Wolves A Sat 4th Ko 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Wolves A Sat 4th Ko 1730

Post by falkirk goon »

What a result :barscarf: I think I snailtrailed the inside of my boxers when the 2nd went in :oops: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pm
What a result :barscarf: I think I snailtrailed the inside of my boxers when the 2nd went in :oops: :barscarf:
:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
Probably one of our best performances under Arteta if i'm honest, this lot should have taken us to the cleaners the way they've been playing. Some good solid performances tonight, not spectacular but a win is a win and this puts pressure on those around us, we can just keep plugging away as there is no expectation outside of ourselves..... :rubchin: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I would be the first to say that we done what we needed to do, but let's be honest here and admit that they were extremely lethargic and didnt seem at it at all. We had gaps all over the place but they never looked pushed about exploiting them. Kolasniac is a walking disaster. Xhaka is dogshite. Our play was pedestrian at times too

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 pm
AMN excellent since he came on, none of that lethargic shit from him he’s sniping after the ball every time.

Get in :barscarf:

It looked like he was brought on to deal with numbnuts adama, his very first tackle on him was nice and crunchy! :D :box:

We did well, I was fearing the worst, but the tactics worked and except for the (usual) occasional lapse by the inferior players like mustafi & kolasinac
we controlled most of the game and the keeper played extremely well again.

Unfortunately I can see another club coming in for Martinez to be their first choice GK. :?

Sing THE Arsenal TWO Nil! :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Best away performance for a long time by Arsenal. After a slow start we showed bags of resilience, especially in the second half.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
Probably one of our best performances under Arteta if i'm honest, this lot should have taken us to the cleaners the way they've been playing. Some good solid performances tonight, not spectacular but a win is a win and this puts pressure on those around us, we can just keep plugging away as there is no expectation outside of ourselves..... :rubchin: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I would be the first to say that we done what we needed to do, but let's be honest here and admit that they were extremely lethargic and didnt seem at it at all. We had gaps all over the place but they never looked pushed about exploiting them. Kolasniac is a walking disaster. Xhaka is dogshite. Our play was pedestrian at times too
I dont disagree but even with the players we have we beat them 2-0 and they hardly had a shot on target, unlike you i'll take the positives where they are i guess, no-one is saying we've turned a corner or anything but credit where it's due that's 4 on the bounce 2 of which i would have expected us to lose.

The Tierney substitution baffled me but it may intentionally or unintentionally be a bonus for us, we didn't suffer anything from it thankfully and he gets a nice rest, the games are coming thick and fast right now and any rest a recently injured player can get is a definite bonus :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

8.04pm...Martin Tyler and Jamie Carragher still believe Wolves can get back into the game..it's over lads, you can big up Jamie Vardy on Tuesday.
Good result, definitely wasn't expecting it to be honest.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

2 minute post match interview with Arteta on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52177948

quick after the game with Saka:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53295235

augie

Post by augie »

Would it be outrageous to say that I thought mustafi did well tonight ? :shock: :shock: Ok maybe did well is slightly ott, but he is def the best defender in that back 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Excellent win today. I didn't see it but well done to the team. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:30 pm
Would it be outrageous to say that I thought mustafi did well tonight ? :shock: :shock: Ok maybe did well is slightly ott, but he is def the best defender in that back 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well that's not hard as they're all dog shit.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
I’ve been saying that with weeks :shock:

Our defence is better with him in it......unfortunately that says more about our defence than it does about Mustafi :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
:lol:

You are right though. He did alright compared to his usual standard.... :wink:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Plenty of 'bollocks' throughout the 90 mins. What a change. Well done fellas - keep it going just like that & forget the pretty stuff. Sometimes tackles are supposed to hurt !. COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: