Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Cup holders against the record cup winners at Wemberlee.I can only see one result :cry: a turdholing probably by at least 3 goals :cry:

Bradywasking

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by Bradywasking »

Could be messy, if they play to their potential, or even close to it, we are rightly fucked.

falkirk goon

Re: Citeh (still the record points scorers in the league) N Fa Cup Semi Sat 18th KO 745pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 am
Could be messy, if they play to their potential, or even close to it, we are rightly fucked.
I think you could be right :oops: a turdholing of 4 or 5(or more) is a distinct possibility

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As much as I enjoyed the snatch and grab against Brazil 70* last night we were so poor I cannot see anything but a comfortable citeh win 3-1 or more..... we are all over the shop at the back with nothing in midfield. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Unless we defend brilliantly with NO Mistakes for the whole of the game we are Fuckedd up the jacksee without any lube ! :( :wailer: :mrgnu:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

If any of these three play - Mustaffi, Kolasinac and Luiz we have fcuk all chance

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nice to see confidence is high, we're going to smash them 6-0...... now where's my dried frog pills :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Last night he left out a few players and played younger players - we might have been lucky, but we got the result and that is all the matters. This leads nicely into my next question ........ how many of those rested players should we expect to see restored to the starting line up against citeeh ? :rubchin: I thought that we were seriously over-run when ceballos replaced torreira, but I am expecting that to happen saturday for sure. Auba will obviously come back in but for who ? Laca is on a scoring run for him so logically it should be him auba and saka, but with arteta I'm not sure that will happen. Personally I would be much, much happier with tierney at left back (or left wing back if necessary), but the reality is that he did well last night (at least what I seen in second half) and never gave salah a sniff, and he certainly did miles better than the fat bosnian c.unt, so does arteta play him there ahead of kolasniac saturday evening ? Will he relegate holding again in favour of mustafi ? Will he bring back bellend in place of cedric ?

Last night's result might end up doing arteta more harm than good cos it will/should make it a lot harder for him to pick the players he considers first choice - that being said I suspect that he will reinstate mustafi, bellend, ceballos and auba into the starting line up instead of holding, cedric, torreira and nelson, but I hope that I am at least partially wrong

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

As DB says (I have to agree with him sometimes, it was written into the terms and conditions when I joined the forum), forget the result last night, because if we play like that on Saturday, it will be a cricket score....and I don’t mean in our favour !

Whoever the team and whatever the system, we’ll be lucky to keep the margin to 3. If he makes some of the mental selections and systems he’s made before, then expect a caning by at least 5.

In an ideal world, they’ll be no Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Pepe, or Willock. I’d stick with Holding and Luiz and play only two CHs. Tierney and Bellerin/Cedric at full back.

Torreira and Ceballos centre mid (because he’s frozen Guendouzi out) with Saka on the right and in the absence of Martinelli, I guess I’d have to put Kolasinac on the left of midfield, despite what I said above (Pepe would do nothing defensively and the game would pass him right by).

I’d play both Auba and Lacazette up front.

So, 4-4-2. I honestly think that our only chance is to take the game to them as much as possible and keep their back line, which isn’t great, on their toes, which 4-4-2 will allow. If we sit and try to contain them, we’ll get destroyed and as soon as they scored two (after about 20 mins) we’d be trying to get forward with a selection and system that isn’t able to do so, resulting in an utter mess and more goals shipped.

Anyway, that’s in an ideal world. Unfortunately, we know it will be Xhaka, probably Mustafi and Kolasinac and no doubt the vacant Pepe. Plus, Willock on as sub if he doesn’t start. All in a system set up to contain and failing badly.

Oh dear. :(

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nelson was utter tonk last night barring his goal, Cedric looked over run only because he was trying to mark Robertson going outside and Mane coming inside and there was no Arsenal player within 20 yards of him most game, the problem is neither option currently in favour provides cover to the RB/RWB.

I dont like AMN but I'd be tempted to play him on the RW with strict instructions to never get further than 10 yards from Cedric/Bellerin if Shitty have the ball, Saka on the left doing exactly the same and have Laca up front with Auba playing off him, Laca quite often gets the ball but has no option on and immediately loses it, but could provide a service for Auba that PEA cant do for him. Torriera and Ceballos in CM with Lucas being the sitting player :box:

Just to add CB is a lottery of fools so it makes no difference :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm
Nelson was utter tonk last night barring his goal, Cedric looked over run only because he was trying to mark Robertson going outside and Mane coming inside and there was no Arsenal player within 20 yards of him most game, the problem is neither option currently in favour provides cover to the RB/RWB.

I dont like AMN but I'd be tempted to play him on the RW with strict instructions to never get further than 10 yards from Cedric/Bellerin if Shitty have the ball, Saka on the left doing exactly the same and have Laca up front with Auba playing off him, Laca quite often gets the ball but has no option on and immediately loses it, but could provide a service for Auba that PEA cant do for him. Torriera and Ceballos in CM with Lucas being the sitting player :box:

Just to add CB is a lottery of fools so it makes no difference :banghead:

Exactly as I said Muzz, but you’d replace Kolasinac with AMN. No problem with that, both equally poor, although Kolasinac gets down the line more effectively when wide left, imo.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not even one of Rodders mid match poos can save us this time :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm
Can I suggest a triple laxative rodders? For the good of the club. Your apocalyptically spraying diarrhea might just save us buddy. Might just save Arteta's job too. As the Bible says "a liquid stool can save any fool". 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I fully expect us to be down by the usual 3 goals before HT.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:44 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm
Can I suggest a triple laxative rodders? For the good of the club. Your apocalyptically spraying diarrhea might just save us buddy. Might just save Arteta's job too. As the Bible says "a liquid stool can save any fool". 8)

No need for laxatives DB, after the first 10 minutes it won’t just be Rodders, we’ll ALL be shitting ourselves !! :(