Season predictor / What happens next? Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Season predictor / What happens next? Merged thread.

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

dano wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 pm
please help with words to throw back at insufferable Liverpool supporters when (looks like not if) they win the title.

You are not real champions because (wording needed)
Your season will always be with an asterisk because (wording needed)

on the one hand, they look to win enough to take the title, even in these circumstances, but what are the reasons for taking a LP supporter down a few levels?
Tell them that nobody really cares about them, winning the league once since 1990 puts them on a par with Blackburn and Leicester and they will always have blood on their hands for the murders of 39 Juventus supporters. Perhaps also drop in that they are a bunch of racist shitbags too.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

But it's not going to be like for like . The new substitiution rules half way through the season gives an advantage to the clubs with the largest squads. Whichever way yoiu look at it this season is tainted .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 pm
But it's not going to be like for like . The new substitiution rules half way through the season gives an advantage to the clubs with the largest squads. Whichever way yoiu look at it this season is tainted .
Absolutely spot on. It will always be remembered as the Liverpool ** season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It should have been NAV. :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Surely with Leceister facing a lockdown, this will fuck up this ridiculous end to the season!!
Football behind closed doors is pointless, fans are what makes football, its like sex with a condom, chewing a sweet with the wrapper on !
I fucking hate it, even more than I was already beginning to hate it before the lockdown!
The game has lost all it’s soul, it’s integrity, it’s whole reason for existing!
Players, Pundits, opinions on everything dominating the sports pages, the curse that is social media!
I didn’t miss football one bit during lockdown, in fact it was great that it was gone!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:02 pm
Surely with Leceister facing a lockdown, this will fuck up this ridiculous end to the season!!
Football behind closed doors is pointless, fans are what makes football, its like sex with a condom, chewing a sweet with the wrapper on !
I fucking hate it, even more than I was already beginning to hate it before the lockdown!
The game has lost all it’s soul, it’s integrity, it’s whole reason for existing!
Players, Pundits, opinions on everything dominating the sports pages, the curse that is social media!
I didn’t miss football one bit during lockdown, in fact it was great that it was gone!
Supporters in the ground aren't important Sid, TV revenue is all that matters :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Playing without a crowd has been a great leveller and shown the quality players will always deliver a quality performance. It has also highlighted how average the premier league is and the low quality of the german league, I've participated in better quality games during a kick about at the park back in my youth.. I'm enjoying the blanket TV coverage. That is how it should be for those unable to attend when supporters are allowed back in.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there if supporters are allowed in for the FA Cup Final. Wembley is big enough to have the corporates back in and at least 10,000 supporters from each side, socilally distanced with the seating arrangements. Surprised they haven't opened up the corporate boxes for Premier League games.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Playing without a crowd has been a great leveller and shown the quality players will always deliver a quality performance. It has also highlighted how average the premier league is and the low quality of the german league, I've participated in better quality games during a kick about at the park back in my youth.. I'm enjoying the blanket TV coverage. That is how it should be for those unable to attend when supporters are allowed back in.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there if supporters are allowed in for the FA Cup Final. Wembley is big enough to have the corporates back in and at least 10,000 supporters from each side, socilally distanced with the seating arrangements. Surprised they haven't opened up the corporate boxes for Premier League games.
I don't mean to be pedantic but isn't this the opposite to great leveller? I thought that term was used to mean something levelling out the difference in quality rather than highlighting it? Like a bad sloping pitch in an FA Cup tie?

You could be right with the rest of your post though. I am sure the corporate slime will happily like to be seen to be there if its on TV. Not that they will make any difference to the atmosphere. Not sure 20,000 mask wearing fans will either to be fair. I saw some of the Exeter v Northampton play-off final at an empty Wembley yesterday. If that's what the semi's and final are going to look like then other than adding another cup win to our record (and stopping Man United equalling it) my enthusiasm is non-existent.

Clash

Post by Clash »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:02 pm
Agree with every word of that Sid 100 %

The season should have been scrapped! :banghead: