Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Watford(dead rubber) H Sun 26th 4pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Fuck off Troy you FAT UGLY deformed headed bastard c.unt :barscarf:
:high5:

I was so hoping villa would go down instead of Bournemouth :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Next season is SHYTE Already.

:banghead:

:cussing:

:suicide:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:27 pm
No injuries or suspensions so it’s a good result.

Martinez very good again.

Xakha and Pepe in the “meh” category as usual.

Holding and Luiz trying their best to prove there’s worse defenders than mustafi.

Willock was useless. He needs to be loaned out next season.

Mainland-Niles did okay. Bellerin is probably worth a few bob so I’d be tempted to sell bellerin, reinvest the money, and move forward with Cedric and Ainsley at right back/wing back for next season.

I've got to say g88ner, that I've always admired your measured, non hysterical and underlying positive attitude, but I do sometimes wonder if you're on the "happy gear". :lol: :wink:

Regarding Xhaka and Pepe, I'd say that "meh" is remarkably complimentary....for Pepe I'd replace it with "brainlessly crap" and for Xhaka, well, how about "completely, hopelessly, moronically, dangerously fucking useless".

Yep, Willock was useless and is useless, but forget loaning him out, he needs selling to anyone that will have him, asap.

AMN at right back....tried that many, many times....it doesn't work and I for one have seen enough. He's a centre mid apparently, but I've got no confidence in giving him a run in that position. As with Willock, get whatever money we can for him.

For what it's worth, I have a certain sympathy for AMN, because he looked to have promise when we first saw him, but like so many youngsters over the last decade, we seem to take their development backwards and ruin their careers. As much as anything, that's been due to playing them in every position except their own and having them constantly in and out of the team.

If we're not careful, it will happen to Martinelli and Saka, but I've a feeling that those boys will realise the potential they have and will jump off this sinking ship pretty sharpish.

Btw, if you have any spare "happy gear", please send some over....I need cheering up. :lol: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:02 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:48 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Look at that from Nketiah....what an absolute turd of the highest order

A man kept out of the Leeds team by Patrick Bamford but the super coach takes off Lacazette and shoves Auba wide to play him
Ah fuck up steve o you complete fucking arse!
The game is a dead fucking rubber, there is no one on this forum sucking artetas cock!
But you’re still sucking dead man Emery’s!
I’ve never seem so much brainless opportunist posting, as the fucking constant shite you post on here!
Ingerland are doing well at the cricket, I suggest you watch that, though there are no Spurs players involved, so maybe, it’s not your cup of tea!
Lol. Someone has put 50p in the dickhead

Crawl back under your stone Sid. There was talk of Ramsey coming back this week so you could start salivating over wishing him injured again.....then get banned....then forget it....then give off a load of old gob about fuck all as usual

Coronavirus has changed some things in life but nice to see the forum's biggest fucktard still hasn't changed.

Lol, what a prize James Blunt of a man you are
:coffeespit: :fishing: :drunk: :tricolour: Too easy
Lol. Someone been told off?

Yep you win Sid. I'm so angry I wish you could see me. Gonna have to have a cold shower and a long lay down

Anyway mate, cheer up. We finished 8th didn't you hear....so you can carry on flicking one off the wrist to baby Pep :D

I'm off to enjoy dinner with the family but please keep the amusing posts coming....I couldn't live without them :barscarf:
Delighted for you mate, that takeaways are open again! Don’t forget to wear your mask when you go to collect!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Some people sad at them going down but like Rhett Butler "Frankly my dear Idon't give a dam ".
RIP Olivia

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:23 pm
Bad day. I was hoping Bournemouth would stay up and they got the result at Everton. Unfortunately, we’d all but condemned them and saved Villa with our abject showing in the week.

I was also hoping that Leicester would beat United and pip them to a top 4 place, but nope.

Lastly, I was hoping that the scum would finish 7th and we might deprive them of Europe by winning next weekend....again, nope.

Mind you, I really think we’re gonna get Baku’d by the Chavs again. As if the season has t been bad enough, it could end VERY grimly indeed. :(
Summed it up for me very well. Maybe pens next week ?. Martinez MOM. :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:55 pm
I've got to say g88ner, that I've always admired your measured, non hysterical and underlying positive attitude, but I do sometimes wonder if you're on the "happy gear". :lol: :wink:

Regarding Xhaka and Pepe, I'd say that "meh" is remarkably complimentary....for Pepe I'd replace it with "brainlessly crap" and for Xhaka, well, how about "completely, hopelessly, moronically, dangerously fucking useless".

Yep, Willock was useless and is useless, but forget loaning him out, he needs selling to anyone that will have him, asap.

AMN at right back....tried that many, many times....it doesn't work and I for one have seen enough. He's a centre mid apparently, but I've got no confidence in giving him a run in that position. As with Willock, get whatever money we can for him.

For what it's worth, I have a certain sympathy for AMN, because he looked to have promise when we first saw him, but like so many youngsters over the last decade, we seem to take their development backwards and ruin their careers. As much as anything, that's been due to playing them in every position except their own and having them constantly in and out of the team.

If we're not careful, it will happen to Martinelli and Saka, but I've a feeling that those boys will realise the potential they have and will jump off this sinking ship pretty sharpish.

Btw, if you have any spare "happy gear", please send some over....I need cheering up. :lol: :wink:
The only happy gear I’ve got is knowing the season is nearly over :lol:

Fair point on “meh” being too complimentary for Xakha and Pepe. Although can I add that it should always be accompanied by an eye roll 🙄

Regarding AMN, the main problem has been his concentration and brain farts. When focussed, he’s superb 1 v 1, has pace and gets forward too. I don’t think he’s a world beater but i think he’s got more potential then Bellerin (who plateaued years ago) so, assuming we won’t sign a new right back so soon after recruiting Cedric, I’d sell Bellerin and let AMN & Cedric battle it out at full back.

I’d also consider selling Leno if we can get decent money for him. I’ve got a man crush on Martinez though so don’t want to see him lose his place next season :(

As for willock, you may be right that selling him is the answer but I’d be happy to loan him out and see how he gets on. Smith Rowe has always impressed me so I’m hoping he’s back at Arsenal next season.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:23 pm
Bad day. I was hoping Bournemouth would stay up and they got the result at Everton. Unfortunately, we’d all but condemned them and saved Villa with our abject showing in the week.

I was also hoping that Leicester would beat United and pip them to a top 4 place, but nope.

Lastly, I was hoping that the scum would finish 7th and we might deprive them of Europe by winning next weekend....again, nope.

Mind you, I really think we’re gonna get Baku’d by the Chavs again. As if the season has t been bad enough, it could end VERY grimly indeed. :(
Summed it up for me very well. Maybe pens next week ?. Martinez MOM. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I was thinking last night Ray that we might nick it if we took it to pens, but I can't see us avoiding defeat. Hope I'm wrong.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:55 pm

The only happy gear I’ve got is knowing the season is nearly over :lol:

Fair point on “meh” being too complimentary for Xakha and Pepe. Although can I add that it should always be accompanied by an eye roll 🙄

Regarding AMN, the main problem has been his concentration and brain farts. When focussed, he’s superb 1 v 1, has pace and gets forward too. I don’t think he’s a world beater but i think he’s got more potential then Bellerin (who plateaued years ago) so, assuming we won’t sign a new right back so soon after recruiting Cedric, I’d sell Bellerin and let AMN & Cedric battle it out at full back.

I’d also consider selling Leno if we can get decent money for him. I’ve got a man crush on Martinez though so don’t want to see him lose his place next season :(

As for willock, you may be right that selling him is the answer but I’d be happy to loan him out and see how he gets on. Smith Rowe has always impressed me so I’m hoping he’s back at Arsenal next season.

Fair as always, but there's no way I'd sell Leno. The idea of having two decent keepers in the squad for the first time in donkey's years, is too good to pass up. I do agree though that the revelation that is Martinez should be our first choice on current form. He's been almost the only bright spot in a grim old season, with Tierney the other.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

how do we keep 2 top keepers happy? rotation doesnt work with keepers, and impinges on the shaky defence. i think we will have to sell one. not comparable with united or city as they will be paying their loads to sit on bench, and its not as if one is approaching the end. Its a situation that i can only see an outcome of one being sold.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm
how do we keep 2 top keepers happy? rotation doesnt work with keepers, and impinges on the shaky defence. i think we will have to sell one. not comparable with united or city as they will be paying their loads to sit on bench, and its not as if one is approaching the end. Its a situation that i can only see an outcome of one being sold.

You're probably right and especially as neither will accept a prolonged place on the bench (and as you say, rotation is a big mistake), but let's milk it for as long as we can.

For me, it has to be Martinez as number 1, based on his performances. If this is the talent that he's been harbouring for years, then we've put up with all sorts of crap between the sticks, when he may well have been the answer. The trouble now, is that no way will he go back to sitting on the bench and there'll be no end of suitors keen to buy him. Likewise, I can't see Leno accepting second spot.

It's a nice and very rare problem for us to have, but no need to worry yet, when we've serious problems in other positions.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The only two areas I'd say Martinez is slightly better than Leno is at coming out to clear in a crowd - and not blocking shots right back into his own box. Martinez catches more of those shots or blocks them out towards the wings whereas Leno has dropped a bollock or three and patted a few shots right back into the path of the oppo striker.

But both are good enough to be first choice.

If only we had the same dilemma at CH and number 10. :|

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Martinez, the one (and only) positive of this entire season. And no one can take credit for it.
That's harsh on Martinelli and Saka , also Leno.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 pm
xisstential wrote:
Martinez, the one (and only) positive of this entire season. And no one can take credit for it.

It is harsh and probably not very fair, but fuck it, we're miserable bastards and that's how we like it !

:lol: :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 pm
xisstential wrote:

It is harsh and probably not very fair, but fuck it, we're miserable bastards and that's how we like it !

:lol: :wink:
Lol, well I for one take these two kids as positives to take out of this season and both have big futures. Jury is out on the other kids but got high hope for Smith Rowe.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Martinez deserves to be first choice keeper. If Leno is happy to be back-up, great. If not, loan him out long-term as we did Czesney once Cech arrived.

Saka has promise, but it is too early to say whether it will be fulfilled. Ditto Martinelli. Aubameyang has another season at tbe very top of his game in him, if we can persuade him to stay. Tierney has done ok, but let's keep his performances in perspective - he isn't (yet) at the level of Sansom, Cole or Winterburn: he is though better than the left-backs we've been lumbered with in recent years.