is .Potter probably didn't have to do any motivating as Guendouzi did it for him.
Last edited by John F on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

That is all he is at the moment, a talent. There is no guarantee he is going to make it. Obviously I would love to see doing well for the Arsenal, but against some of the better sides like City and the Victims, I would no sooner put him up front than I would Nketiah. Neither are at that level yet IMO.

Be interesting to see if he gets a run out now given that most of our games are meaningless now.

Stop man ffs - he has scored 10 goals this season (his first in england btw), and that is more than nketieh scored in the championship where he couldnt get his place for dirty leeds. He has scored away against the top 4 chavs when we were down to 10 men, and has generally been our best player this season.
That is such a nonsense statement that I dont know if you are taking the piss or not

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:19 am
NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Stop man ffs - he has scored 10 goals this season (his first in england btw), and that is more than nketieh scored in the championship where he couldnt get his place for dirty leeds. He has scored away against the top 4 chavs when we were down to 10 men, and has generally been our best player this season.
That is such a nonsense statement that I dont know if you are taking the piss or not
Indeed. Nketiah best summed up as the man that Patrick Bamford somehow managed to keep out - a fella who has tried and failed in the PL at least 3 times

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

mcdowell42 wrote:
If that is true he needs to be shown the door. Didn't Dyer that played for Newcastle do the same in a Cup match at Stevenage few years back.? Bellamy allegedly done the same in Scotland while playing for Celtic..allegedly Bellamy offered an opponent a few hours doing his garden to top up his income. Another Premier League striker allegedly taunted an opponent by point out that he had spent £18,000 on earrings that week. Guendouzi hasn't the talent or achievement to play Billy big bollix at any rate, but that behaviour is crass. Take the knee for Black Lives Matter and then try make someone feel small because of his earnings. Wanker...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Guendouzi sums up where this club is going wrong and why we will still be fucked with this regime even if we sign some good players and with the decent young talent we have.

He is a talent and there are Some good character traits - he is competitive and I don’t mind a bit of shithousery.

However, there is an undoubted feeling that he has ‘made it’. His performances are getting worse every week but he is increasingly arrogant. Somebody needs to sit him down and take him through a slideshow of Frimpong and all of the other youngsters that ‘made it’ at Arsenal in the last 15 years. Unfortunately none of our players or manager have the wherewithal or even the authority to do that. So he will carry on down this route and end up not fulfilling his potential.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
If that is true - it just goes to show the whole mentality of young kids that have achieved nothing, not one thing, in football.

We need guys who realise they are lucky to be at The Arsenal and play like they know it.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:19 am
How many of his goals would you say were against top quality opposition?
I wouldn't exactly put Forest or Standard Liege up there, nor the team that Liverpool put out in the league cup.

As I said I would love to see him do well for us and now we don't have a whole lot to play for hopefully he will get a run out.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Maupay just had the Leicester Gk save his pen

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Leno will be back in 4-6 weeks, not as bad as first feared.

The best news so far since returning to this cluster fuck of a season :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Guendouzi is 21 years old lads FFS - did none of ye make stupid mistakes at that age that you are ashamed of looking back now ? He is learning and needs to keep learning and grounded, but (and I have said this many times before), a young lad coming through in an arrogant dressing room with w.ankers like ozil and xhaka, is not gonna get the right type of guidance at all

Let me also say that I have zero problem with players "sledging" each other (I think that is the correct term), as long as they have earned the right to do so. A certain amount of arrogance in a player can be a good thing if it is channeled properly - is taunting an opposition player about wages any less acceptable than taunting a player about his girlfriend or wife or other family member ? I know that if I had played against jamie o'hara back in the day I would have gone to town on him marrying a bird that everyone else in the scum dressing room had shagged - I dont feel one bit guilty or ashamed saying that btw. We go on about football being too boring and sanitised nowadays, so let me say that this is another example of sanatising something that would have been common practice amongst pro's 30 years ago.

The problem here is that guendouzi hasnt done enough in the game to justify mocking a player like that, and on that we agree - however it doesnt make it wholly unacceptable though

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 pm
Leno will be back in 4-6 weeks, not as bad as first feared.

The best news so far since returning to this cluster fuck of a season :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yes Augie he is a youngster. And even with the best guidance then youngsters will be arrogant.

But it is obvious that he is getting no guidance and has a growing sense of self-importance. I actually think he is an excellent talent (not an average player like pretty much everybody else is the squad) and I don’t mind some shithousery, but the guy clearly thinks he has made it and he hasn’t. He will piss away his potential very quickly this way.

Excellent news about Leno. I think he is an excellent goalkeeper.