ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Understand David Luiz is on significantly reduced terms with his new #AFC contract. Brazilian’s reduction in pay is a big reason that Arsenal, for all their financial struggles, were able to offer permanent deals to Cedric and Mari. More details @TeleFootball later.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 pm
Understand David Luiz is on significantly reduced terms with his new #AFC contract. Brazilian’s reduction in pay is a big reason that Arsenal, for all their financial struggles, were able to offer permanent deals to Cedric and Mari. More details @TeleFootball later.

Dunno how to respond to that - might be better over paying 1 dodo than paying 3 of them :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that I have seen some norwich games this season, and their centre back Godfrey has really impressed me - he is brave, reads the game well, is good in the air and is no tortoise.
Such is our financial strife that I am reduced to scouting clubs gonna be relegated, to see what talent might be available :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 pm
What marvellous news eh? Why have one journeyman reject when you can have three

I'd just about got my head round the idea that we were fishing in a different pool to the Chavs and Man City so no surprise to see us take two of their rejects, but signing the Southampton reject just about sums it up.

"We are moving to compete with the South coast's elite"

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:48 pm
Have to say that I have seen some norwich games this season, and their centre back Godfrey has really impressed me - he is brave, reads the game well, is good in the air and is no tortoise.
Such is our financial strife that I am reduced to scouting clubs gonna be relegated, to see what talent might be available :oops: :oops:
I was impressed with him last night too Augie, I was bored so ended up watching the match, incidently nice to see yet another refereeing decision sending a player off where the attacker has his hand back holding onto the defender but as soon as the defender puts his arms on the forward he goes down and gets the player red carded. I was impressed with Cantwell yesterday too not sure he is in a position we need as he seems to roam about but he had a good game yesterday. I actually thought Norwich deserved more from the match but not surprised that an elite team once more got the rub of the green.

If we're going bargain basement yet again then maybe we need to be a bit more creative with purchases by buying EPL experience rather than dross from lower foreign leagues or teams.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Agree, I've also mentioned him as a player we should look at. Doesn't matter if we are looking at players from teams who get relegated, Keown got relegated with Villa and Steve Bould who replaced Keown at Arsenal, played in the Stoke City team labelled the worst team ever to play in the top division. Builds character as they used to say. Godfrey would still cost £25-£30m simply as he is home grown British player. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Manure.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:20 pm
augie wrote:
Agree, I've also mentioned him as a player we should look at. Doesn't matter if we are looking at players from teams who get relegated, Keown got relegated with Villa and Steve Bould who replaced Keown at Arsenal, played in the Stoke City team labelled the worst team ever to play in the top division. Builds character as they used to say. Godfrey would still cost £25-£30m simply as he is home grown British player. Saliba and Godfrey at the back would seem a great balanced back two. Both have strength and pace.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Godfrey ended up at Manure.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:20 pm
augie wrote:
Agree, I've also mentioned him as a player we should look at. Doesn't matter if we are looking at players from teams who get relegated, Keown got relegated with Villa and Steve Bould who replaced Keown at Arsenal, played in the Stoke City team labelled the worst team ever to play in the top division. Builds character as they used to say. Godfrey would still cost £25-£30m simply as he is home grown British player. Saliba and Godfrey at the back would seem a great balanced back two. Both have strength and pace.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Godfrey ended up at Manure.

I'm not looking down my nose at the prospect of signing players from relegated teams - I'm merely saying that, with our budget, those players might be more within our reach than most players

John F

Post by John F »

One of the good young prospects Balogun is being sold this summer after failing to agree on a contract.Auba really rated him and he was a prolific scorer in the youth set up. This is my worry while we award contracts to has-beens and average players we start to lose players with potential. The club needs to do everything it can to keep Saka.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

John F wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:22 am
One of the good young prospects Balogun is being sold this summer after failing to agree on a contract.Auba really rated him and he was a prolific scorer in the youth set up. This is my worry while we award contracts to has-beens and average players we start to lose players with potential. The club needs to do everything it can to keep Saka.
I’ve seen quite a few of the highlights for the youth team - he surely has enough about him to warrant a deal......maybe offered more elsewhere ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:

You sure Augie???? :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The Elite project group is Balogan’s agency .I think that they have 5 Arsenal youngsters on their books including Saka,Nketiah,Nelson,Omole they also have Iwobi and Akpom seems that they have an in to our junior ranks .
Should we be wary of them?

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 pm
The Elite project group is Balogan’s agency .I think that they have 5 Arsenal youngsters on their books including Saka,Nketiah,Nelson,Omole they also have Iwobi and Akpom seems that they have an in to our junior ranks .
Should we be wary of them?

You could of course be right on that, or the answer could be a bit more complex than that - we are a club that is if anything moving backwards,so you have to wonder if potential young stars are willing to commit to that when there is nothing positive on the horizon. You might also wonder if the shredding of our scouting department is affecting how the young players view the club seeing as so much of what we are now is based around young players, plus the frequent changing of academy staff and coaches wont help either. It might also e connected to the theory/suspicion that some (inc me) have that arteta is more committed to senior players than the younger ones - in a few short months he has fallen out with guendouzi and maitland-niles (to the point that he was playing sokratis right back :roll: ), and nelson cant seem to get any kind of decent playing time at all, plus the non use of martinelli in the first 2 games after the lockdown was a scandal

Like I said though, it could of course come down to money and greed - parasite agents exist in every corner of the game, so there is a very real possibility that he is being advised to leave for financial reasons

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31152

Possibly but wary I think.

ELITE PROJECT GROUP LTD

Company number 11108592
Follow this company File for this company

Current officers
3 officers / 2 resignations

OBASI, Emeka

Correspondence address
First Floor Thavies Inn House / 3-4, Holborn Circus, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 2HA
Role Active
Director
Date of birth
September 1986
Appointed on
24 June 2019

Nationality British

Country of residence United Kingdom
Occupation
Company Director

ANDERSON, Micheala
Correspondence address
20-22, Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU

Role Resigned
Director
Date of birth
January 1990
Appointed on
12 December 2017
Resigned on
6 June 2018
Nationality
British

Occupation
Company Director

HUNT, Kevin

Correspondence address
20-22, Wenlock Road, London, United Kingdom, N1 7GU
Role Resigned
Director
Date of birth
July 1975
Appointed on 6 June 2018

Resigned on
24 June 2019
Nationality British

Occupation
Football Agent

3 people 2 resigned why ? the Sancho affair.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Kalou is available on a free, surely, this is our time to sign him?