Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 pm
I know I run the risk of upsetting the Unai Emery fan club on here but it was actually the reverse fixture against this lot early in the season that put the final nail in his coffin as far as I was concerned.

An absolute cluster fuck of a game, up there with the Newcastle 4-4, in so far as it was like an out of body experience where you get to see yourself unknowingly step out into the path of an oncoming double decker bus and all you can do is stand there and watch, completely powerless to do anything about it.

It was around this time we insisted on playing that suicidal stuff out from the back, where two defenders would stand 5 yards either side of the keeper for every goal kick (remember that fucking shit??!!). We would then rarely manage to string 3 passes together before inevitably losing possession in dangerous areas but we kept doing it all the same.

We could easily have been a goal down early on playing that kamakazi shit before a quick fire double by Auba put us 2 up. We somehow rode the storm to half time where I thought an end would be put to the self harm, but alas no, out we came and persisted in being the masters of our own downfall by keeping to the plan.

Watford had 31 attempts at our goal that day and incredibly TWENTY TWO of those came in the second half :shock:

Pretty much one shot every 2 minutes that half the majority of which came from our own goal kicks. The game finished 2-2 and truth be told we were lucky at that, it was fucking death by hari kari and he was toast for me after that game.
Lol....and I was supposed to have mentioned the 22 game unbeaten run on occasion!

I think Rodders must have watched the Watford game and digested the stats more than he's knocked one out over Natalie Sawyer's melons..... :D

Make sure you remind me tomorrow how many shots Watford had mate.....

Then after that remind me what the score was?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Of all the people in the world you could have chosen to die on the cross for and you picked Unai fucking Emery. For shame man, FOR SHAME!!

You leave our Nat's bangers out of it

:wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I am getting quite hard at the prospect of relegating Deeney and co on Sunday having gifted Villa 3 points on Tuesday.

Quite hard indeed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:32 pm
Of all the people in the world you could have chosen to die on the cross for and you picked Unai fucking Emery. For shame man, FOR SHAME!!

You leave our Nat's bangers out of it

I would much prefer she got them out! :-P :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I really want to win this now just to see "notorious hard man" Monchichi Deeney cry like a little bitch when they get relegated. 8)

Obviously "notorious hard man" is a euphemism for "slow tubby pubber". 8)

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

This could well be a relegation battle 6 pointer next season - whenever that is ?. That's if they beat us tonight & stay up. Play the kids & keep our old superstars for next week. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can someone remind me how many shots we conceded away to these - just interested

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:55 am
Can someone remind me how many shots we conceded away to these - just interested
Hmmm.... :rubchin:

Not as many as we would have if Dick was still in charge.....?

#justsaying

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

I'll bite Stevo, think it was 31 :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:29 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

22 in the second half alone 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Would rather Auba was rested for this as he’s pretty much played every minute since the restart, looked shattered at the end of the game at Wembley last week and for me our hopes of beating the chavs next Saturday rest squarely on his shoulders.

So time for the cotton will treatment today so he’s primed to tear their defence a new arsehole in the final. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:17 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:29 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

22 in the second half alone 8)
Thanks for confirming!

Wow, that really is quite something. Given the headlines it made I presume we must have lost the game comfortably then?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

In fairness we were winning comfortably at HT

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 am
In fairness we were winning comfortably at HT
Well we have had some shocking performances this season with and without Emery.

I have to say that 2-2 draw made my blood boil,just by the sheer stupidity of both goals conceded the playing out from the back and another silly pen given away.

They battered us 2nd haif and we should of lost,iirc some guy missed a sitter at the end and Leno made a smart save.

Their first goal should of been ruled out,Cleverly was inside the area when we tried to play out after the goal kick,on such small margins VAR did not review poor Sokratis looked frustrated,he also had a great finish against Palace ruled out 4 points lost he should be awarded the Elgin Marbles as compensation for how the UK has treated him. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I'm very tempted to watch the Leicester / Utd game rather than another bore fest involving us.

If Watford have any sense, they'll be clattering into us with studs flying, terrifying our lame bunch with the fear of missing the Cup Final.

0-1, or 1-2 Watford.

I don't know whether Arteta will rest players, but I'm never convinced that it works. Players can lose an edge (I know, I know, ours don't have an edge to start with :) ) after a rest. Mind you, as it's only a week away and they played mid week, so the rest isn't long. Wtf am I on about here ?? :lol: