OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: OZIL - Merged Thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:37 am
I'm not about to start singing the praises of this bloke but I do wonder how many times we have to watch Willock come off the bench as our supposed creator before it might occur to the super coach that Ozil might just be capable of creating the odd chance here or there?

Just a thought
As terrible as Willock is I still prefer him to this turd. At least Willock runs around the place giving the opposition something to think about. Ozil does nothing at all but flap his arms like our French club founder

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
I'm not about to start singing the praises of this bloke but I do wonder how many times we have to watch Willock come off the bench as our supposed creator before it might occur to the super coach that Ozil might just be capable of creating the odd chance here or there?

Just a thought
I think Arteta and Ozil are past that now mate. Can there be any other reason he plays Hillier mk2 instead of Ozil..... :wink:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Just a thought

The odd chance yes.He has one assist all season.Thats £18m a year for that assist. I would rather play with 10 men than have Ozil in the team
Last edited by Ernie71 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Just a thought
As terrible as Willock is I still prefer him to this turd. At least Willock runs around the place giving the opposition something to think about. Ozil does nothing at all but flap his arms like our French club founder
Sorry buddy but that's horseshit. Hillier mk2 gives no one anything to think about. He's ignorable.

Whilst Ozil is no longer anywhere near the assist master he was when we signed him he can still at least pass a ball and retain posession - two things none of our current midfield can do.

Ozil is no longer the answer but Hillier mk2 will never be. Ever.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Just a thought
Sorry buddy but that's horseshit. Hillier mk2 gives no one anything to think about. He's ignorable.

Whilst Ozil is no longer anywhere near the assist master he was when we signed him he can still at least pass a ball and retain posession - two things none of our current midfield can do.

I'm not saying he is at all but at the moment he's a better option than the lazy unmotivated ozil. He only has something like two assists this season? He's not doing the job he is in the team for.

If young sideshow Bob hadn't fallen out with Arteta we'd probably not have to go through the pain of watching Willock as often.

Hopefully when Smith-Rowe comes back we will see less and less of him.

Ps. Sorry for the quote tower :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Just a thought

I'm not saying he is at all but at the moment he's a better option than the lazy unmotivated ozil. He only has something like two assists this season? He's not doing the job he is in the team for.

If young sideshow Bob hadn't fallen out with Arteta we'd probably not have to go through the pain of watching Willock as often.

Hopefully when Smith-Rowe comes back we will see less and less of him.

Ps. Sorry for the quote tower :D
:lol:

I like the quote towers! :wink:

I'm not sure Smith-Rowe is going to be the answer tbh. Would be great if he was though.

But I think we need to break the bank and go out and buy a top number 10 to provide that creativity that is non existent in our midfield.

For me Ozil on his worst most disinterested day will always be 10 times the player Hillier mk2 could ever be on his best day. There's just no comparison between the two - apart from the stupid money we are paying Ozil.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ozil- What Happened?

Upon Arteta's arrival he installed Ozil back to the starting line up, or at the very least on the bench. Since the restart Arteta has dropped Ozil completely. He trusted in Ozil when he arrived at the club, so what happened during lockdown and the re-start to completely ignore Ozil?
Whatever happened is purely down to the player because the coach put trust and faith in him for a good period of time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Ozil- What Happened?

Upon Arteta's arrival he installed Ozil back to the starting line up, or at the very least on the bench. Since the restart Arteta has dropped Ozil completely. He trusted in Ozil when he arrived at the club, so what happened during lockdown and the re-start to completely ignore Ozil?
Whatever happened is purely down to the player because the coach put trust and faith in him for a good period of time.
Pure speculation mate. It could be any number of things. Maybe they hate each other on a personal level. Or Arteta thinks Ozil is shit. Or he thinks Ozil is not the type of player for his system going forward. Or Ozil just simply isn't arsed. Or Arteta is as clueless as SteveO thinks. Who knows?

My own speculative theory (and it's a doozy! :lol: ) is that this dates back to Wenger. :shock:

To get him to sign, Wenger fed Ozil a pile of shit about him being the new Bergkamp, the catalyst that launched the Doubles and the Invincibles and hell yeah Mezzy my son we are going to sign top players and build a team around you. Ozil sees the truth, thinks you lying bastards, wants out and stupid Wenger and Gazidis give him that ludicrous contract to stay. Ozil decides fuck it I'll stay for the money. Everything has just gone slowly down hill from there. To quote those cheeky drug dealers on the Wire "tru dat. Most def". :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ozil was the only player who refused to take a pay cut after Arteta (apparently) spoke to them all.

Ozil hasn’t played since :rubchin:

#justsayin :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:59 pm
Ozil was the only player who refused to take a pay cut after Arteta (apparently) spoke to them all.

He also probably gives more to charity than the rest of the squad put together

It's not often I defend the bloke as he has been as underwhelming as it gets, but he's pretty generous when it comes to charity.....oh and he's still also 100x the player Willock is on a good day !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Ozil- What Happened?

Pure speculation mate. It could be any number of things. Maybe they hate each other on a personal level. Or Arteta thinks Ozil is shit. Or he thinks Ozil is not the type of player for his system going forward. Or Ozil just simply isn't arsed. Or Arteta is as clueless as SteveO thinks. Who knows?

My own speculative theory (and it's a doozy! :lol: ) is that this dates back to Wenger. :shock:

To get him to sign, Wenger fed Ozil a pile of shit about him being the new Bergkamp, the catalyst that launched the Doubles and the Invincibles and hell yeah Mezzy my son we are going to sign top players and build a team around you. Ozil sees the truth, thinks you lying bastards, wants out and stupid Wenger and Gazidis give him that ludicrous contract to stay. Ozil decides fuck it I'll stay for the money. Everything has just gone slowly down hill from there. To quote those cheeky drug dealers on the Wire "tru dat. Most def". :D
I take back what I said about Arteta

I mean....why would you want Ozil on the bench when you can bring on Willock :D

Arteta knows

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:20 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:59 pm

He also probably gives more to charity than the rest of the squad put together

It's not often I defend the bloke as he has been as underwhelming as it gets, but he's pretty generous when it comes to charity.....oh and he's still also 100x the player Willock is on a good day !

I agree with your points but I’m not having a dig at ozil, I’m just speculating why he’s been banished.

His charity work isn’t relevant because the reason for the pay cut was to reduce Arsenal’s operating costs, not save up for a donation to Battersea dogs home :lol:

I also don’t think comparing him to Willock is relevant either because he’s clearly not been dropped for footballing reasons.

The fact is, he played pretty much every game for Arteta before lockdown and not a single minute since, so what changed?

Perhaps he didn’t follow Arsenal’s fitness plan during lockdown and came back out of shape? Or maybe the refusal to take a pay cut? - I reckon it’s a bit of both that has convinced Arteta that ozil just isn’t that committed... and let’s be honest, despite how good he can be, he’s been in semi retirement ever since he signed that contract so I don’t have an issue with emery, Freddie and Arteta not selecting him.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

I get that he and Guendouzi are completely done in Arteta's eyes but not even being part of the squad's post match celebrations is a bit strange. Even our injured players took part. :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Did Arteta achieve the optimal position in the league based on his squad, yes. Did he overachieve by beating City and Chelski to win the FA cup? Hell yes.

In Arteta, we trust, about time other Gooners bought into his vision.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:34 pm
I get that he and Guendouzi are completely done in Arteta's eyes but not even being part of the squad's post match celebrations is a bit strange. Even our injured players took part. :rubchin:

Read somewhere that Ozil was in Turkey