CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:20 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:34 am
They are looking at allowing some spectators to attend sporting events in October.Does that mean we are going to have social distancing football hooligan s meeting in a car park s standing 2 metres apart giving it the "come on" and throwing air shots before jogging on home.
That's practically what half these cowardly cùnts were doing long before the covids! :lol:
I've heard that Oireland have volunteered to be socially distant from the next Euros too mate, so no need to worry on that score :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:38 pm
So, it has been established the England have been miss reporting the covid-19 death figures. Apparantly, the way they were recording it, was anyone who recorded a positive covid-19 test, then has since died, it was recorded as a covi-19 death. Meaning, you could get a positive test without showing symptons, recover, go about your business get hit by a car two months later and it will be a covid-19 death in England. No conspiracy, exactly how it has been reported overnight. We've been fooled and manipulated people.
This doesn't deflect from the fact our death rate is amongst the worst per million population in the world.

It might make a few thousand deaths inaccurately reported. But the reality is the government is understating by tens of thousands. That's why the ONS and excess death figures are much higher than the official amounts reported.

The conspiracy theorists have jumped on this all over social media.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A glimpse of hope with these trials???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:47 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:20 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:34 am
They are looking at allowing some spectators to attend sporting events in October.Does that mean we are going to have social distancing football hooligan s meeting in a car park s standing 2 metres apart giving it the "come on" and throwing air shots before jogging on home.
That's practically what half these cowardly cùnts were doing long before the covids! :lol:
I've heard that Oireland have volunteered to be socially distant from the next Euros too mate, so no need to worry on that score :D
:lol:

Your lot will be joining us early on buddy. Um if you are in it? Did you qualify? :D

But still that was a genuine question..... I have so little interest in modern interlull football and I used to love it back in the day..... :(

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Bet Stevo can’t wait to get his Tottenumb oops I mean Ingerland shirt on, so he can cheer on Fat tongue and Bushy brows and don’t forget Sterling and the rest of the c u n t s!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 pm
Bet Stevo can’t wait to get his Tottenumb oops I mean Ingerland shirt on, so he can cheer on Fat tongue and Bushy brows and don’t forget Sterling and the rest of the c u n t s!
:shock:

:popcorn:

:wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Number of confirmed cases rising in Ireland daily. The scenes from Walkinstown roundabout yesterday wouldn't ease your mind on how seriously we are taking this .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saw a stat about 3 weeks ago (talkng about Irish cases) that of the 25000 + people who contracted covid, that approximately 23000 of them recovered,thts approx 90% recovery rate I thin.

Anyone enlighten me if thts anyway right.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am
Number of confirmed cases rising in Ireland daily. The scenes from Walkinstown roundabout yesterday wouldn't ease your mind on how seriously we are taking this .

Presumably the more people tested, means more cases, no one seems to want to acknowledge the amount of people who have recovered, but I suppose positive news isn't click worthy, funny old world

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:46 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Presumably the more people tested, means more cases, no one seems to want to acknowledge the amount of people who have recovered, but I suppose positive news isn't click worthy, funny old world
"Recovered" is the thing though. Scientists are now saying that the virus may have life long detrimental effects on those that were infected by impacting their immune and nervous systems.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

I certainly would acknowledge the amount of people who have recovered in Ireland is quite a high percentage , and that is good. The point I am making is that suppressing the virus is a bigger issue. Prevention better than.cure and all that. It isn't about what is click worthy, it is or should be about responsible behaviour. Was it necessary for that gathering in Walkinstown yesterday. I think not, but that is my opinion. Others would differ in their view.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:54 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

"Recovered" is the thing though. Scientists are now saying that the virus may have life long detrimental effects on those that were infected by impacting their immune and nervous systems.
MAY have

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Brady I agree with stuff you're saying, it's just sometimes when the new figures regarding new cases come out each day, the amount of over reaction from what I call the end of the world is nigh brigade is unreal, if they could give the recovery figures( if possible) as well maybe it might give people some hope, rather than the constant negativity.

I'm always the glass is half full guy, eg no deaths to me is very positive but with the doom merchants they don't see that all they see is x amount of new cases.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ps see how I can reply to people without the need for the sky scraper quotes :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:21 pm
Brady I agree with stuff you're saying, it's just sometimes when the new figures regarding new cases come out each day, the amount of over reaction from what I call the end of the world is nigh brigade is unreal, if they could give the recovery figures( if possible) as well maybe it might give people some hope, rather than the constant negativity.

I'm always the glass is half full guy, eg no deaths to me is very positive but with the doom merchants they don't see that all they see is x amount of new cases.
The problem is though if you sugar coat it the morons in society (let's be honest at least 50% of people) will decide "ok fuck it problem over let's have a big old gathering". It's these stupid people that will spread the virus.

It's not about constant negativity but more about drumming home to complete idiots that their actions impact other people's lives and in some cases end other people's lives.